Chohan vs Compton

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
I saw most of it and would say they are both playing very well but Chip has won most if not all of the up table games that come down to the last ball or two. Chip has won at least two games when he needed three or more balls and Tony only needed one ball. I would say it is a very close match and the spot isn't obviously helping Chip but those of us that play a lot of one pocket know getting an extra ball can provide a mental boost.

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
Tony told me the pockets were big. All the tables are ProAm tables. The table I played on I forgot to measure but was definitely not smaller than 4.5” The stream table looked the same. I’ll try and go back tomorrow and look again
They mentioned on the stream that longer rails were put on the streaming table and the pockets are 4.25".

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Only one 9 and out for Tony. Both players not playing top speed. Tony looks at times like the disinterested Tony. Chip one stroking shots. Overall disappointed in the match so far.

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
I posted mine before reading Mr Coats responses. Interesting how views differ.
I didn't notice either play missing many makable shots. I liked the match but I would prefer to see grinding games of one pocket than run outs. I am impressed with how Chip can shoot ten bunt safeties up to a Varner wedge, then come with a high pressure length of the table shot. I always struggle to make a tough shot after a long stretch of bunting balls around.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I didn't notice either play missing many makable shots. I liked the match but I would prefer to see grinding games of one pocket than run outs. I am impressed with how Chip can shoot ten bunt safeties up to a Varner wedge, then come with a high pressure length of the table shot. I always struggle to make a tough shot after a long stretch of bunting balls around.
Wasn't missing shots with Chip as much as missing easy position on balls to continue runs. Tony seemed all over the place and disinterested. IMO both players played well below top speed and were not really into it.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Well, the last game it mattered. What is more striking is Chip completely out moved Tony in the last game. Tony needed one and Chip needed four or five, and all the balls were in the wedge, and Chip ended up beating Tony.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Well, the last game it mattered. What is more striking is Chip completely out moved Tony in the last game. Tony needed one and Chip needed four or five, and all the balls were in the wedge, and Chip ended up beating Tony.
The last game was probably the best one so far. Whats my odds if I take Tony from here Joe?

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Thats because Chip is a better one pocket player than Tony. And obviously a better negotiator getting a ball from Tony.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I'll take Tony for a small sweat. My 100 to your 200.
Pass. I have Chip even. Don't think a three game lead is worth two to one to the better player. Frost had him down four in day one and got beat by three. If you want Tony, I'll lay 6/5. That's about all it is worth.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I'm driving to Buffalos, where I'll get even action on Tony and won't have to lay anything. 9-8 meant about a three game swing in day one. Tony would have been leading 9-6 if they played even.

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
Chip is up 18 - 12 after day two. Tony pulled within one at 12-11 and 13-12 and Chip won the last five games to finish the day up 18 - 12.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Compton has recently struck me as a bona fide champion type-- doing what it takes to get on top. I love Tony's play but his indifference and attitude hurt his performances nearly as many times as not.

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
My first go around with rackem.tv, they could step up their game just a little. No times listed, no replays, scoring is different today, JJ is absent.
I appreciate the stream though, and the video quality is good.

BallBanger

Well-Known-Member
My first go around with rackem.tv, they could step up their game just a little. No times listed, no replays, scoring is different today, JJ is absent.
I appreciate the stream though, and the video quality is good.
What's the score of the match?