Recent content by LSJohn

1. L

Pick your favorite 1P match

Ok, gotcha (or, for those who speak and write English more correctly than I, Ah, now I understand, Thank you.) ;>)
  2. L

Pick your favorite 1P match

I don't think that could be it. I'm pretty sure the match is available on video only (legally) from Accu-Stats, and that would not be likely to have Billy and Alex commentating at DCC. To answer the thread question, JJ and Buddy, 1998, with the commentators Billy and Danny speculating which...
  3. L

who were/are your one pocket heroes?

He came to a small bar table tournament is SouthWest Missouri in the late 90s undercover. It was like Ahhnold's Kindergarten Cop. Went for $20 in the Calcutta. Oh, yeah, just remembered: Dee Atkins was with him.
  4. L

Alex is a very good player and a great gentleman. He commentated a match between Filler and Chohan in Roy's basement, and he did an excellent job, as always.
  5. L

Alex Lely
  6. L

9-7 8-6 spot difference

Well done Larry.
  7. L

Analytics in One Pocket

I like this! If I make the shot I win 10% of the time. If I miss, I win 2% of the time. I'm playin' for $20, so if I make it, I win $2 ($20 one time out of 10.) If I miss , I win $.40 ($20 one time out of 50) I'm obviously $1.60 better off to shoot, but the good news is, I win either way...
  8. L

Markulis Memorial at Hard Times

Great, Thanks! (enjoyed it.)
  9. L

Markulis Memorial at Hard Times

How to find that?
  10. L

One Ball One Pocket

I think in this form failing to hit the correct next ball should not be a foul, but a roll-out, maybe with this additional modification: Following a roll-out that opponent declines, shooter may not pocket a ball in his/her own pocket on the next shot. edit to add: Or, perhaps rollout is only...
  11. L

Cliff JOYNER vs Santos SAMBAJON - 2000 WORLD ONE POCKET CHAMPIONSHIPS

Me too. Especially games 6 and 7.
  12. L

So how can OnePocket.org do more to support One Pocket?

No, I prefer no handicaps; it's been a long time since the post, but I think I was responding to how to do it. Above all, I don't want to hear whining about ratings.
  13. L

IMO, instructing the "old school" way is not the best way to promote the game. To get as far as possible away from "watching paint dry" from the start, I'd recommend teaching "cool" shots, multi-rail banks, traps, caroms, multi-ball herding etc. As a player progresses and learns from...
  14. L

"in-house Fargo, so to speak." "In house" meaning "in a pool room or small region, right? Simple is best, IMO, and I'd suggest needing nothing more than average balls pocketed per game. Someone would have to re-calculate with the latest data added after each tournament, but that should take...
  15. L

First Ever Women’s One Pocket Tournament!

My guess would be that Barretta is not nearly as experienced at one-pocket. Justin Cone's wife beat her and she looked to me a 1 1/2-2 balls behind Webb. (Webb beat her 6-0 in two matches.) Oh, Justin Cone was very good in the booth. A step ahead of Larry most of the time.