Official Entry Thread for 2022 Member's Tourney @ Q-Masters

FreeMoney

Verified Member
There are also the ongoing questions of eligibility for playing in our MOT's. There have been some recommendations to tighten eligibility requirements, at the same time our numbers have not been trending particularly strong. That combination could be bringing a chilling effect to our attendance. We also have a Facebook group that is pretty active with over 4000 members -- many of which you will recognize from here posting/commenting there if you visit there. So there are different ways to participate in One Pocket conversations -- especially trending for younger people. The day is coming, if it is not here already, that we need to look at our Facebook group participation in conjunction with participation here in the forums for our eligibility requirements for MOT's.
I agree. I have talked to older players who are members but are thrown off by "active" in requirements (hell they are not very active in most regards). As far as new players/ members; I think we should allow a reasonable timeframe to get qualified on the site once the tourney is announced. Younger players would certainly appreciate another option for "active' other than the chat forum.

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
We need a name so we can google the hell out of it & figure a spot beforehand LOL !! So far: Raymond is enough for me to know I need a spot !
I am all for someone just getting in the grease without knowing who they are playing to improve their game, test their game, or hell just got enough money to throw away at someone you know is probably better than you, but I have already lived those 1st 2 options, and aint never had enough money to for any of those options. I will try and get the game as close to fair before I play for anything over $20 a game.

Tnusbaum

Verified Member
I am all for someone just getting in the grease without knowing who they are playing to improve their game, test their game, or hell just got enough money to throw away at someone you know is probably better than you, but I have already lived those 1st 2 options, and aint never had enough money to for any of those options. I will try and get the game as close to fair before I play for anything over $20 a game.
He is 60 years old and doesn't use the computer very well lol, so it would be tough to google him. He just likes to matchup and play 20-30 a game, just as most old school poolroom players do. He will adjust and make the game fair if need-be, but is really looking forward to having a good time

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Unfortunately, I have a family trip the same weekend and will not be able to make it this year.
Please drink many beers for me.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Wasn't talking about the smart cookies -- just the guys who slept it, which I suspect are more than a few.

I actually have a flight, hotel, and car booked -- Gail made me do it a long time ago, as she does for any tournament I happen to mention at the dinner table. Months ago she said, "I don't want you crying at the last moment and saying you want to go and everything is way more expensive."

: -)

But frankly, with such a poor turn out, I'll find something else to do.

Lou Figueroa
da wife
is a smart
cookie
I don't see your name on the list. I hope you're attending.

RabbiHippie

Verified Member
Am I right in seeing 15 total players signed up? 12 paid, three unpaid. Any chance the event will be cancelled?

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
He is 60 years old and doesn't use the computer very well lol, so it would be tough to google him. He just likes to matchup and play 20-30 a game, just as most old school poolroom players do. He will adjust and make the game fair if need-be, but is really looking forward to having a good time
that sounds great, he sounds like an older version of me, see you guys there

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I don't see your name on the list. I hope you're attending.

No, I don’t plan on attending.

I made the arrangements, all of which I can cancel without penalty, in case it turned into some kind of must attend event. But somewhat obviously that’s not the way it went so I shall save my “send a boy to camp” funds for a future rndeavor.

Lou Figueroa

FreeMoney

Verified Member
We do have several local players that would like to jump in. Tyrone Davis (a new member) would like to play & is ready to sign up.

squeezeplay

Verified Member
We never know what our lives deal us day to day. Is it possible to enter at the tournament site? I don't know if I qualify but I would love to spectate (and match up for cheap), if I can't enter. I'm in Maryland...not too far away.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
If it turns out to be 16 total, that may be the perfect time to try out a round robin format.? Maybe 4 groups of 4 with the top finishers going to a finals round robin???

Or, the top 2 making a single elim final round of 8?

I'm not going so just offering a suggestion. A lot of play for all.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I will be there to play in tournament and play nearly anyone. No round robin, just because. We will have better plans on dates in future.

Lou, inot attending, hope to see you in Houston. (Are you 65?) :LOL: I truly do not know. From your posts, I would bet you are.

Steve, open it up to anyone that we think is under 700 Fargo. Need to rethink timing of MOT for next year.

I really do like to attend or tournaments and the competition. If we do not see you this year, hopefully next year.

Also, thanks for the XO stopping the Keystone pipeline. All of the extra costs started there. Common sense.