Search results

1. NH Steve

So how can OnePocket.org do more to support One Pocket?

OK, we are already a pretty darn good resource to learn the game. We also have greatly improved being a good place to learn about upcoming tournaments and live streams, many thanks to those who keep an eye out for upcoming stuff and for cincy who updates our events calendar. We also recently...
  2. NH Steve

Nice job at Red Shoes "Ironman" Banks tourney Ike

...looks like you came out on top! Was that Neal Jacobs that finished 2nd? I see the time stamp on your photo after 4 AM, so truly a marathon!! How the hell do you stay focused in the wee hours like that??
  3. NH Steve

2021 Southern Rec MOT write-up & photos

We had a highly competitive field of 24 players at the classic poolroom Southaven Recreation, just south of Memphis Tennessee in Southaven Mississippi. After missing our 2020 MOT due to Covid closure, players were ready to go, and those who had been before were especially eager to return to the...
  4. NH Steve

WWYD

Tough spot here for Scott. He and Chip each need two balls and those two are in front of Chip's pocket.
  5. NH Steve

Official OnePocket.org Rules Poll revised

Official One Pocket Rules Unless clearly contradicted below, general pocket billiards rules of play and conduct apply to One Pocket, and complete General Rules & Regulations are available from the World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA) or the Billiard Congress of America. 1. Object of the...
  6. NH Steve

Poll for rules disturbing 3 or more balls

If 3 or more balls are disturbed (presumed accidental), without an effect on the shot, what should be the ruling?
  7. NH Steve

Great to see some 3 cushion action!!

Go Mazin!
  8. NH Steve

Intentionally jumping the cue ball off the table

Some TD’s and room owners really do not like when players jump the cue ball off the table intentionally. It’s potentially rough on the balls, a risk to broken glass and a risk to innocent patrons. So in this rule update we are looking to address that problem, with one of two options: Virtual...
  9. NH Steve

Official OnePocket.org Rules Poll

Official One Pocket Rules Unless clearly contradicted below, general pocket billiards rules of play and etiquette apply to One Pocket, and complete General Rules & Regulations are available from the World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA) or the Billiard Congress of America. 1. Object of the...
  10. NH Steve

I just got the royal Miller treatment!

This arrived in the mail from Dustin Miller. Thank you Dustin, you are a thoughtful and generous guy!!
  11. NH Steve

One Ball One Pocket

This form of our game seems to be catching a lot of interest lately. I thought I would post the rules that I wrote some time back (with minor tweaks). At Buffalo's recently, they played by rules 1-2-3 but not the optional limit on owed balls. One Ball One Pocket The break: Start with just one...
  12. NH Steve

San Francisco, May 1962 One Pocket!

I found this newspaper article about Cochran's 1962 One Pocket tournament. Pretty cool, and I love how Cochran talks about the new One Pocket rage!
  13. NH Steve

Members Only Tournament: date & location nominations

With Bogies Senior One Pocket moving to July this year, how about we plan a 2021 MOT for this fall — say September or October?? We will need to talk about dates — not that we can ever satisfy everybody, but to avoid obvious conflicts and also get the best turnout we can. Obviously any date we...
  14. NH Steve

Photos from Buffalo’s — lots of them

Since I came home Sunday and Monday was a holiday, I was able to process the 600+ photos I took last week. I liked over 200 enough to upload them here: https://www.poolinaction.com/2021-Tournaments/2021-Buffalo-Classic I had a great time and it definitely becomes my #1 pro event “must go”. It...
  15. NH Steve

Hello Buffalo’s!

I got in this afternoon and already bumped into Maurice, Bill Rousey, Ike and Joe Long. Mo indulged me in a few quick games of One Pocket before the tables got taken over.
  16. NH Steve

Guess who qualifies for Senior One Pocket...

Efren Reyes -- August 26, 1954!! How about that?!?! Rumor has it, he is interested in competing in the Senior One Pocket at Bogies!! That tournament field just gets tougher and tougher. Props to Bogies for hosting and adding money, and props to all the great older players that make the trip to...
  17. NH Steve

How is 1P played where you play/watch: Keep shooting or re-rack on a ball made on the break?

For our rules update, we are trying to get a better feel for how you see One Pocket played in your area, when it comes to racking and a ball made on the break. Traditionally, it used to be the opponent racked and if the breaker made a ball they just kept shooting. Then the game seemed to move to...
  18. NH Steve

How is 1P played where you play/watch: Whole ball or base of ball?

Standard pool rules go by the "base of the ball" for ball in hand behind the line, and determining whether an object ball close to the head string line is considered playable. Yet many One Pocket players seem to favor "whole ball". For our rules update, we are trying to get an idea how...
  19. NH Steve

Updating of our One Pocket rules

I have been working with Dennis Young and Bob Jewett -- for about a year -- to update and improve our Official One Pocket rules. Those two guys really are experts in the field and I very much appreciate their willingness to take the time and effort to get this update done with me. I am going to...
  20. NH Steve

Close proximity shot

This situation came up in the Gomez/Compton match that poolactiontv.com is streaming this weekend. Compton's pocket is lower right as we look at the table. It looks to me that the cue and 2 ball are separated but close. Is it even possible to hit this with enough legs and no foul to send it two...