Recent content by chief1

1. C

Port Chester Mickey

I also knew Billy, he passed about 20 plus years ago. From what I saw, Roy was better all-around player.
  2. C

Port Chester Mickey

I am pretty sure that is not Roy "the cook" Stanzionne. He passed away about 10 plus years ago, was living in a van down the street from College Billiards. Great pool player and really nice person.
  3. C

Why is One Pocket not popular in New York?

I have seen some action 8 ball games for fairly big money. Used to see some 9-ball action but that's about it. Most of the action now is between the Hispanic players and you never hear about it unless you were there
  4. C

who were/are your one pocket heroes?

Steve, Good Times has about 90 tables., including about 20 bar tables and 2 billiard tables. There was a weekly 3 cushion tournament, both Shorty and Paul Melnichuk were there daily. Besides tournaments and occasional match up, there was hardly never any action in the Boston area ever.
  5. C

Steve, I was at the pool room in Brighton the night you had the ceremony for Shorty when you and Grady were there. I used to play at bowl haven in Somerville but played at all the rooms in the area both pool and 3 cushion. Do you remember Good Times at Assembly Square?
  6. C

I remember Bob Ingersol playing almost every day at the Town Line bowling alley. I also played at the bowling alley in Dorchester which was right off the freeway. I believe around the early 90s World Class was the place for 3 cushions, I played in a couple of tournaments there but there was...
  7. C

What's the List of 3C players that played OP!

thank you, I have actually been a member since it started but had to re-register last week when some upgrades were done. Still glad to be here
  8. C

thank you, I have actually been a member since it started but had to re-register last week when some upgrades were done. Still glad to be here
  9. C

Yes I agree that was a great description of of the guys from Boston. I was very close to Shorty up until his death and Paul until he moved to LV. I played Paul 3 cushion hundreds of times at Bowl Haven, Goodtimes and the Town Line. Ingy played at Townline right up to when he passed away I...