2021 MOT MEMPHIS SIGN UP

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
Is the room still setup the same? There was a gold crown that was by plexi glass on two sides as the "action" table. Are you saying there is a new diamond that is the action table or are you talking about the diamond that was over by the snooker table?
Yes the action customers Rowsey included kept gravitating to the Diamond so they moved to the plexiglass area.
The famous Number 1 is now by the snooker table

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Toughest field we've had by far . I should be able to drive by then so I might still come down for the mini and the auction if the doc oks it... The auction should be huge for this one...
This upcoming surgery deal Wednesday really sucks because my original plan was bringing my camper and boat so I could fish Sardis and Grenada which are close by. FYI two of the best crappie lakes in the country

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Toughest field we've had by far . I should be able to drive by then so I might still come down for the mini and the auction if the doc oks it... The auction should be huge for this one...
This upcoming surgery deal Wednesday really sucks because my original plan was bringing my camper and boat so I could fish Sardis and Grenada which are close by. FYI two of the best crappie lakes in the country
Don’t forget Enid

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Good luck bro!

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Yes the action customers Rowsey included kept gravitating to the Diamond so they moved to the plexiglass area.
Did they put new rails on the diamond? It seemed to play faster on the rails. Just curious ... I will gamble on any table including the 7 foot snooker table. I think I was stuck 900 on the diamond before I realized it wasn't the goldcrown :)

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
OPG, what is the "plexiglass area"? Do they have a section of the room walled off with plexiglass?

It's been a couple of years since I was at the local Gulfport room, Skeeter's. At that time they had moved 4 of the 5 diamonds to the center of the room, and built a low wall around them, calling it "the pit". They were charging a little more to play on those tables, but they didn't take any better care of them than they did the other tables. Ever since Mike Surber's death the better players gradually stopped coming in. Don't know what its status is now re players.

chicagomike

Verified Member
I see Mike Eck signed up. All the big sticks are coming out of the woodwork for this one!...:cool:

Hey Mike! Rowsey sold the room to Andy awhile back. Now Bill is a vagabond.
Hey Doc...Hope all is well. I'm looking forward to it. We are foster parenting our 3 grandchildren since last Christmas so my expectations are not super high, but it is a great reason to get out of the house and I'm really looking forward to seeing all the guys!

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
OPG, what is the "plexiglass area"? Do they have a section of the room walled off with plexiglass?

It's been a couple of years since I was at the local Gulfport room, Skeeter's. At that time they had moved 4 of the 5 diamonds to the center of the room, and built a low wall around them, calling it "the pit". They were charging a little more to play on those tables, but they didn't take any better care of them than they did the other tables. Ever since Mike Surber's death the better players gradually stopped coming in. Don't know what its status is now re players.
Doc the plexiglass is only a couple of “windows” for sweators to look through but not distracting for players shooting at that pocket plus keeps noise down I think

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
hi guys. Bill ROWSEY here. I’m working on a rate at the
COMFORT INN
801 Desoto cove
Horn Lake, Ms. 38637
662-349-3493
The rate is $84 plus tax
It is 2 miles or next exit south on I-55 Goodman Rd.
That is for a king size bed, Todd is large👏
They are holding 20 rooms at that rate but I can get more if y’all will book eaely.
Might ask for Myra as she is helping me with this👌

made a reservation today. thanks bill.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Made a reservation with Myra at Comfort Inn, she is a very nice and accommodating lady. She is under the impression that the tournament may have been cancelled. I told her it is on and no doubt she will here from more of us shortly..........

P.S. ...she said cancellations would be no problem if anyone runs into a problem down the road..