CAN YOU NAME WHO IS IN THIS PICTURE???

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
ok, i get it. you cherry picked a piece of trash (that apparently jerked off dogs or something disgusting like that...) and was an all around opportunistic and bad man in every way imaginable.....

sure. bad/evil people have always been with us.

my overiding point being...generally speaking...there was once decorum in society....(and being an asshole was looked down upon)

:unsure:
I believe there was once the illusion of decorum.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Besides Whitey's personal habits, it took a player Corn Bread's speed to maybe beat him in different pool disciplines. Straight pool, 9 ball, snooker, one pocket.

Reactions: lll

Jimmy B

Verified Member
ok, i get it. you cherry picked a piece of trash (that apparently jerked off dogs or something disgusting like that...) and was an all around opportunistic and bad man in every way imaginable.....

sure. bad/evil people have always been with us.

my overiding point being...generally speaking...there was once decorum in society....(and being an asshole was looked down upon)

:unsure:

Right, Dustin. I was just more or less posting something to try to keep the thread going a little longer, but It's easy to see there's just not much interest any more. Back a few years when I joined up, there would have been some good ones from The Beard, who actually enjoyed telling them. Artie would be good for a few long posts. Bill Stroud probably had dealing with every guy in the picture. San Jose sure knew some of them. Dr. Bill would come in and share a good story or two, about the Jockey and Clem or some others...

In fact, I remember Beard saying that he didn't think that was Hayen Lingo next to Beenie at all. Said he thought it was St. Louis Blackie... He also said that he was sure the next guy over whose face is partially obscured is Cornbread, because of how his ears look.. lol. But it looks like the MB is fading fast. I remember good posters like Cary, the gun man from Texas, US Blues, the music enthusiast ,, . Old Blackie, who I think died out, Tyler D El Chapo, who would always come in and have something provocative to say. Dennis, with thousands of posts, Dudley and Deeman. Pete from Fla,, Skin had some good one. Rod would tell a few. Brumback would teach and cut up a few jackpots. Ghost, Meacham. Wayne Pullen, Jewett Cali Red the computer expert, and very helpful...etc etc ... Now even Beatle got pissed and left the other month. But anyway, is this the ears in the pic?...Bill Joe Burge, from back in that era...

2022-08-04 05_41_53-Window.png

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I can give you all the names I think but I believe it has already been done in another thread

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
OK Here is who I think they are
bottom row LtoR Jimmy Moore, Danny Gartner Chris McGean, He looks like Al Coslosky to me too with his eyes closed if anyone knows for sure please let me know. I never met the Janscos and I have seen pictures with first one , then the other being referred to as George I think it is Paulie Jansco then George Jansco, Alton Whitlow, Eddie Beuchene Danny Diliberto Norman Howard
2nd row LtoR Bill Staton, Hayden Lingo or Johnny Irish , Sonny Springer, Eddie Taylor, Tugboat Whaley, Don Watson, Luther Lassiter, Joey Spaeth
3rd row Lto R Bernard Rogoff, Junior Goff, Cisero Murphy, Earl Shriver, Jack Breit, Tom Cosmo
I know Johnny Irish and Johnny Vives names are on the board of players but some of them were not in the picture. If anyone is positive I have a wrong name please let me know. A couple are possibly wrong

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
OK Here is who I think they are
bottom row LtoR Jimmy Moore, Danny Gartner Chris McGean, He looks like Al Coslosky to me too with his eyes closed if anyone knows for sure please let me know. I never met the Janscos and I have seen pictures with first one , then the other being referred to as George I think it is Paulie Jansco then George Jansco, Alton Whitlow, Eddie Beuchene Danny Diliberto Norman Howard
2nd row LtoR Bill Staton, Hayden Lingo or Johnny Irish , Sonny Springer, Eddie Taylor, Tugboat Whaley, Don Watson, Luther Lassiter, Joey Spaeth
3rd row Lto R Bernard Rogoff, Junior Goff, Cisero Murphy, Earl Shriver, Jack Breit, Tom Cosmo
I know Johnny Irish and Johnny Vives names are on the board of players but some of them were not in the picture. If anyone is positive I have a wrong name please let me know. A couple are possibly wrong
thanks alot billy for the reply

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
thanks alot billy for the reply
You are welcome , I tried to convey my doubts on anyone I was not positive of , I know lots of people on here knew which Jansco was which, but I have seen pictures with the shorter one given the name George and another photo has the tall one as George, so it is a bit confusing , that along with misspellings, poor photos, and outright mistakes , makes it a real adventure sometimes. I would bet a big stack of dollars that the guy next to Bill Staton is not Ardell {Blackie} Leseur sp? Freddy remembered him as Ardell 'Blackie" Lewis I believe in his list of nicknames, easy to do. Pretty sure he played in Louisiana. I have seen a couple of pictures of him , Dark complexion dark eyes,, fairly handsome guy with European features.

Last edited:
Reactions: lll

jay helfert

Verified Member
Thanks so much, Jay.. Here's a photo I blew up of Lineen. just for fun.. . It occurs to me he might have just sort of dropped his last name off kinda like some actors do... He should be in the hof imo.... And do you remember if Tugboat played at all that year or was he just used as a ref?

View attachment 438761
Tugboat was the head referee.

jay helfert

Verified Member
Besides Whitey's personal habits, it took a player Corn Bread's speed to maybe beat him in different pool disciplines. Straight pool, 9 ball, snooker, one pocket.
Correct. Whitey was a strong player. He just had some questionable eccentricities. Trying to sell his own children among them!