of the old guys shots he is setting himself up with hes rep to make some

serious 1 hole money..this day they played he won over 20k and to give

Frost a win for a mere 2k seems like a plan..what do you think..got to

say Frost loved it..Beware!!!..old dogs die hard..SA

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
The past 3 times they have matched up for the cash even up, Scott has taken it down and I highly doubt Efren is playing on the lemon vs Scott because it has no value. So Scott Frost beat him even, does that mean guys under Frost will jump and play Efren even for some serious coin?, not going to happen. Is he setting up Scott for a big money match?, not likely he is, he has invested say $7500-$10,000 in the past 3 match ups if you look at it that way and its unlikely him and Scott will play for more than $10,000 a piece even.

I for one would like to see a big money match racing to 21 in one pocket, that would be the ultimate. I think most people are looking for a reason as to why Efren is losing to Frost but Frost is the best one pocket player in the US and it seems now in the world.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Fast Lenny said:
I for one would like to see a big money match racing to 21 in one pocket, that would be the ultimate. I think most people are looking for a reason as to why Efren is losing to Frost but Frost is the best one pocket player in the US and it seems now in the world.
i just finished watching disc one.(cant find disc 2:( :mad: )
from what ive seen so far reyes is losing for the reasons most people lose.
more missed executions, scott getting out of efrens break and turning it around more and he is not in his prime anymore
scott RARELY has miss executed. no fear at shooting at his hole and making the shot even when a miss aould be big time trouble. its almost that the downside to a shot doesnt cross his mind.

lenny you have seen all the matches i assume and certainly know scotts game as well as anyone besides scott.
answer your own question please . why is efren losing??
i just reread your quote and i guess that is the answer.
the torch has been passed and scott is the best now.
anyones thoughts??

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
lll said:
more missed executions, scott getting out of efrens break and turning it around more and he is not in his prime anymore
scott RARELY has miss executed. no fear at shooting at his hole and making the shot even when a miss aould be big time trouble. its almost that the downside to a shot doesnt cross his mind.

lenny you have seen all the matches i assume and certainly know scotts game as well as anyone besides scott.
anyones thoughts??
I agree with both your and Lenny's assessment. There's no question that Frost is the premier one-pocket player of today. That doesn't mean that he can't be beat in a race to 3. But in a longer race, Frost is the odds-on favorite against anyone.

I'm not even sure Reyes is any longer in second place. I like Gabe's game. But, like Vita, he doesn't have the killer instinct of players like Frost, Reyes, or Parica. Ochoa doesn't have the innate talent that Frost has, and also he's still a little wet behind the ears. Parica is still lethal, although the effects of aging have taken their toll. Daulton can beat anybody, but I don't think he plays that much anymore.

If Scott stays away from the sauce, he'll stay on top for another 10-15 years. However, that's the one thing that can beat him if he's not careful.

Doc

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
lll said:

anyones thoughts??
I just got done right now doing some of the final work for the time line on Power One Pocket and saw this. I will say that many people will not give Scott his due and some have recently who did not before. Scott has won the last 3 times for the cash, yes the one was an exhibition but Efren was not smiling when he lost to Scott and the winner of the "exhibition" got $5,000.

The Accustats was gambling, both players backed and taking a shot at the cash, Scott bet all he had on the side. Just recently at Open, Scott won again for the cash. I know we all want to think Efren is the best and no one can touch him because he is God like but we have to accept reality he is not getting any younger. Some mentioned he is not making shots, well explain to me how he is winning 9 ball tournaments, you would think it would be one pocket instead.

I know Scott respects Efren and thinks Efren is the best and is always proud when he beats him. Efren admitted after the Accustats match that Scott is the best, what more do people really need. I think its Scott's time now, how long that time will last is uncertain, Efren had a great run and is still capable of beating anyone on any given day though. I guess my opinion on this is a bit biased but I hate people saying it was Efren playing on the lemon or it was an exhibition or he is just not himself, give Scott his due, he has earned it.

Efren is up on Scott lifetime I am sure by a very good amount as Scott chased him around playing him, getting beat with weight time and time again, this is how he became the best. I do hope a big money match comes up between the 2, a race to 21 for some serious coin, the rail would be huge! It would be one of the greatest one pocket matches ever. :)

mosconiac

Verified Member
I can understad why stroker asked the question, Efren shot several shots in the DCC match that were VERY odd..especially considering the amount of time he thought before pulling the trigger.

Each time he gave Scott a simple cross or straight bank..and one time he left Scott straight in along the side rail with no pressure on him (totally free shot with easy position for a bank on a ball near Efren's side pocket). Scott made all of them.

Efren may not be #1 now...but that stroke...my god that stroke is so flowing & beautiful. The motion is hypnotic to me.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
mosconiac said:
I can understad why stroker asked the question, Efren shot several shots in the DCC match that were VERY odd..especially considering the amount of time he thought before pulling the trigger.

Each time he gave Scott a simple cross or straight bank..and one time he left Scott straight in along the side rail with no pressure on him (totally free shot with easy position for a bank on a ball near Efren's side pocket). Scott made all of them.

Efren may not be #1 now...but that stroke...my god that stroke is so flowing & beautiful. The motion is hypnotic to me.
Efren plays offensive one pocket. And so do all the other players. Efern has the best exicution out off all the players I have seen. His exicoution is above exelence. And tat is worth at least a ball or two too any top player. He does not play one pocket correctly and mistake free. His style is great for him because off his great execoution and f any one else would play his style and shoots they would look like a bum. His controle is way above the best players. And his style is great for him because off his exceptional ability. Witch other player dont have. Even playing nine ball tats what made him win. Why do you think he beat all those nine ball player with just a avarage brack. It was his control and execoution that is way above everyone. He can run 8 and out on any given shoot. Nobody else can do that. And the shots he shoots playing one pocket are different and very aggesive shoots. And if his exicoution is good for the day he will win easy and beat everyone. The shots he shoots are good shots for him and he knowes what he is doing. Those are ver powerfull and aggesive shots. He has his own unique style. And it works for him. But if you can not exicute like he can then those shots for you are the wrong shots. And the biggest mistake I seen him make is when he is winning the game 6 to 0 he does not lock up the game he gives the other good player a chance to win. And he does that with all players. And thats because he shoots to win the game no matter what te score is. And its a very bad choice even for a great player like him,. I have seen a lot off his games know and I am sure that he shoots at all the sots no matter wat the score is. And he does not play the score. If he did nobody nobodt could beat him. Because off his great ability and control off the cue ball. Her is the bottom line with cnampions. If one player shoots better and has better control and playes better position and misses less ball how can the other player win. Unless he has a flaw in his game and shoots poor percentage shots. And makes bad choices on his shot selections. One more little information. If rwo player go dow twords thr end off the game and the position off te balls is equal. And the both need 3 out off 5 balls who would you take Scott Gab Cliff or any top player. Or Eferen. If Efern takes the game down twords the end off thr game he is a good favorite. Not because off his mouving but because he has better control off the shots and he has better execution. And in the end game it will show up more then during the game. Like they useto say who has te best off it playing one and stop. Well the shooter has a good edge. And a player like Eferen would even have a bigger edge because off his excelent execoution. And his exicoution will put you in trouble even if he chooses a lower percentage shot. Thier are many great players. Bugs Ronnie Eddie Taylor Harold Worst Willy Mosconie Ralp Greenleaf Siegal Mizrack Shane Van Boweing Appeton Parica Whimpy Buddy Hall. But none off thes players had the control and execoution ability or his ececoution percentage that I see Eferen has. He is on top off everyone in a class by himself. And nobodys around that can douplicate his control and exicoution. He is number one in a class by himself. He might not be the best or smardest player. But he is in the execoution and control department. Even all the other great player like Gustamantie and Mikon Imonnon Thoustan Homeand and all the other top player. Thier are some off the phillopinos that may shoot as good as Eferen or a little better but they dont have the control that Eferen has and he can do things with the cue ball and objecy balls that thry cant do. Efern is a very gifted player maybe more gifted then any player who ever played. And Efern will go into stupers. He may miss and easy shot or make a poor selection. And he has a tell he will give a big smile and scratch his head like what happend. Just watch him play you will see it because he will do it again. But e is a champion and he did a lot for pool and the audience. And pool needs to give him somthing back. And they need to show him how much he is appriciated. And tell him thanks and what a pleasure it has been to watch him play. And gave everyone thrilles and excitment. Showe him and tell him how much he is appriciated. And thank him for all the things he has done for pool. Thier is only one way to discribe Efren a real campion with abilty above everyone. I respect Eferen and I want to thank him for all the great things he as done for pool. And I am proud to say that I am in the Hall Off Fame with him. And his pesonality and attitude is Awsome. You are all very lucky to have seen a great player with all that talent. And he desirves all the praise and Glory he gets. He has made te biggest mark in POOL off any player.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Fast Lenny said:
I just got done right now doing some of the final work for the time line on Power One Pocket and saw this. I will say that many people will not give Scott his due and some have recently who did not before. Scott has won the last 3 times for the cash, yes the one was an exhibition but Efren was not smiling when he lost to Scott and the winner of the "exhibition" got $5,000.

