Just 1 Rack of One Pocket w/ Scott & Cliff

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Just took a rack from the 8 hours I recorded, might turn it into a DVD if there is some interest, maybe a "best of" around 2 hours or so long. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FndyfzMzeo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FndyfzMzeo[/ame]

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks for posting the clip, Lenny. This game illustrates Cliff's near total lackluster performance in Mobile. I sat through quite a bit of the contest, and saw that Cliff could never snap out of it. Don't misunderstand me. Cliff can't beat Scott playing even. I doubt if he'd have much of a chance even with 10-8. He had several flashes of brilliance, but Cliff was definitely a little out of it that day.

I was shocked that Bear put him in the box playing even against Frost in the first place. When Cliff lost, Bear barred him from the room forever! He later calmed down and rescinded the ban. But it was Bear's poorly thought out bet that caused the result.

Doc

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
gulfportdoc said:
Thanks for posting the clip, Lenny. This game illustrates Cliff's near total lackluster performance in Mobile. I sat through quite a bit of the contest, and saw that Cliff could never snap out of it. Don't misunderstand me. Cliff can't beat Scott playing even. I doubt if he'd have much of a chance even with 10-8. He had several flashes of brilliance, but Cliff was definitely a little out of it that day.

I was shocked that Bear put him in the box playing even against Frost in the first place. When Cliff lost, Bear barred him from the room forever! He later calmed down and rescinded the ban. But it was Bear's poorly thought out bet that caused the result.

Doc
I agree, Cliff just did not play his game, he had moments in the match where he looked okay but they were very few. I could not believe Bear kicked him out and how poorly he treated us after it was over. He made the bet and Cliff took a shot at the cash knowing he probably was an underdog.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

What was the scenario that led up to the match happening?

1. Cliff wanted some action, and convinced Bear that he could win at the game and then Bear said "allright.. if you think you can win".. I'll back you

2. Bear thought Cliff could win at the game and approached Cliff, they agreed on what spot was needed, and he said "sure, I'l beat him at that"

in other words.. was it all Bear coming up with the game, or was it Cliff convincing Bear to back him so he could play someone.

If I remember right, there was talk about some funny business maybe going on, but that happens all the time when you have some blemishes in your past.

Did Bear feel because Cliff didn't play up to his expectation, that maybe some funny business was happening? Is that why he kicked him out?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
CaliRed said:

1. Cliff wanted some action, and convinced Bear that he could win at the game and then Bear said "allright.. if you think you can win".. I'll back you

2. Bear thought Cliff could win at the game and approached Cliff, they agreed on what spot was needed, and he said "sure, I'l beat him at that"

in other words.. was it all Bear coming up with the game, or was it Cliff convincing Bear to back him so he could play someone.

If I remember right, there was talk about some funny business maybe going on, but that happens all the time when you have some blemishes in your past.

Did Bear feel because Cliff didn't play up to his expectation, that maybe some funny business was happening? Is that why he kicked him out?
Red, if that's really the way Bear thought then Bear should of never staked him. I believe that before you make an investment you should factor in all the possible outcomes, once you have done that and are happy enough to go forward and happen to fail, you have no one to blame but yourself. Bears a big boy, he knew what he was getting, or at least he should have. I am not implying anything that should be mistaken as hurtful, just tellin it like it is. Do the math before you invest.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the secret to beating scott

the secret to beating scott

:rolleyes:
if you listen closely after scott breaks you can hear him whistle a portion of
"im popeye the sailor man"
so the secret to beating scot is to hide all the spinach and you will win:D :eek:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
lll said:
:rolleyes:
if you listen closely after scott breaks you can hear him whistle a portion of
"im popeye the sailor man"
so the secret to beating scot is to hide all the spinach and you will win:D :eek:

That's what Dippy the Dipster tried to do... hide the spinach:D

Skin

Verified Member
Frost had that game won after Joyner's first inning when Joyner did not get the cb cinched up behind the 5. Joyner made it even worse for himself by shooting the foul instead of trying to get all those balls out of Frost's hole and leaving Frost looking out of his hole. Too lopsided.

How about a video of Joyner winning a game? Just to be fair, you know. He had a good run at being on top of the world during his day, too. Everybody gets old and tired if they are lucky enough to live long enough.

Skin

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Skin said:
Frost had that game won after Joyner's first inning when Joyner did not get the cb cinched up behind the 5. Joyner made it even worse for himself by shooting the foul instead of trying to get all those balls out of Frost's hole and leaving Frost looking out of his hole. Too lopsided.

