Mr. 626 is playing some 1 pocket ghost right now

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon

"The first 2 days will be played on a Predator 9' table with 4 1/4 " pockets and will be more of a clinic to show how the game is played. Starting Wednesday, he'll move to the Gold Crown with 4 7/8" pockets and make his run from Wednesday to Saturday at reclaiming the world title."

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I think Mosconi is relaxing somewhere and laughing at All these, 'Scheduled' attempts at World breaking straight pool hi-runs!

I think you're right Mr. Bill, and by the way, I was eating and watching John a minute ago and he had a good run going and got to where he needed to go ball first into the foot rail.. The racketeer really pushed them up there for him. Is this a legal rack or are they too high.........

2022-05-20 17_09_11-Window (3).png

Jimmy B

Verified Member
LoL.. Well Keith, what did you think? The rack was always back more until John needed room, but commentators say you have like an inch leeway to rack high or low. I sure don't know shit about straight pool and racking.. Anybody else have a thought??

2022-05-20 22_34_13-Window (2).png

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Man way back when I played straight pool I cannot imagine an opponent letting me rack either high or low to make it easier to see a shot!! I'm shocked there is any kind of legitimate wiggle room on that! It was not uncommon to have lines traced around the rack for location. It is however, easy to imagine that in an exhibition setting, the racker would be pretty generous if it helped -- after all, it is only an exhibition, to entertain the crowd.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Man way back when I played straight pool I cannot imagine an opponent letting me rack either high or low to make it easier to see a shot!! I'm shocked there is any kind of legitimate wiggle room on that! It was not uncommon to have lines traced around the rack for location. It is however, easy to imagine that in an exhibition setting, the racker would be pretty generous if it helped -- after all, it is only an exhibition, to entertain the crowd.
He's trying to break a 'World Record' Not entertainment for fans! That possibly once again BCA will recognize along with Guinness Book of World Records would consider too. When GBWR are involved in someone's attempt at a world record, they have Very strict rules.

IMPO, this is a 'Sham!'

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
BCA use to only recognize world records either during one of their sanctioned events, or a sanctioned exhibition. Not sure if Schmidt's previous run of 526 was ever recognized as a world record by anyone. Anyone know for sure? How about Shaw's run, is that recognized by anyone?
Whitey

Jimmy B

Verified Member
BCA use to only recognize world records either during one of their sanctioned events, or a sanctioned exhibition. Not sure if Schmidt's previous run of 526 was ever recognized as a world record by anyone. Anyone know for sure? How about Shaw's run, is that recognized by anyone?
Whitey

I'm not sure, Whitey, but on another mb they are saying Shaw touched a ball during his run so there's controversy on that also. We'll see what happens. Happy Armed Forces Day...

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Whitey

I don't know, Whitey, but we need a good rules person in here to keep things straight like that, and high and low racking, for fairness and posterity etc.. Here's another one.. Suppose it's hill hill and there's one ball left on the table and you are down on a shot and the six is going to be a 95 percenter for you, and an animal makes it way onto the table and you just know it's going to disrupt the balls and your opponent calls foul since it's your shot and wants to rerack the balls and is causing a commotion.. WTF WYD?

We know that a chinchilla will probably not bite unless it really feels threatened, so you might could pick it up quickly ,, but what if it's something that might kill ya, like a red scorpion, a poison dart frog, or even a Gila???!!!

2022-05-17 19_38_28-Window (2).png

• Haha
Reactions: lll

Kybanks

Verified Member
I watched this run, his reaction told me he was hooked from the ball. He had a quiet conversation with the racket and then the balls are racked higher than giraffe balls. I turned it in absolute disgust.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Sheldon, thanks so much for putting up the 'no funny business here'. I laughed and laughed, just to funny!

Jimmy B's post,
I don't know, Whitey, but we need a good rules person in here to keep things straight like that, and high and low racking, for fairness and posterity etc.. Here's another one.. Suppose it's hill hill and there's one ball left on the table and you are down on a shot and the six is going to be a 95 percenter for you, and an animal makes it way onto the table and you just know it's going to disrupt the balls and your opponent calls foul since it's your shot and wants to rerack the balls and is causing a commotion.. WTF WYD?

We know that a chinchilla will probably not bite unless it really feels threatened, so you might could pick it up quickly ,, but what if it's something that might kill ya, like a red scorpion, a poison dart frog, or even a Gila???!!!

Jimmy, I say, yes a re-rack, for the little bugger missed up the whole game! I would tell that chinchilla, scorpion, gila, to get their own table that is their size, and keep one foot on the floor!
thanks, good stuff! Whitey

DOMINATOR

Has John made any response at all about this racking issue? Or has he just kept quiet! 🤯

Pogue

Well-Known-Member
From
Mainz, Germany
Has John made any response at all about this racking issue? Or has he just kept quiet! 🤯
Prolly as quiet as he has been after pumping Bitcoin to his fans on Facebook @ $60,000, and watching it fall to $19,000.

This screen capture with the high rack really makes me question the man's integrity, or intelligence, or both. (Intelligence for thinking he could possibly get away with that one video.) Shoulda just swung at a random ball out of the proper rack and took his chances.

#justsayin