Recent content by fred bentivegna

1. fred bentivegna

Thank you from the Freddy Bentivegna Family

Dear OnePocket.org family, With heavy hearts we announce the passing of our beloved father, grandfather, best friend, spiritual guide, mentor, comedian, chef, author and globally adored pool champion, sports personality and legend, Freddy the Beard Bentivegna, on Wednesday June 18th, from...
  2. fred bentivegna

Fred Bentivegnas son, Dino.Here for everyone

Many of you know or knew me. I am Freddys son, Dino Bentivegna. I am here to help answer any questions, about the future of his website, his life and in some cases his death. I forgot my login details, so ill be communicating through onepocket .org, my email address dinoboy445@yahoo.com, and in...
  3. fred bentivegna

Who's on first?

In a moment of sensibility, I am not going to post this on Dennis's thread, and cast bad feelings on the raffle for the Eddie Robin book. But I just checked the contestants, and would you believe it -- what a coincidence -- all 3 jamokes that I have on IGNORE are all missing in action on the...
  4. fred bentivegna

bank tourn 1993 at Chris's

I was at Red Shoes last night and ran into an old opponent of mine, Tough Tony Brewer. When we started cutting up jackpots, he had in his trunk some old photos of the bank pool tournament that he won in 1993. Included in the memoirs, he had this report on the tournament itself. This is it...
  5. fred bentivegna

Reply to onepocketchump

John, I was informed of your post in the members forum re the "those knocked" list. I am unable to respond there as I have barred myself from the members forum, so I reply here. Glad you got the point of the thread ( you should since you were one of the victims). Beard You should have...
  6. fred bentivegna

Interview yesterday and today

I was at a luncheon interview by the "Chicago Reader" yesterday at the famous Greek Islands restaurant. The interviewee was Aimee Levitt, staffer. The Reader picked up the tab, which was nice, as was Aimee. The interview got pretty candid, the only place we didnt go was sex stories. Although I...
  7. fred bentivegna

No more "Members" for me!

I want to announce that I have decided to give up the "Members" forum totally. I will not look at, or post on, the Members anymore. Dealing with various elements of certain Members threads has caused me undue anxiety and consternation. Enough so, that I considered quitting the whole forum...
  8. fred bentivegna

Remember that story I told.....

...and y'all didnt take it seriously? (With good reason???:lol) The one about when Sir Edmund Hillary was climbing in the Himalayas and he found a monastery high up and discovered that the Monks there had a room with a pool table in it. When he told the monks he had just came from Derby City...
  9. fred bentivegna

The Elephant in the room

So far no mention of the, "JBs Thread" on the AZ forums? 'Sup wit dat? Especially post #47 by Jerry Forsythe. :sorry Beard (not one to revel in someones misfortune):rolleyes:
  10. fred bentivegna

Where's Fannie?

Here is our Fanatic, part of a supporting cast for the "upcoming" 10k grudge match with John Barton and Clever Lou. They say show up money has already been posted. I have serious doubts. Beard Oh, she is the cutie in the bottom right corner, Sandra Stevens.
  11. fred bentivegna

My new canine pal

The best thing that happened to me in DCC was the female Dachie I picked up in French Lick, IN. Her name is Bridgett and she is 8 weeks old. She and my little Kaiser are going to be pals. Beard
  12. fred bentivegna

Bank Pool Ring game

Scott Frost and i did the commentary on the Ring Bank game. I have to honestly say that that was the best played Ring Game ever, and I have broadcast every one. That was absolutely the best banking I have ever seen -- by all the contestants -- in my whole career. Bustamonte played fabulous...
  13. fred bentivegna

I wasnt kidding

I originally posted this in the "Who's going to the Derby" thread. It apparently didnt get a single rise. Did everybody think I was kidding? The tease to John Henderson was a fluff, but the TV crews were not. I would have thought that a good chance to get a pool reality show on the tube might...
  14. fred bentivegna

Cotton's Tales out for Jan

Here is the link for the Jan issue of Robert LeBlanc's , " Cotton's Tales." http://confessionsofapoolhustler.com/magazine/ Enclosed is a tribute to George Fels (by me) and a big story on the life of Surfer Rod. Beard
  15. fred bentivegna

Fat's real daughter

In the latest issue of Billiards Digest, RA "Jake" Dyer does a whole story on Fat's only real daughter, Juanita, from his first wife, Double Smart Lucy. Jake was kind enough to give me my props for being the first person to break the story in my book, The Encyclopedia of .......... Juanita's...