Recent content by OldSchool

1. O

Coming up: Tony vs. Billy 8-7 - who's got the best of it here?

Tony should adjust the game to playing 8-7 on his break, and even on Billy's break.
  2. O

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Robert Newkirk wins the MOT - with a 4-0 shut-out in the final match.
  3. O

Ray vs. Tom #1.

Always good to read the Ghost's opening post. An excerpt from it: "Also, some info re. the choice of shooting the 10ball in: the 9ball sitting under the stack cannot be banked cross-corner into Ray's pocket, but it does go straight into Tom's pocket"
  4. O

Chris Reinhold vs Chip Compton 2024 DCC

And just for the sake of perspective, two more examples: #1. A boxer down for the count sometimes could get up, but doesn't. Because he knows he has nothing left, and can't defend himself. #2. Traditionally, in chess, when you know positively that you have no chance, you concede, and turn...
  5. O

Ghost vs. Tom #2

Yes, possible scratch in the corner. The other concern with the choice of kicking the 3-8, is that the 8ball and cueball are both heading to the same area and you could end up leaving your opponent a good shot on that 8ball.
  6. O

Scott Frost

Is the Pope Catholic? 😆
  7. O

Scott Frost

Why wouldn't he, he's got a backer and he's got the best of it with all of those games. I think I'll post on his page and tell him that I'll take 12- 4 for 100K. 👀
  8. O

Victor vs. Mike #2 - end game

Yeah, and then Victor banks the 1 or the 15 cross corner.
  9. O

Quick WWYD while we wait...

You gentlemen shooting at your hole here are all a backers nightmare - miss and lose the game. Play the score, you have a 4 ball lead. Just softly get rid of that key ball of his, the 12 ball - banking it up to where it also blocks or clogs up the 9 and 10 balls which are laying good for him...
  10. O

Fun Corey Deuel runout

I don't know how he could be doing that. He doesn't play big $$$ challenge matches, and he doesn't usually finish all that high in tournaments, so it seems to me that he can't be making a living from playing pool. That said, I know nothing about his personal life. None of my business, but I...
  11. O

IS SHANE DUCKING TONY ???

I like the quiet Tony while he's playing, better.
  12. O

One and stop

Too general of a question. Depends on what the level is of the player giving the spot, and what the level is of the player he's giving the spot to.