Recent content by newfosgatesucks

1. newfosgatesucks

Safety-net needed.

Are old threads using wei table not viewable anymore? What's the new way? If not available let's create a safety-net by screen-shorting the layout and posting it instead in case the format changes or loses funding again. A shot brought up on another thread had me looking at old posts and...
  2. newfosgatesucks

Rest in Peace, Blackeee

Samuel Keith Hamilton, aka "Blackeee," passed away this morning peacefully in his sleep, around 3:30 a.m. when I checked on him. Blackeee enjoyed this site so much and loved the game of one pocket. One Pocket and ball games paid his way through life, and raised myself and 3 other children...
  3. newfosgatesucks

Get Well Blackee

Member Blackeee is sitting here in the hospital with no less than 2 brain tumors and reminiscing about the many stories he has in his years at the table. About all he can do now is hope, and all we can do is pray. The tumors have affected his coordination severely and it is unknown...
  4. newfosgatesucks

Options, What to do?

You have pocket A (Top pocket) And options galore. Which one do you choose? Any additional options? Skim the 4? Kick the 2? Remove the 3-8? Skim the 9 leave him long? Bank the 6? Kick around 4 rails behind the 8...
  5. newfosgatesucks

One Pocket applied to 8-ball

I was practicing banks while watching an 8-ball tournament the other night..And this came up. The obvious shot here, (you have SOLIDS) took all of 2 seconds to figure out. They huddled as a team, and the captain instructed...And after talking with the whole group, they decided to shoot...
  6. newfosgatesucks

Kick-banks ???

Kick-Banks ...Seems like they would be legal. Opinions? My opinion is it it simply a bank shot. If a player has the ability to execute it rail first, why is this ability squashed in tournament play? Sometimes three in the side isn't available!! To some of you upper-par bankers - do...
  7. newfosgatesucks

Short Rack Break ??

A few questions concerning this break. First, is it legal? Does anyone use it? I play often on oversized 8ft table and occasionally on a barbox. I know it has a little risk on a 9ft. I find the back ball either goes, or stays low, leaving him safe. After trying many variations on the...
  8. newfosgatesucks

STOP IT!!! "IT" hit me!!

How do you stop it? IT! You know what "IT" is - here is a small dose! He needed 4, I needed 1. Banking the 6, he slops the 2 in. And fell on this. Then runs out like some kind of player! Have you ever been hit by "IT" and you don't know what "IT" is made of, where it comes from, or why it...
  9. newfosgatesucks

Which shot

Pocket A is you (bottom pocket)Which of the shots available would you choose playing a good player. He has given you a good strategic game and runs balls as well as you. Also banks pretty stout. But here is the catch : WHY would you choose that shot? Please, What would you do, and...
  10. newfosgatesucks

Pool.BZ makes me so mad

After 3 tries at creating an account at pool.bz all I get is this, EVERY time I try to sign on, even through my facebook account: "Registration denied. We check new registrations against a database of known forum spammers. At this time, we are unable to contact this database to verify your...
  11. newfosgatesucks

What did I do?

I shot the 4 into the dead 11-3 combo and hit it sloppy. I have the bottom pocket. I owe the ball I made when my inning ends.... What did I do...
  12. newfosgatesucks

Question/short prelude

I demonstrated a good point today. Each player has to play to their abilities, while considering risk/reward. How did I do it? Two other guys argued about a shot and I claimed I could take a broomstick and win the game with my shot! And I did. So I went on to beat him a full game...
  13. newfosgatesucks

Question for John B on straightbacks

John, I have a "How do you approach it" type question on longer straightbacks. Actually, the way I approach it- wondering if any of your calibre see it this way. I have 2-3 systems for straight-backs, we all know "like it lays" where you play the angle of it, and maybe add a little spin to...
  14. newfosgatesucks

Hennessey's Shot, 2 times

A shot by Hennessey, playing 300/game, and 200/game. Came up first time he has the pocket with the chalk, elevates, slight draw, bank/double kisses the ball to his hole, it falls. After upping the bet, three games later, he is pocket 'a' and kisses it off opponents corner pocket to his...
  15. newfosgatesucks

Condolences to Blackeee

Blackeee I am sorry for the loss of your father, Kenneth Meador Hamilton. He lived the best life and influenced many in a good way, fought for our country, gunning down Japs, played semi-pro ball to get through college, and taught young men over different decades how to play baseball and took...