The Accustats was gambling, both players backed and taking a shot at the cash, Scott bet all he had on the side. Just recently at Open, Scott won again for the cash. I know we all want to think Efren is the best and no one can touch him because he is God like but we have to accept reality he is not getting any younger. Some mentioned he is not making shots, well explain to me how he is winning 9 ball tournaments, you would think it would be one pocket instead.

I know Scott respects Efren and thinks Efren is the best and is always proud when he beats him. Efren admitted after the Accustats match that Scott is the best, what more do people really need. I think its Scott's time now, how long that time will last is uncertain, Efren had a great run and is still capable of beating anyone on any given day though. I guess my opinion on this is a bit biased but I hate people saying it was Efren playing on the lemon or it was an exhibition or he is just not himself, give Scott his due, he has earned it.

Efren is up on Scott lifetime I am sure by a very good amount as Scott chased him around playing him, getting beat with weight time and time again, this is how he became the best. I do hope a big money match comes up between the 2, a race to 21 for some serious coin, the rail would be huge! It would be one of the greatest one pocket matches ever. :)

I think Scott is the best player day in and day out today, but I doubt anyone will ever see again the things Efren has done on a pool table.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Good to see somebody back posting again...Also, noticed I need to re-stock on Excedrin...again.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Good to see somebody back posting again...Also, noticed I need to re-stock on Excedrin...again.
You will be ok thier is no shortage off Yukon Jack. Anybody that drinks has a good imagination. And the ones that dont drink are afraid they might like it. Some off the greatest wrighters and poets drank every day. Drinking opens up your mind from the every day routean and the reality off life. Most people do te same thing every day off thier life and never try nothing different and the wont take risks and cances. But thats why we are her to try different things and its all temparary. We control our lifes but we can not control what happines to us and when. Just like luck nobody knowes when it will show up weather its good luck or bad luck. We are all her together. but nobody realy knowes why we are her. And all the things we own realy dont belong to us. We just get to use them. And I learned that the strongest power in the world is not love or hate but HOPE.And tats what dreams are made from. Without hope thier is nothing. SJD. Take a drink for me drink it left handed and fill a glass up with 4 shots and drink it all down. And let me know how it felt. Thier are lots off things a person can do in thier life. Just sometimes thier isnt enough time to do them all. I give you credit you do what you want and tats a good sign. We are her to make ourseld happy its our life and for us to live it the way we want too. Not how other people wamnt us to live and how to be. Thier are too many followers in the world already thats why thier are not tpo many changes. And beleave me people are afraid off changes. And life is a learning experience. And if you feel good about youself then you will not be disapointed no matter what happines. Live a long and exciting life.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
blackeee said:
I think Scott is the best player day in and day out today, but I doubt anyone will ever see again the things Efren has done on a pool table.
Her is how I see it Efren is on his way down and Scott is on his way up. And Scott can only get better were Eferen can only get worse. But he still has the ability to win. Scott it the best and strongest power shooter out thier. And beleave me as far as his game goes locking up te lead he does that better then the other players. And he realy has some power shots and he has lots off heart and e loves to play and wion. And one off his strogest suits id giving up big waite he handals it real good. And when he played te exabition match with Eferine he was going to get a ball and I told him not to take the ball spot. You want the title and you cant get that by getting spooted. Because they will not give you the credit you desirve and they will say you won because he spotted you. The next day he went up too Greg Sullivan and told him he does not want a spot from Eferen and he is going to play him even. And Greg asked him what happened. And Scott said I dont want a spot I want too play him even. And after Scott one I told him you are now the champ. And you did the wright thing playing him even. Because