2021 One Pocket Top 10

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Women do not have the natural inclination nor aptitude for pool, or for that matter, for chess, or any other mathematical/geometrical sport. Yes, there are some women in those endeavors, but they are the exception. OTOH men do not have the natural aptitude or desire for nuturing, for example.

I'm not sure why occasionally there are calls for more women to be in one-pocket (or pool in general), except from those who would benefit financially, like pool room owners or equipment sellers. Do we hear a cry for more men in nursing or hair dressing? With the exception of a few serious women players, ladies in the poolroom are the equivalent of men at a LuLaRoe party.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Pam "The Mystery Woman" has been playing out of Buffalos for nearly four years. She plays pretty good. She would beat most on this forum.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Women do not have the natural inclination nor aptitude for pool, or for that matter, for chess, or any other mathematical/geometrical sport. Yes, there are some women in those endeavors, but they are the exception. OTOH men do not have the natural aptitude or desire for nuturing, for example.

I'm not sure why occasionally there are calls for more women to be in one-pocket (or pool in general), except from those who would benefit financially, like pool room owners or equipment sellers. Do we hear a cry for more men in nursing or hair dressing? With the exception of a few serious women players, ladies in the poolroom are the equivalent of men at a LuLaRoe party.
That is a really sexist remark. It's almost exclusively an environment issue. For years, it was bad form for a single woman to be in a pool room. So most women stayed away. It's hard to get good when you aren't playing pool. Go ask Jennifer Barretta or the others if there is some gender based limitation on their play. When there is a stigma against playing, and there is no money in playing, most don't play. It's not gender based. It's common sense.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Pam "The Mystery Woman" has been playing out of Buffalos for nearly four years. She plays pretty good. She would beat most on this forum.
I’ve played Pam many times, she’s a tough cookie.

I’ve asked Jennifer to play 1P several times without success. They have a nice room with only one tight table.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That is a really sexist remark. It's almost exclusively an environment issue. For years, it was bad form for a single woman to be in a pool room. So most women stayed away. It's hard to get good when you aren't playing pool. Go ask Jennifer Barretta or the others if there is some gender based limitation on their play. When there is a stigma against playing, and there is no money in playing, most don't play. It's not gender based. It's common sense.

I'm surprised at your name calling, counselor. Environment has very little if anything to do with most women's disinclination to play serious or competitive pool. It's not access, it's biology. Plenty of women go to the poolroom to have fun, as they should. But in comparison to men very few aspire to reach a high level and engage in serious competition at the game. Your exceptions noted are not anywhere near the rule.

Women in general have no physical deficits at cuesports, with the exception of the power break. Physiology and hormones determine each of the two sex's affinity for certain endeavors. Women have been welcomed, even encouraged, to patronize poolrooms for 60 years. Whatever level of stigma which may have limited women's participation in cuesports in the past is long gone.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'm surprised at your name calling, counselor. Environment has very little if anything to do with most women's disinclination to play serious or competitive pool. It's not access, it's biology. Plenty of women go to the poolroom to have fun, as they should. But in comparison to men very few aspire to reach a high level and engage in serious competition at the game. Your exceptions noted are not anywhere near the rule.

Women in general have no physical deficits at cuesports, with the exception of the power break. Physiology and hormones determine each of the two sex's affinity for certain endeavors. Women have been welcomed, even encouraged, to patronize poolrooms for 60 years. Whatever level of stigma which may have limited women's participation in cuesports in the past is long gone.
art
you are blind to you biases? (jmho)
what do you think it is like for a women to walk in to a pool room where every man in there wants to get in their pants
and/ or is staring at their breasts and ass??
do you think women were made just to be housewives?
you are blind to your stereotypes
i am with joe on this one
jmho
icbw
i still luv you... :)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
If the top women players of today turned to one-pocket, I suspect their approach might resemble the matches of twenty or thirty years ago, rather than the slashing games of Tony or the other gunners, and I would love to see it. I suspect that many others here would enjoy it also. My heroes have never been cowboys.

Ban Giang

From
California
Women do not have the natural inclination nor aptitude for pool, or for that matter, for chess, or any other mathematical/geometrical sport.
Sounds like you need to get out more.

Reactions: lll

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA

Such a tedious antiquated statement. Another disappointment.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
art
what do you think it is like for a women to walk in to a pool room where every man in there wants to get in their pants
jmho
icbw
Larry, I'm trying to see what bearing the questions you've posed have on my commentary re the difference in men's and women's physiology, and how those differences in general incline the sexes toward certain activities. For those who would like to see a definition of physiology, here is a basic one: https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/what-is-physiology#1-3

People who have the notion that there is no difference between the sexes except for certain physical characteristics are mistaken. After 300,000 years of homo sapiens' existence scientists can be pretty accurate on the subject of the physiological differences between men and women. Yet at the dawn of the 21st Century it has become fashionable in the media and in Hollywood to assert that there are no differences. But human anatomy and physiology, which beget anthropology, cannot be reinvented.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
art
i do not need a lecture on physiology as i am very familiar with the subject
i also dont want to sidetrack this thread.
you cant make the blind see
just sayin

BRLongArm

Verified Member

I didn't call you a sexist, I said your comment was sexist. There is a difference and you are educated enough to know the difference.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
art
jmho
icbw
You do know plenty of women look at men’s buts and want to get in their pants. If you don’t, just watch some Bachelor in Paradise or the other shows. Believe it or not it’s happened to me😍

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
We need to avoid this sexist thinking. The real issue: Is it better to watch women play pool from in front, or behind?:oops:

Last edited: