Recent content by gulfportdoc

1. gulfportdoc

High Stakes One Pocket Tournament-$10,000 Added-5,000 Entry-September 15-18th Action Palace in Dayton, Ohio.

Races to 7, with true double elimination. That means there's a possibility of a 26 game final match (gasp!).
  2. gulfportdoc

2022 Fall Regional Tournament - Memphis - November 4-6

Every 2 weeks he takes a 3 week vacation...😄
  3. gulfportdoc

Frost vs Orcollo - $200,000 One Pocket Match Video

I couldn't get past that little fart Orcullo's first shot. He takes too damn long to shoot!
  4. gulfportdoc

Corey Deuel vs Roberto Gomez One Pocket Action Match August 5-7th-Buffalo's Billiards Action Palooza New Orleans

Eddie must have been born in a N.O. poolroom. He was going hot 'n heavy when I moved here in 2000. He was the only guy who ever asked me if I'd bet on the side in a tournament match at the old Pickles poolroom near Ochsners Hosp. I should have. I beat him 2-0 in a race to two!!..😄 Eddie...
  5. gulfportdoc

CAN YOU NAME WHO IS IN THIS PICTURE???

That's good to hear. He and I kinda got out of correspondence. I'll have to Email him.
  6. gulfportdoc

Happy Birthday Jason! (1 Hole Nut)

Happy Birthday, neigh-bah! I was wondering when you'd get around to having a birthday...:cautious: If I can ever get back to being able to run 2-3 balls, I'll invite ya over! Hell, even Col. Bille could beat me now!..😄
  7. gulfportdoc

We also lost Keone as a poster last year.
  8. gulfportdoc

2022 Fall Regional Tournament - Memphis - November 4-6

No FB guys??...😄
  9. gulfportdoc

Cochran's and Palace Billiards

Those were some good players. I know that Filipino Gene played one hole, along with Palmer and Hadad. There was a big S.F. 1P tournament held at that room (Chalker's?) owned by a lady proprietor (Bachman?) whose name I can't remember. They had a good turnout. I'd say that was around 1996.
  10. gulfportdoc

A Very clever shot!

Hmmm, I'd say if it were made 1 time in 10 that it would be remarkable. I don't think anyone would ever try that shot in a serious 1P game. Too easy to sell out.
  11. gulfportdoc

Cochran's and Palace Billiards

That's true, things changed. SF may have been a OP town in the '60s, but in the '90s you'd have to travel 400 miles to get a one-pocket game...:( A few guys in L.A., and a very few in SF (like Henderson) played it, but it was all 9ball.
  12. gulfportdoc

Chohan vs Gorst Banks - 2022 DCC

Nice match to watch. One guy was up 2-0, but then the other guy won 3 in a row to take it. Cheers, Cincy!
  13. gulfportdoc

I'd say either Johnny Irish or Eddie Taylor.
  14. gulfportdoc

Seeking quotes for Final 'Encyclopedia' of Pool Hustlers Tributes

Grady Mathews died in April of 2012.
  15. gulfportdoc

Re: 3-Foul loss of game ruling. Anyone know how long ago the current iteration has been around?

That's interesting that the shooter would still be on 2 fouls in contrast to "...he asked Jeremy Jones, who agreed with my friend that one would no longer be on 2 fouls if not properly warned and commits a 3rd consecutive foul, so they would only be on their first foul in a row in respect to...