Tony / Shane

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Tony v. Shane: Who do you like? 4.25" worn in cloth. Site has not been announced. Race to 24-27 over 3 days. 50K minimum each side.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
One thing about Tony. All his matches are for big bucks. I don't know who I would take here until more details are announced.. but Shane seems to be on a mission this year.

beltsander bill

Verified Member
By my count, and I could be wrong, Shane put up 13ea. 8-0s and 3ea 8-1s against Chip. Even if he had some opening, that's still strong.

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
Oh snap! This is going to be amazing! I thought Shane said he was totally booked up though? :LOL:
I'll be rooting for the big man since he's probably the underdog here, but I wouldn't bet much on it.
I'm predicting a close match, with SVB taking the win by just a few games.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It's hard to not like those elite shooters. SVB strikes the ball better than anybody on the planet. Imagine how good he would be if he actually liked One Pocket. 😳 He'd be unbeatable.
… I’m not sure about that. There is still the creative shot selection aspect of the game, which I still believe favors players (who can execute well) who have the mindset to sort through all those strange shot opportunities that are within the game of One Pocket, but not necessarily obvious. WWYD decision making can still be a difference maker — at any level of play 🤔

BRLongArm

Verified Member
It's hard to not like those elite shooters. SVB strikes the ball better than anybody on the planet. Imagine how good he would be if he actually liked One Pocket. 😳 He'd be unbeatable.
When you watch Tony in the booth and you listen to his analysis, you get the full picture of the one pocket genius he is. There is execution, and then there's conceptualization of the shot. Tony is peerless at finding a shot nobody else will shoot. Nobody can execute like SVB, but you can't execute it if you don't see it. Guys like Tony and to a lesser extent Alex and of course Danny Smith see the shot when it is not obvious.

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
This will be a good one to sweat. There's a big rivalry between these two.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Looks like it's coming to my Neighborhood...well at least my half of the planet. Anyone else planning on coming to Grif's for this?

AtLarge

By my count, and I could be wrong, Shane put up 13ea. 8-0s and 3ea 8-1s against Chip. Even if he had some opening, that's still strong.
Distribution of the game scores for SVB's 24-10 win against Compton. First column of counts is for games won by SVB, 2nd column for games won by Compton:

8-(-1) -- 5, 3​
8-0 -- 9, 4​
8-1 -- 1, 1​
8-2 -- 2, 0​
8-3 -- 2, 0​
8-4 -- 1, 1​
8-5 -- 0, 1​
8-6 -- 2, 0​
8-7 -- 2, 0​
Totals -- 24, 10​

Last edited: