T-REX VERSUS THE LION OCTOBER 19-22 - BUFFALO'S BILLIARDS NEW ORLEANS

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
Couple of thoughts to end the match, I believe its very hard to argue that Alex isnt the GOAT at this point and is a a fantastic ambassador for the game, his honest approach and fair play stand out.

Chips plan to more everything up table against Tony seems kinda silly now, Tony showed out up table this week.

Jeremy Jones is just crazy good in the booth, sometimes I'll even watch rotation ( like watching paint dry normally ) just because he's calling the match.

Poolactiontv is still the best in the business, I really enjoyed @Terry Hanna breakdowns in his updates here on the board, his knowledge of the game sometimes takes a backburner to just posting fliers ect, and imo Ray is very underappreciated with 20years under his belt provding content we would have never even had.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Couple of thoughts to end the match, I believe its very hard to argue that Alex isnt the GOAT at this point and is a a fantastic ambassador for the game, his honest approach and fair play stand out.

Chips plan to more everything up table against Tony seems kinda silly now, Tony showed out up table this week.

Jeremy Jones is just crazy good in the booth, sometimes I'll even watch rotation ( like watching paint dry normally ) just because he's calling the match.

Poolactiontv is still the best in the business, I really enjoyed @Terry Hanna breakdowns in his updates here on the board, his knowledge of the game sometimes takes a backburner to just posting fliers ect, and imo Ray is very underappreciated with 20years under his belt provding content we would have never even had.
Well said on all of this. And because I am not a night owl that could last until the end any of these nights, LET ME SAY AGAIN, it's like Christmas morning waking up to see that now Day 4 is also up as a "watch at your own convenience" video -- over 10 hours just the final day of some of the greatest One Pocket ever seen, with absolutely top notch commentary!

I'd also lke to add that the quality and clarity of the video is also fantastic! This is something that Ray has to have been working very hard at too, because it really has improved amazingly over the years.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
first of all
big CONGRATULATIONS TO ALEX FOR WINNING !!!!!!!!!!!
as nick b said about alex "size 7 shoe .......size 20 HEART "
his come back at the end of day 3 proved his mental strength and i think helped him win the match
as tony threw his best at alex and still ended the day a loser
great playing alex !!!!!!!!!!!!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
second of all
big THANK YOU AND JOB WELL DONE to ray, terry ,and all involved in bringing us the stream
the quality of the stream was superb
cant say enough good things about the commentary
JJ is always terrific and to have billy incardona and scott frost as icing on the cake
the amount of knowledge and experience they shared was amazing
third of all
Ray
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR MAKING A LOOP AVAILABLE FOR LATER VIEWING..... :love: 😘
IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED .....👍
fourth of all
thanks to buffalos for hosting it and making it non smoking at alex request

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I have not seen a Diamond table bank this well and also be this responsive around the pockets. Is it a special set up? I have heard of Diamond offering a special set up. Are those Black Diamond Cushions?
On the Z bank that was played the cushions acted properly, and I also noticed on double cross corner banks they acted more normally than I am accustomed to witnessing on Diamond tables.

I wish Terry wouild compile a short clip of the various banks the players performed in this match. I know he has done this for us in the past. There were a lot of cross corner amazing banks, especially either off the point or close to it.
Thanks for the match, it was really a great one?
Whitey

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Tony had his chance on day 3. He had Alex weak and pulled to a 23-21 lead. Then Alex took a long break and came back with a second wind. At the end of day three, Tony was noticeably limping around the table. 12 hours of high intensity pool is too much. Alex won the last three to take a 27-24 lead and never looked back. Good match and the score does not reflect how competitive it was. But it was too long. Maybe 32 is a better race for two men in their forties.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I have not seen a Diamond table bank this well and also be this responsive around the pockets. Is it a special set up? I have heard of Diamond offering a special set up. Are those Black Diamond Cushions?
On the Z bank that was played the cushions acted properly, and I also noticed on double cross corner banks they acted more normally than I am accustomed to witnessing on Diamond tables.

I wish Terry wouild compile a short clip of the various banks the players performed in this match. I know he has done this for us in the past. There were a lot of cross corner amazing banks, especially either off the point or close to it.
Thanks for the match, it was really a great one?
Whitey
A black is the same as a red

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Scott and JJ together in the booth were really good to listen to. I had the feeling they have not shared that kind of commentary that much, and if that is true, that might have contributed to the appeal of it from my perspective. The reason being, there was a fair amount of conversational strategy talk between them, of a general nature, which was very interesting. Kind of like they were picking each other's brains, and we got to listen in!!

Again, I am so grateful to PoolActionTV for putting the "on demand" files up for the last two days -- I am still working my way through them, because those two days alone were nearly 24 hours of top level One Pocket!

Steve Lomako compared these matches to the Efren Cliff matches that happened at Derby City back about 15 years ago. I was fortunate to witness a couple of those and they stand as the greatest One Pocket that I have ever witnessed. But like Steve, I would put this match in that category. Really top notch stuff!!

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Scott and JJ together in the booth were really good to listen to. I had the feeling they have not shared that kind of commentary that much, and if that is true, that might have contributed to the appeal of it from my perspective. The reason being, there was a fair amount of conversational strategy talk between them, of a general nature, which was very interesting. Kind of like they were picking each other's brains, and we got to listen in!!

Again, I am so grateful to PoolActionTV for putting the "on demand" files up for the last two days -- I am still working my way through them, because those two days alone were nearly 24 hours of top level One Pocket!

Steve Lomako compared these matches to the Efren Cliff matches that happened at Derby City back about 15 years ago. I was fortunate to witness a couple of those and they stand as the greatest One Pocket that I have ever witnessed. But like Steve, I would put this match in that category. Really top notch stuff!!
Scott & JJ were a great pair. The looping feature is also a very positive upgrade!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would venture to say that JJ and Scot along with Pagulayan and such (if there is such) have the two greatest minds in the game. Pairing JJ and Scot showed us quite a bit about the intricacies that go unnoticed and it also showed us the respect they have for one another which was evidenced in the commentary. Yes, Ray does deliver the best of the best. and to top it off he tries to make it convenient for the viewers which is appreciated and again..well deserved.

Bill Incardona

beltsander bill

Verified Member
Four days of play and forty-eight hours of commentary was a great experience. JJ has the ability to see and comment on situations in real time. However, before his appraisal can be processed by the viewing audience, the shot has been executed. Being able to do replay really added to the experience. I believe that outtakes from the replays would make for a great instruction video on one pocket.

Reactions: lll