Search results

1. Billy Jackets

Melling vs Alex

These new guys will shoot at anything, lol, hard to play safe against a wild man. he put a little yip in Alex stroke.
  2. Billy Jackets

well...

Playing a world class player is just tough. My first big tournament, I was playing at my highest level for the first half of the matches, and all of a sudden ,my body shut down. I could not for the life of me , bring my arm forward in a straight line. Those was the longest sets of my life. Both...
  3. Billy Jackets

What's the best shot?

I watched Scott make many of these carom shots ,I would rate him as one of the best in the world at them, I have also seen a lot of other players try them, usually not successfully.
  4. Billy Jackets

What's the best shot?

Looks impossible to stick to the 6 and get under the one ball to me. Do you guys think it works or doesn't ? I could be wrong as two left feet , just want to see what the rest of you think.
  5. Billy Jackets

What's the best shot?

I would just shoot the 14 straight ahead and follow with the cueball down to the end rail the 14 will either clear out the 11 or clip the edge of the one, and send it into or near the stack. If my ball would follow lines I would do that, but it hates me and does not follow instructions .
  6. Billy Jackets

new rules needed as proof from playing larry

It's the old, I'm helpless ploy. Pretend to have one foot in the grave another one on a banana peel, and the other one ready to kick you in the pants, if you get out of line.
  7. Billy Jackets

new rules needed as proof from playing larry

Is that from Snuffy Smith? or Dogpatch?
  8. Billy Jackets

Spot discussion

I know I would not take 3 to 1 or even 5 to 1 , I am inquisitive though , so if someone gave me 30 to 1 on the money , I'm going to dance my little feet off getting there, and see if I can find a way to win!
  9. Billy Jackets

Spot discussion

Sorry if I mislead you also Beat, the scenario was too complicated for my pea brain to comprehend
  10. Billy Jackets

Spot discussion

Sorry I mislead you ky ,
  11. Billy Jackets

Spot discussion

Sorry , I thought it was an either or proposition. I was wondering how people could not see the strength of it , should have known I was off in left field, without a glove.
  12. Billy Jackets

Spot discussion

The 3 to 1 is way stronger. If we play 100 games and are even in skill . In the long run , I will win 50 and you win 50. Except I win 150 and you win 50. So I am 100 games ahead after 100 games. The only way to match that win ratio with the shot spot, is if you win every game / play perfect.
  13. Billy Jackets

WWYD Romero vs McKay

Ok champions , what odds would you take to shoot that 3 14 combo , I think most would believe, that had he missed it , the game was pretty much lost? I just watched the whole video , I guess the game is different if you almost never miss anything . sheesh, my pool career would have been a lot...
  14. Billy Jackets

WWYD Romero vs McKay

I would hit bank the 10 and draw the cueball to the head rail , and slide the cueball toward the corner pocket, I might even hit it great and corner hook him. I believe it is easier to not scratch than it looks. As long as you don't over hit it.
  15. Billy Jackets

Another gift from Accu-Stats

First , is this ok with Steve?
  16. Billy Jackets

I wonder if we could just do a thread and everyone who wanted to say thanks, just reply to it?
  17. Billy Jackets

End game Wwyd for the cash

But you don't have an old arthritic shoulder, I can't get my shoulders up, even if it didn't hurt like crazy. No jokes please, lol
  18. Billy Jackets

Is anyone else interested in making a group letter to Pat Fleming , thanking him for documenting the last 40 years of pool ? Without him the choice of videos, would be the same or less than we have, of the previous generations, which is very little .
  19. Billy Jackets

Frank's 'The Barber' Back Bank!

That's me , applauding myself , not Bernies style ...... lol I am a work in progress.
  20. Billy Jackets

Frank's 'The Barber' Back Bank!

I have lost my share of big games when I played a softly hit safety, so I almost never shoot them, in critical spots. {I would rather miss by a mile and at least had a hane to win , than slow roll the rent money, and not have any hope at all I'm not a table expert, but I have had a table be...