Canadian Ghost - Version #7

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Same players. Next game

Scenario:
Nick B 11 vs "Mr. X" 6 (He didn't want to be mentioned) - Mr. X now gets all the breaks
$100 (bumped)
/game. I'm up 6 games

Score NB 4 (Spotted Owed Ball....now running to 10) - Mr. X 4
My pocket bottom left. It's my shot - WWYD? Note I'm almost plastered to sidewall of pocket and the best I can do is kick maybe half a diamond below side pocket. Slick conditions and up and backs are virtually cut off by 3 ball.

Bottom View:
1669329197620.png

Top View:
1669329260047.png

Side 1 View:
1669329349525.png

Side 2:
1669329436882.png

Bonus Vuews:
1669329492166.png

1669329531064.png

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The obvious problem here is that it's difficult to put whitey in a position on the table to where he can't make that wired 4-8 combo. A guy could shoot the 2-railer on the 3, hoping to make the 7, but he'd have to make it.

I'd likely kick 4 rails with left spin past the 3ball around the table to try to come into the 4-8 from behind. You'll have something better next inning.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm shooting the 2-railer on the 3 toward the 7, and following with Jojo to the short rail. I'm conceding the 8 ball, but trying to deny him position. If I make the 7 ball I can breathe a lot easier.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i cant believe you guys would pass up this shot in this situation..... 😂 :eek:
p.s. shoot the 4 railer.......be carefull not to hit the 3 on the slick cloth
nickb wwyd.png

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
looks a bit lit you can shoot the three ball and stop and use balls on the spot to hide the combo and hope the three blocks the take out on the 7

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
looks a bit lit you can shoot the three ball and stop and use balls on the spot to hide the combo and hope the three blocks the take out on the 7
Thought about it but was worried that I would give up the kick carom off the bottom of the 12 or worse put me in more trouble behind the 7. My thinking was that I needed to make a positive play on my hole or lose.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Just hiding the combo isn't good enough. You have to hide the 12 ball also.

Good puzzle, Nick - thanks. Now I don't really miss that other guy. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: lll

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
i cant believe you guys would pass up this shot in this situation..... 😂 :eek:
p.s. shoot the 4 railer.......be carefull not to hit the 3 on the slick cloth
View attachment 439719
Larry, you are really thinking out of the box! I like it! Hands down the best shot selection!
Shooting into opposite jaw of the side pocket just propels the cb just as you have drawn it. I made the shot on the 2nd try. It took 5 tries on the 4 rail kick, and 3 tries on the masse'.
I am not as good on the 4 rail kick from that position as OP players. And on masse' I am not up to speed on those either, but I do not think most OP players are.
thanks, Whitey

unoperro

Verified Member
3 rail that 3 almost straight on with high pop on your cueball . Headrail-longrail past the side- end rail and hit the 8. Moves the 4 to your side and leaves whitey somewhat safe. 3 and 8 head towards the spotted balls.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Larry, you are really thinking out of the box! I like it! Hands down the best shot selection!
Shooting into opposite jaw of the side pocket just propels the cb just as you have drawn it. I made the shot on the 2nd try. It took 5 tries on the 4 rail kick, and 3 tries on the masse'.
I am not as good on the 4 rail kick from that position as OP players. And on masse' I am not up to speed on those either, but I do not think most OP players are.
thanks, Whitey
Please don't encourage Larry 😂🤣

• Haha