if he would have spotted him e would still not have been number one. And I told him tat he can win and doesnt need the spot. And I said dont worry about other people because every one knowes who you are and how good you play. And if you are number one more people will callange you and being number one you may get indorsemets and a lot off good things can happen. And its time for you to raise up and get the title. And that is whst he did. And after hr won I could see in his face the attitude off being nuber one and taking the title away from the champ. And Scott felte great. And the same great feeling showed up when he won the one pocket campionchip. I bet on Scott but te other player should have won but Scott hung in thier and played his heart out. And the funny thing that happened when his opponent was shooting at his pocket with two balls on the table I told Dock Herbert I hope he shoots that shot and Dock herbert said WHY. I told him its a bad sot and if he shoots that shot the odds are very strong that he will make Scotts game ball. And thats exacly wat happened. And Scott couldnt beleave it and droped too his knees. And I told Scott you deserved to win you played your ass off and never gave up. And thats whar a champion does. He comes from behind with all the odds against him. One rhing you learn in life thier will come a day when a new champion will become number one. And thats the circle off life. And all off Scotts cookiness and attitude is what makes him Scott Frost and number one. And you can learn a lote watching him play. He has a great one pocket imagination. I wis him all the best and a long and exciting life. And I hope people appriciate how great he realy is and all the things he can do playing one pocket. And if e had that talent in another game or sport he would be very rich. Instead ove waithing for tommarow and see what tommarow brings.

strokerace

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:

Hey Lenny..i give Scott his due..he made some amazing consistant shots..
he has great ability..and plays 1 hole like i do..agressive..i meant not to take
away from him..but rather the choices Reyes made..and his cue ball control..
he might be on the lemon with his performance..there are tons of folks who
would swim a river of shit just to play him..and if they thought they had a
chance to win..here comes the cheeze for Reyes..just to say you matched
up even and beat him would be a great praise for ones self..SA

strokerace

Verified Member
mosconiac said:

Hey..thats spot on..just what i saw..doesn't jive at all does it..free shots
with no penalities..just didn't look right..SA

strokerace

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You will be ok thier is no shortage off Yukon Jack. Anybody that drinks has a good imagination. And the ones that dont drink are afraid they might like it. Some off the greatest wrighters and poets drank every day. Drinking opens up your mind from the every day routean and the reality off life. Most people do te same thing every day off thier life and never try nothing different and the wont take risks and cances. But thats why we are her to try different things and its all temparary. We control our lifes but we can not control what happines to us and when. Just like luck nobody knowes when it will show up weather its good luck or bad luck. We are all her together. but nobody realy knowes why we are her. And all the things we own realy dont belong to us. We just get to use them. And I learned that the strongest power in the world is not love or hate but HOPE.And tats what dreams are made from. Without hope thier is nothing. SJD. Take a drink for me drink it left handed and fill a glass up with 4 shots and drink it all down. And let me know how it felt. Thier are lots off things a person can do in thier life. Just sometimes thier isnt enough time to do them all. I give you credit you do what you want and tats a good sign. We are her to make ourseld happy its our life and for us to live it the way we want too. Not how other people wamnt us to live and how to be. Thier are too many followers in the world already thats why thier are not tpo many changes. And beleave me people are afraid off changes. And life is a learning experience. And if you feel good about youself then you will not be disapointed no matter what happines. Live a long and exciting life.
Artie..i love your posts!!!!...also would love to play some too...on the cuff..SA

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
strokerace said:
Hey..thats spot on..just what i saw..doesn't jive at all does it..free shots
with no penalities..just didn't look right..SA

I haven't seem him much. What I saw he always (IMO) :) made poor shot selections. He excuted so well it didn't seem to matter.
Rod.

