Bustamante vs. Gabe Owen 2008 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's 1-1 in games and no score yet in this game. It's Busty's shot. What would you do?

P.S. Steve, congrats on the "bank pool" forum. Very subtle. Did you ever consider just hitting him over the head with a 2" x 4" and dragging him back into the cave:D .

Busty's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_15.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_14.Jpeg

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
Hard to tell, but the 4 does not look wired. If it were that would be my choice. Balls laying as they are I think I would try to pocket the 5, play shape on the 10, to play shape on the wired 14/8.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
senor said:
Hard to tell, but the 4 does not look wired. If it were that would be my choice. Balls laying as they are I think I would try to pocket the 5, play shape on the 10, to play shape on the wired 14/8.
If I was gambling this might also be my shot.

Senor's Shot.jpg

senor

Verified Member
No one has mentioned the bank on the 7, but I think it should be at least considered in this spot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
:eek: at their level long shots off the rail i think are better than 50/50 to make them

The over Gover 60 crowd maybe that ratio changes:eek:
in all seriousness maybe the over 60 crowd can tell us how they approach things now compared to when they were 25

senor

Verified Member
lll said:
:eek: at their level long shots off the rail i think are better than 50/50 to make them

The over Gover 60 crowd maybe that ratio changes:eek:
in all seriousness maybe the over 60 crowd can tell us how they approach things now compared to when they were 25

Larry, I would say that you have to expect a good player in stroke to make the 5. He is much better than 50/50 to make, especially since the shot looks free.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Much smarter.:p ;)
Rod.
PS, I also would shoot the free shot.

At 30, I would have gone for the throat, and shot the 5...But now, (in my late 50's)...the angle is perfect to one rail the 7, and freeze him on the middle of the end rail...Not to sure thats not the best option regardless...:cool:

PS..I would pay RBL a bottle of YJ, to shoot at the 5, he may not even hit it...:rolleyes: (he is more of a 'Dippy Dave' now, than a 'Busty')...:p

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I think a shot at the three ball and just slow rolling the c-ball up behind the stack would work.

Attachments

• Bustamante vs. Gabe Owen 2008 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg
    Bustamante vs. Gabe Owen 2008 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
At 30, I would have gone for the throat, and shot the 5...But now, (in my late 90's)...the angle is perfect to one rail the 7, and freeze him on the middle of the end rail...Not to sure thats not the best option regardless...:cool:

PS..I would pay RBL a bottle of YJ, to shoot at the 5, he may not even hit it...:rolleyes: (he is more of a 'Dippy Dave' now, than a 'Busty')...:p
Dear "Carcass de Ornithoid" Breath,

Gambling, which is what you're doing messing with the Gooasstt at DCC, I would probably shoot the 5. But, given my eyesight, or the conditions of tournament play I might just bank the 7. In neither case would I expect to beat you, at least not until I moved you over to the snooker table:p .

Cowboy "Duck Slayer" Dennis

Last edited:

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's 1-1 in games and no score yet in this game. It's Busty's shot. What would you do?

P.S. Steve, congrats on the "bank pool" forum. Very subtle. Did you ever consider just hitting him over the head with a 2" x 4" and dragging him back into the cave:D .

View attachment 2207

View attachment 2208

View attachment 2209

I'd bank that ball closest to whitey and draw back to the rail, making sure not to hit the stack. If it happens to go I would slow roll the 7 toward my hole and leave whitey on top of the pile.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
lll said:
AT HIS SKILL LEVEL
shoot the 5 and run out:eek:

If you shoot the 5 here and miss it, which even a top player may do, especidally coming off the rail, you blow your position. See earlier post for what I'd do.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
I know, that's why at the DCC, I'm gonna be leaving you down there all the time :D :p

Gho$ty

GHO$TY,

Where do you think you'll be shooting from ????..:cool: (might want to practice your "flat hand" bridge)...:eek:

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
ace said:
I think a shot at the three ball and just slow rolling the c-ball up behind the stack would work.
That's the shot I like. If pocketed, the shooter could pick up two more. If he misses, he's safe.

If I just couldn't pull the trigger on that shot, I'd bank the 8. I don't see much use shooting the 5. Maybe I'd shoot that shot on a bar box.:rolleyes:

Doc

senor

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
That's the shot I like. If pocketed, the shooter could pick up two more. If he misses, he's safe.

Doc

You hope he is safe. The most dangerous dog is the one trapped in the corner...you leave a good player snookered on the 3 but with a bank on the 10, he's a favorite to make the 10 from close range.