HOPE ALL OUR FLORIDA MEMBERS ARE SAFE

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
hurricane Ian is going to have 12 foot surges and at least 150 plus mile an hour wind
could be a category 5 (157 plus mph )which is the highest in the scale
wish everyone affected that they’re safe and hopefully not too much damage from the storm to their homes
I live in Vero beach which being on the East Coast should not get the worst of it although they still are expecting tropical storms

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
hurricane ian is going to have 12 foot surges and at least 150 plus mile an hour wind
could be a category 5 (157 plus mph )which is the highest in the scale
wish everyone affected that they’re safe and hopefully not too much damage from the storm to their homes
I live in Vero beach which being on the East Coast should not get the worst of it although they still are expecting tropical storms
Thank gawd there is no global warming. A hurricane with velocity of category 3 could wreck havock with the low lying Florida wastelands. Oh Cat 5? Batten down the hatches matey and get in some practice time. Stay safe. Good thing it is on the other coast.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Thank gawd there is no global warming. A hurricane with velocity of category 3 could wreck havock with the low lying Florida wastelands. Oh Cat 5? Batten down the hatches matey and get in some practice time. Stay safe. Good thing it is on the other coast.
Yep. Ever since the ice age went bye bye it’s been getting hot as hell

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Thanks Larry! This thing took a little RH turn away from Tampa/St. Pete. It's going directly in a straight line from Ft. Meyers thru Orlando to Daytona Beach and to Jacksonville.
Puts me closer to the edge of it
The bill above is vapros although i wish the same for you
And all the members

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
We live on the Englewood and Port Charlotte border.

It was a fuggin disaster and that’s putting it lightly.

We lost everything. The house is a total loss and who knows how bad we’ll get screwed after the contractor and lawyer get done with what we get from the insurance company.

Had a brand new up to code roof put on a year ago and even added upgrades to it.

It pretty much held up but the wind blew out almost everyone’s soffits and then created depressurization and sucked down the ceilings in houses.

That’s what happened with us and when that happens the rain get sucked up in that vacuum and gets in the house even if windows don’t get broke.

We left and went to North Carolina. The neighbors across the street stayed 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ and said they saw my minivan that was in the carport get lifted off the ground a few times and slammed back down. There we big pieces of plywood and metal panels from who knows when under my tires. 😱 Which shows the force of the winds. They think we had a tornado go down the street but who knows. The winds for 8 hours devastated all of us.

Even as bad as it is for us…too many have it even worse.

We’ve already helped a few young families in the neighborhood with kids that lost everything. It’s heartbreaking.

I’m praying for everyone. 😥

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL

We lost everything. The house is a total loss and who knows how bad we’ll get screwed after the contractor and lawyer get done with what we get from the insurance company.

Had a brand new up to code roof put on a year ago and even added upgrades to it.

It pretty much held up but the wind blew out almost everyone’s soffits and then created depressurization and sucked down the ceilings in houses.

That’s what happened with us and when that happens the rain get sucked up in that vacuum and gets in the house even if windows don’t get broke.

We left and went to North Carolina. The neighbors across the street stayed 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ and said they saw my minivan that was in the carport get lifted off the ground a few times and slammed back down. There we big pieces of plywood and metal panels from who knows when under my tires. 😱 Which shows the force of the winds. They think we had a tornado go down the street but who knows. The winds for 8 hours devastated all of us.

We’ve already helped a few young families in the neighborhood with kids that lost everything. It’s heartbreaking.

Hey Steve, sorry for the horrific situation for You and family and ALL in the hardest hit areas!

We were Extremely lucky in Cocoa Beach to dodge the bullet.

OldSchool

Verified Member

🙏 🙏 🙏

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

steve sorry to hear all you are and will be going through
140-160 mph winds will destroy most everything in its path
i was close enough to the eye for andrew in miami and saw it first hand

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Steve, I’m sorry to hear that and hoping for a good recovery for you and all the communities effected.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Sorry Steve. It was tough watching it from afar, must be horrible to have been in its path.

Do you still have our house key? Lol, but not really laughing. Wishing you and your family the best. 😢