Tony vs Alex

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I didn't know about this until a few minutes ago..here is the poster if you haven't seen it!

1632272623312.png

Who is the favorite to win this one? :)

Reactions: lll

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
my heart wants to bet on alex
my brain says take the spot and bet on tony
i think i will take catkins approach
make some popcorn and enjoy the match.... :)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I'll take Alex for a couple of hundred or so. Pay off or collect by snail-mail or in person at Southaven in Nov.
I’ve been on a losing ride the last several matches so I’ll take $50 on Tony and hope my luck changes.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Im tired of PPV. You dont even know if the match is on the up and up. Could be a three way split for the PPV? What percentage do the players get? When POV did the first Tony vs showdown, Hendy told me there were 8000+ viewers. I know Tony wont play for any one else besides PATV. Not sure about Alex. I think Alex is the best pool player in the world. Smartest by far. Lack of concentration is his very bad failure to be the GOAT.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Im tired of PPV. You dont even know if the match is on the up and up. Could be a three way split for the PPV? What percentage do the players get? When POV did the first Tony vs showdown, Hendy told me there were 8000+ viewers. I know Tony wont play for any one else besides PATV. Not sure about Alex. I think Alex is the best pool player in the world. Smartest by far. Lack of concentration is his very bad failure to be the GOAT.

Yeah, and look what's going on with the SVB vs Chang affair. A bunch of people bet on it and they got tied at 115 last nite and they decided to back and jack and just add 40 more games to their race.. Said they were laughing and cutting up and having a good old time. Be wary.....

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Yeah, and look what's going on with the SVB vs Chang affair. A bunch of people bet on it and they got tied at 115 last nite and they decided to back and jack and just add 40 more games to their race.. Said they were laughing and cutting up and having a good old time. Be wary.....
I would be VERY hard to convince that Tony and Alex were playing dishonest games. Both too smart, and IMO, too ethical.

Kybanks

Verified Member

I have felt this way the whole time. Like you, I'm not sure if they are really gambling or just playing to get viewers.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Not all PPV are created equally. I agree that some of the streamers have tried some nonsense to sell the pay per view, but this match is on the square. And we should see another match in New Orleans next month between Filler and Tony. This one will be good to sweat.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I know this is common sense, but I think it all depends on which player(s) shows up.

If Alex, one of the best one pocket players of this generation, is playing like Alex can, no one can beat him even or getting 9/8.

If Tony plays like he has on camera before and is making those inventive shots, then no one can beat him even, let alone give him 9/8.

I hope both player's "A games" show up and we get to witness a great match!

I have said this many of times but I will say it again (even though Ray/Terry may not see it)...I wish there was a way you could take the match and put it on a thumb drive, a DVD or some sort of secure download area where I can buy it and then watch it on my own time whenever I want. Rewind, fast forward, pause, etc. I know they do playbacks over night, but I still may not get to see it all that way.

Good luck to both players!