Scott/Chip

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
The biggest thing Chip had to over come was shooting at the left pocket when it wasn't his break. There was a weird roll to it where it was almost impossible to make a pocket speed long rail bank to it. I only saw a few made in it all 5 days. Huge advantage for Scott playing on that gaff table. If the ball was coming in close to the side rail it would dive into the rail, if it was coming in a little wider it just hold up straight and just miss outside...weird..
I've never seen a table play that bad in one of these big matches. Chip was visibly upset every time his banks didn't even come close to that hole.

OldSchool

Verified Member
Looks like someone forgot to get their part of the "big saver" on their way out the door. Maybe there is a clandestine meeting later. I have known Chip and Joey since they were kids and don't recall either ever being involved in any "Business".
View attachment 436845

I like Chip and Joey. You evidently don't understand gambling terms/meanings, so you misrepresented what I said. There's nothing wrong with negotiating a saver < that doesn't qualify as "business" - dumping is "business" < that qualifies as criminal behavior.

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
A lot of fans and the public thought players taking savers was somewhat unscrupulous back in the day. At The Action Report with Jason and Big Nasty, if they found out about anything like that, you wouldn't get another invitation to come back. They didn't like it at all.. Of course some people moan when poker players run it twice on big pots. lol.. People are hard to please sometimes.....They're a lot of werk...LOL....Sometime when Earl made it to the finals, a player would ask him about a saver. He would say that they could combine the first and second place money and play winner take all.. That shut em up...(At least that's what he said he said)

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
I like Chip and Joey. You evidently don't understand gambling terms/meanings, so you misrepresented what I said. There's nothing wrong with negotiating a saver < that doesn't qualify as "business" - dumping is "business" < that qualifies as criminal behavior.
Sorry, I meant no disrespect, I just get tired of hearing about "business" every time there is a big match. I have been around 30+ years and maybe horrible things happened a lot more in other cities than I have seen being involved in matchups in Oklahoma City from 1985-2000 and Kansas City since 2000. And maybe I just think people are as ethical as I am, at the end of the day you only have your reputation to stand behind.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
30-25... Chips going to have to make a early run tomorrow to have a chance.
It surprised me that Chip won from this point starting on a fresh day. In effect Chip was spotting Scott 5 games in a race to 15. The odds would certainly favor Scott.

I like both players. Both are highly talented. Here it might just be a question of the older dog being moved over for the younger dog.

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
Looks like someone forgot to get their part of the "big saver" on their way out the door. Maybe there is a clandestine meeting later. I have known Chip and Joey since they were kids and don't recall either ever being involved in any "Business".
View attachment 436845
I know Scott's backer quite well, and I am pretty sure he wouldn't bother with a "saver".

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
It surprised me that Chip won from this point starting on a fresh day. In effect Chip was spotting Scott 5 games in a race to 15. The odds would certainly favor Scott.

I like both players. Both are highly talented. Here it might just be a question of the older dog being moved over for the younger dog.
Surprised me too and he also had to win the last three in a row with Scott on 39.. I assumed my side was dead.

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
Thanks for posting this Sheldon !!!

Great perspective from Scott. While it might not have always been the greatest one pocket ever played it was one hell of a match to sweat and as the pressure mounted both players stepped up big time. Thanks to Scott, Chip and the folks at Omega for bringing something to the masses that very few were fortunate to see in the past.

-don

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
i may be a skeptic but i cant believe any two pro pool players that were actually playing for 50,000 a piece wouldnt make an extension or call it off when it got to hill, hill.
just stop and think about it for a minute. or a few seconds for a quick thinker.

I guess they couldn’t do it because of all the side action. It creates a bad rep for the promoter as all bets are off. They could have agreed a saver, though, who knows

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Chip was down 35-30 and beat Scott 10-4 down the stretch to win. That is really something in an even match. Great heart. I think that will be the last race to 40 the 46 year old Frost will try. Keep the match race to 30 and he'll be ok.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I think race to 24 is perfect, race to 8 each day. 30 is good too, but moving the needle the other way may even be better.

Reactions: lll