Deeman

Verified Member
androd said:
I haven't seem him much. What I saw he always (IMO) :) made poor shot selections. He excuted so well it didn't seem to matter.
Rod.

Rod,

Until you said that, I was thinking it but afraid all the Efren folks might jump me for saying it. :) He has always had such a powerful shot and position game it did not matter. Now that he misses on occasion and does not always get remarkable shape, the strategy mistakes show up more. We used to say, "Why did he shot it that way?" but as long as he won, how could you question him?

Thank God, if he had never made any mistakes, back in the day, no one would have ever bothered playing him. :)

DeeMan
If you are coming to DCC, I owe another few drinks to you as well. If everyone shows up, I'll be broke before the tournament starts. :)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
Rod.
This is exactly right. He always overcame poor or wrong shot selection because of his remarkable cueball control and ball-pocketing abilities. Now age is taking some things away, perhaps eyesight or nerve. Now his knowledge, or lack of it, is showing up.

P.S. He's still the greatest ever:eek: .

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Artie Bodendorfer said:

Thanks Artie, I took your advice, and had a drink for you...Now I feel great. But, then, I always do...It's Freddy I'm worried about completely losing touch with reality...;)...Maybe we can bring him out of the doldrums at the DCC..He does need major counselling...:eek:...Are you going this year ? Hope to finally meet you.

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Thanks Artie, I took your advice, and had a drink for you...Now I feel great. But, then, I always do...It's Freddy I'm worried about completely losing touch with reality...;)...Maybe we can bring him out of the doldrums at the DCC..He does need major counselling...:eek:...Are you going this year ???
Yes I will be thier unless something happines. You and Freddy should straighten out your differences and you will both feel better and the feeling will be great. And you are both smart inttelegent men. And you both have gone through a lot off experences. And for both off you to straighten out your differences. Will show people that by talking things can be straightened out. Or you booth can keep doing the same thing and nothing will change. And you both love pool way above 90% off the people. And who knowes you two might become the best off friends. And working together will accomplish more. And you are both role models for pool. And you will make the site stronger too. It doesnt matter who is wright or wrong or who started it. You are both two big countributers to the dite. By working together you make the site stronger not weeker. And te bottom line is a 100 years from know nobody will care about what we did. It is only important to us. Bot off you need to make this happen because wat you did is give your power away. And the only way you can get your power back is to let go off the conflicte. And I know if this happines every one on the site will respect both off you even more. Becuse you did the right thing . OR you can ignore it and nthing gets accoplished. And all the Yukon Jack in te world wont change anything. ONly you two can change it and make it wright. And dont worry about who starts the conversation its about changing and working out your differences. If you dont want to do it then do it for pool and te love off the game. It feels better to be happy and cheerfull. Then to be angry and misrable. You are both her because off pool. Dont take away from pool but see what you can give and help the game you love. And I know both off yous have enough heart to do this . Its been going on long enough its rime to change and let go off the past. Make yourselfs feel good not misrable. And talk about the good times and the exciting times. I know you both have them. And look at each other as friends and Worriers. Instead off anger and conflicte. And when you both come to DC isant it better to be glad to see each other then to be angry and mad to see each other. You both have a lot too give and working together you can even give more. Every thing does not have to be a war or a battle. You are both part off my life and time on earth. You two could help soo much but you choose the other direction. Why did the wright road take the wrong turn. WE are all part off the world . Lets work together and make it stronger not weaker. I have taken my time to wright this hopeing that it will help. Live in peace and harmoney.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
androd said:
Rod.

I agree, he would make some low percentage stuff for mortal man but as of late he misses some of these "hangers" and Scott makes him pay. I think Efren was beat many times if players would play their game but most fall for the Efren factor and their nuts shrivel up and that arm tightens up, they do not get out when they are supposed to.