Hello Buffalo’s!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
yea, I knew they allowed that at Buffalo's (or is it that way in all of LA?) -- either way even if I could, I wouldn't. I just don't think it can help me much more than a bridge can, plus I don't want to get hurt and I think it looks silly :)

Might as well stand up and get your putter out hehe...

Skin

Verified Member
Isn't that the dumbest thing you've ever seen?..:sick: Looks like the Boys' club at the YMCA.
It was common and acceptable back in Dallas during the 60s-70s, Doc. I remember seeing SJD and other top guys doing it. I sure did on occasion. I think the one foot on the floor rule broadly came into force with the Texas Express 9b rules. Getting on the table (and the old roll out rules) disappeared after that even in the gambling matches.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It was common and acceptable back in Dallas during the 60s-70s, Doc. I remember seeing SJD and other top guys doing it. I sure did on occasion. I think the one foot on the floor rule broadly came into force with the Texas Express 9b rules. Getting on the table (and the old roll out rules) disappeared after that even in the gambling matches.
The one foot on the floor rule has been there as long as I can remember-- certainly since the late '50s. I'm sure they had that rule in both pool and billiards tournaments forever.

I've gotten up on the table a few times years ago, but I was so embarrassed being up there, I never did it again..😄 I would never agree to an opponent doing that, irrespective of whatever house rule was in force. I have noticed at Buff's that bridges are hard to find. Better bring your own! I'd be surprised if they allowed that in the pro 1P event.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The one foot on the floor rule has been there as long as I can remember-- certainly since the late '50s. I'm sure they had that rule in both pool and billiards tournaments forever.

I've gotten up on the table a few times years ago, but I was so embarrassed being up there, I never did it again..😄 I would never agree to an opponent doing that, irrespective of whatever house rule was in force. I have noticed at Buff's that bridges are hard to find. Better bring your own! I'd be surprised if they allowed that in the pro 1P event.
doc
i think you can get on the table in the pro event

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
You can do this at Buffalo’s
Yeah - no...

..but maybe there's room for crass moves like that these days; from now on I'm gonna just drive my golf cart right up on all the greens and putt from the cart in a seated position.