Search results

1. Skin

9 ball one pocket

Head ball is the one. Or you can turn the rack sideways with a ghost ball or the center ball on the spot. However, back when the early 1p.org crew was posting here, somebody said during a discussion of short rack to rack them like 6 ball with the 7th ball behind the middle ball in the third...
  2. Skin

9 ball one pocket

A good game is 7 ball 1p. Fast and furious.
  3. Skin

A big happy Birthday

We better bring our lunch. Rodney must know a million shots. H belated B, Rod!
  4. Skin

SVB...lol

The 6 foot tables were common back when I played the bars. It was rare to break and run out with all the congestion. There always were several balls with no pockets that you had to bump out or shoot a lane open for. You couldn't really work down the table in sections like on a bigger table. You...
  5. Skin

SVB...lol

After I left the pool halls for college, I played [frat] bar 8 ball almost exclusively, Doc. Artie and I agreed on how great 8 ball is. He had a million ways for matching up at it too, from one-handed to one -legged, off-handed, with a bridge only, games on the wire, etc. :eek: (Btw, didn't he...
  6. Skin

May 26-30th 2021 Buffalo's Pro Classic-$13,500 Total Added.

Great stream, commentary, and event. Worth every penny. Watching some of those guys struggle to get on and off the table was brutal. Probably a few stream sweaters committed to shedding the excess weight and getting a stretch stick after that (raises hand :)).
  7. Skin

Hello Buffalo’s!

It was common and acceptable back in Dallas during the 60s-70s, Doc. I remember seeing SJD and other top guys doing it. I sure did on occasion. I think the one foot on the floor rule broadly came into force with the Texas Express 9b rules. Getting on the table (and the old roll out rules)...
  8. Skin

May 26-30th 2021 Buffalo's Pro Classic-$13,500 Total Added.

Speak of the devil. I wondered where Sylver's been in the "Was this OK?" thread. Good luck to 'im.
  9. Skin

Was this OK?

This guy (upper right, inside the red circle) sweats the matches in lots of Accu-Stats videos covering years. Is he with the Accu-Stats crew? He's not one of you guys here, is he? He's seen a lot of good pool live, that's for sure. And that guy in the middle looks a lot like Sylver Ochoa if you...
  10. Skin

Was this OK?

Look at what Tony put on Busty in game two in a very similar situation to that in the case game (including almost scratching in the side). Busty had good reason for being scared when he came out of his chair during Tony's inning.
  11. Skin

Was this OK?

2018 DCC 1p semi. You can see the game score and ball count. Critical point in the match. Watch what Busty did during Tony's inning as it appeared Tony was about to pocket scratch.
  12. Skin

"THE BEST ONE-POCKET I HAVE EVER SEEN" - Bill Incardona, The Voice of Accu-Stats.

Just posted by Accu-Stats. I'd like to know who, if anyone, mentored Danny Smith in his youth. This is a phenomenal match with Efren.
  13. Skin

Birthday....Birthday....Art!

Drum roll, please! :) HB, Doc. Best wishes for continued good health and many more to come!
  14. Skin

Coronavirus and old geezers (like me and you)......

Tobermory, I'll meet you over in the Coronavirus thread in the member's section to continue this. See you there.
  15. Skin

Assist by not posting half-baked strategies for going to the pool hall that are highly-irresponsible in an open forum like this one. How many lurkers will get / have gotten infected by following that absurd strategy of yesterday, which you yourself did not follow? _______________________...
  16. Skin

Follow worldwide and national developments with advice here. The site is worth bookmarking and a daily visit. It is authoritative and user friendly. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/
  17. Skin

What's your call on this?

The ref called it like the game both had started and hadn't started. It must have started because Thorpe did something to lose his break. If the game hadn't started, he couldn't have done anything that I know of to lose his break. Plus, Hanes didn't have to rack his own by rule (he broke...
  18. Skin

Yeah, sorackem, not only did Hanes get Thorpe's break for that 1st game, he also broke during his scheduled turn for the 2nd game. Heckuva penalty imposed on Thorpe by that decision. Imagine if Thorpe's opponent had been a top tier guy like himself.
  19. Skin

I'm with you and Larry, doc. The way it played out, though, made me wonder if Hanes also could have re-racked had he wanted to. He took Thorpe's designated pocket, which also would not have happened under our rules. Seems, as you say, the ref was caught off guard.
  20. Skin

Opening break by Thorpe v. Hanes - DCC 2019. One Pocket dot Org Rules 2.2 The opening break begins with ball in hand behind the head string. On the break, the cue ball may contact either a cushion or any ball in the rack first, but in either case, after contacting at least one ball, an object...