Search results

1. L

ALEX PAGULAYAN VS JOHN GABRIEL - 2022 DERBY CITY CLASSIC

I played John in a rated bar box 9ball tournament in Tulsa in 1996... I was rated 7, he was an 8. Uh, he won, but I got second and he -- he was tournament director also -- raised me to an 8. #$%&* :D
  2. L

Buffalos Pro Classic $26,000 Added May 25-29, 2022

Good, thanks Joe, but I've decided not to come. Thanks anyway.
  3. L

You bought? When did buying start? Is this one of those "You shoulda been on Facebook" deals?
  4. L

Beat by list

You coulda busted me bettin' on whether you could spell it. ;)
  5. L

Thanks, Joe. I wasn't thinking about the effect of combinations. 4 places is about 25% of the entries. Perfect (y)(y)
  6. L

Darren Appleton's explanation of fines and temporary ban

Was it that he "says he would never physically hurt someone while blaming their procedures for making him angry" that "Sounds like the guy who beats his wife"? I don't know the guy, and I think he deserved some sanction, but I thought even the original punishment was a little much. Matchroom...
  7. L

Paying how many places?
  8. L

PAT FLEMING PRESENTS 2022 INTERNATIONAL ONE POCKET DETAILS AND RULES

I've probably said here previously that I think the ball-on-the-break rule should be that the breaking player gets one shot and sits down. Whatever happens on that shot, ordinary rules are applied -- except that his one shot is over. Make a ball, you keep it. Scratch, you pay. Either way...
  9. L

Jumping in one pocket

I don't think it's previously been disallowed to take two playing cues to the table and switching back and forth for particular types of shots, has it? I have seen several people do it without being challenged, and I thought it was permitted.
  10. L

Jumping in one pocket

I agree with the majority here that jump cues should not be allowed in one pocket, but -- besides catkins' two very legit points about edge-of-ball jumps and inadvertent jumps when shooting hard -- think that jumping with standard cue is a skill that should be allowed; and it won't rescue...
  11. L

Incardona is a Wise-ass

You won't believe how that rascal insulted me. We were at Bogies in Houston for one of the Senior tournaments. The day before the tournament I was watching Incardona and Bill Rowsey playing a set. Tall Jeff came in and said, "C'mon, John, I'll buy you a drink." I said, "Thanks anyway, Jeff...
  12. L

ACCU-STATS VIDEO PRODUCTIONS WELCOMES NEW OWNER

Thanks, Groover. Good to hear. Pat's a great guy who has done a great job. Glad he's finally able to get some relaxing time.
  13. L

There are so many I want to bet on I'll probably have to pick the winner to break even. It can get pretty expensive to be a Po-boy.
  14. L

I don't know Gregory, or Greg well enough to have an opinion about how easy it might be to get in a crossfire with him, but I like Buffalo's decision, especially given that he's been counting on Gregory (as I understand it) to do his rail work. I'd have to stay up all night to think of...
  15. L

That's good news, because I was planning to spend $12K....... or less.
  16. L

ALEX PAGULAYAN VS JOHN GABRIEL - 2022 DERBY CITY CLASSIC

I think Jeremy was right about what Alex was trying, but thought he was showing impatience ("forcing it a little bit.") I thought he just hit it badly. The 8 ball was coming short of his pocket, meaning he hit it fat. When CB came off the long rail it caught the top point on the corner...
  17. L

Warming up for the $200 Senior Tournament with a little dust-off-the-cobwebs for $2000 at Buffaloes. Sometimes you rich guys with unlimited cash see things differently than I do. :D
  18. L

I wonder if that might depend upon whether the superior mechanics had been developed/learned, or came naturally. I think it might be possible for the naturals to get sharp again faster because of the advantage of just thinking "ball -- pocket." Touch for speed might need extra time, but on the...