Search results

1. T

Senior one pocket tournament this year

Sorry system crashed after first post. Thought it was gone.
  2. T

I was in Boogies a few weeks ago. They had every other table covered for social distancing. I believe Rizzo outbid himself to get LS John. That was right after he bid $600 on me. Neither bet worked out well for him. Covid numbers are getting better in Texas, so hopefully this can happen...
  3. T

I believe Rizzo outbid himself to get LS John. That was shortly after he bid $600 for me. Neither bet worked well for him. I was in Boogies a few weeks ago. They had every other table covered in plastic for social distancing. Texas Covid numbers are getting better, and occupancy rates...
  4. T

Another rules question

Thanks for the input. Sounds like we got it right. Fortunately it was a friendly game, and no moving was involved.
  5. T

Another rules question

This situation came up in a friendly match with Smitty. He had a ball deep in the jaws, and I lined up to concede the ball. After I stroked the cue ball, the ball fell into the pocket before the cue ball got there. The cue ball touched the point and stopped in the jaws. The options seemed to...
  6. T

Texas

I was in Bogies Saturday. They have every other table covered with plastic to maintain distancing.
  7. T

Houston Seniors

This was my third Senior/Super Senior event, and I made my usual donation to the quality players welfare fund. Bogies did their usual job of making everyone welcome in every way. John Rizzo is a great host, and contrary to his modesty, played well and definitely lasted longer than I did. I...
  8. T

Weight among elite players

This is my first attempt at a new thread, so please be gentle. A saw a post recently where a top player wanted 8-7 in a match against Tony Chohan. That got me wondering about how much of a factor one ball would be in a long match between two top players, like the upcoming match between Corey...
  9. T

Most outrageous spot?

Last week in Houston I saw a local mover give up 33-4, and came away substantial winner. It must be said that his opponent was considerably over served. Several times Mr. Mover had to wake him up and tell him which pocket was his, but still..... It would seem like a guy could get 4 balls by...