How about a video of Joyner winning a game? Just to be fair, you know. He had a good run at being on top of the world during his day, too. Everybody gets old and tired if they are lucky enough to live long enough.

Skin

I will put up another rack or 2 and get a good one of Cliff. I know people thought because Cliff making errors and not playing well that something funny was going on. I assure you that is not the case as I was with Scott and looking for online bets on the match but people wanted close to 2 to 1 on the money. I could have gotten about $2000 in side bets online so if Scott knew it was a lock we would have took the bets but it was Scott's first time spotting Cliff so it was not going to happen, I think I offered 7/5 or something but would not give 8/5. :cool:

Skin

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
I will put up another rack or 2 and get a good one of Cliff. I know people thought because Cliff making errors and not playing well that something funny was going on. I assure you that is not the case as I was with Scott and looking for online bets on the match but people wanted close to 2 to 1 on the money. I could have gotten about $2000 in side bets online so if Scott knew it was a lock we would have took the bets but it was Scott's first time spotting Cliff so it was not going to happen, I think I offered 7/5 or something but would not give 8/5. :cool:

I don't think that kind of stuff but I never (and will not) bet on anybody but myself so I have the luxury of taking things at face value.

Maybe you know, Lenny, whether Frost ever played Gabe a money match. If you do, how did it turn out? I think Gabe's style would be the best challenge for Frost, even more than Efren's and Sylver's.

Skin

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Skin said:
I don't think that kind of stuff but I never (and will not) bet on anybody but myself so I have the luxury of taking things at face value.

Maybe you know, Lenny, whether Frost ever played Gabe a money match. If you do, how did it turn out? I think Gabe's style would be the best challenge for Frost, even more than Efren's and Sylver's.

Skin

They are friends so I do not think they have played for anything in a long time. I know the exhibition they did at Galveston had people talking but both players were tired after playing 9 ball all day long so it was not the best performance on the gaff table they were on. I would like to see both play too and even though I think Scott will win, it would still be fun to watch. I would really like to see a long match between him and Sylver. :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
CaliRed said:

Red, I really don't know what the lead-in was that set up the contest. Perhaps Gbru knows. My best guess is that Bear wanted to put someone in the box, and just assumed he had a winner with Cliff. He's seen Cliff play for years, and Cliff is comfortable in Mobile. After all, Cliff was the best for several years until Efren perfected his winning 1P methods. I imagine he hadn't seen Frost play much, and simply underestimated Frost's mastery of the game.

I'm sure it didn't help when Cliff played a little below his current game, but it's hard to imagine that Bear may have felt that Cliff dumped. Cliff is no choir boy, and he's undoubtedly done business on occasion. But in this case I'll guess that Bear just realized he made a bad match-up, got upset, and took it out on Cliff. No one was more surprised than Cliff. All that has blown over, and I'm sure Cliff has been back to Bear's room several times since.

Doc

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
gulfportdoc said:
Red, I really don't know what the lead-in was that set up the contest. Perhaps Gbru knows. My best guess is that Bear wanted to put someone in the box, and just assumed he had a winner with Cliff. He's seen Cliff play for years, and Cliff is comfortable in Mobile. After all, Cliff was the best for several years until Efren perfected his winning 1P methods. I imagine he hadn't seen Frost play much, and simply underestimated Frost's mastery of the game.

I'm sure it didn't help when Cliff played a little below his current game, but it's hard to imagine that Bear may have felt that Cliff dumped. Cliff is no choir boy, and he's undoubtedly done business on occasion. But in this case I'll guess that Bear just realized he made a bad match-up, got upset, and took it out on Cliff. No one was more surprised than Cliff. All that has blown over, and I'm sure Cliff has been back to Bear's room several times since.

Doc

Thanks Doc... Call me weird, but I like to know the lead in to matches, back stories and all that stuff... makes the match more enjoyable knowing what's all riding on it or behind it.

Can you imagine not ever visiting this site and one day you walked up and saw SJD and Freddy getting ready to break the balls in a race to 5 for 10k? Imagine everything you would be missing that would make the match that much more enjoyable to sweat.:D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
CaliRed said:
Thanks Doc... Call me weird, but I like to know the lead in to matches, back stories and all that stuff... makes the match more enjoyable knowing what's all riding on it or behind it.

Can you imagine not ever visiting this site and one day you walked up and saw SJD and Freddy getting ready to break the balls in a race to 5 for 10k? Imagine everything you would be missing that would make the match that much more enjoyable to sweat.:D
Oh, yeah. The scuttlebutt is half the deal...;)

BTW, I sent you a PM about posting from Greenshot.

Doc