Buffalos Pro Classic $26,000 Added May 25-29, 2022

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
shotting these races to five on these tight pockets is some very grueling one pocket. I ended up catching covid on tuesday so have been in bed but at least I ahve a lot of pool to watch
sorry to hear that Chris...do you think you might have picked it up in Fremont? Lots of people indoors and none of us wearing masks. I've been feeling a little ropy for the last few days, but I've tested negative twice with the antigen tests.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Where can i find results?
The brackets are here: https://digitalpool.com/tournaments...e-pocket-event-dollar20000-added-2022/bracket

As of 10:00 this A.M. (Sun.) they don't have the results of Calderon/Gorst posted.

I could be mis-reading the bracket, but it looks to me like the winner of Calderon/Gorst plays Alex P., then the winner of that plays Roberts to see who's in the finals with Tony. Can anyone confirm this, or correct me?

Alex was a bit phlegmatic during his play, but yet his determination usually allowed him to prevail-- except in the 0-5 drubbing he took with Roberts. If Tony keeps up his level of play, it seems to me he'd be the favorite to win it all. Gorst is a little intimidated by T-rex. Of course you can never count Alex out. I don't know anything about Calderone, but the guy obviously is a top player.

Presumably the finals will be this evening.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The brackets are here: https://digitalpool.com/tournaments...e-pocket-event-dollar20000-added-2022/bracket

As of 10:00 this A.M. (Sun.) they don't have the results of Calderon/Gorst posted.

I could be mis-reading the bracket, but it looks to me like the winner of Calderon/Gorst plays Alex P., then the winner of that plays Roberts to see who's in the finals with Tony. Can anyone confirm this, or correct me?

Alex was a bit phlegmatic during his play, but yet his determination usually allowed him to prevail-- except in the 0-5 drubbing he took with Roberts. If Tony keeps up his level of play, it seems to me he'd be the favorite to win it all. Gorst is a little intimidated by T-rex. Of course you can never count Alex out. I don't know anything about Calderone, but the guy obviously is a top player.

Presumably the finals will be this evening.
Doc, how come you dont do some announcing? You know the game, very articulate, and has a wicked sense of humor.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
When we had a tournament go to 3am all the tweezers from OP.Org went nuts complaining how the east coast had to stay up late and could not watch. Now this goes to 5am and silence.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc, how come you dont do some announcing? You know the game, very articulate, and has a wicked sense of humor.
Thanks, Bill. I have done a little commentating, but you either have to be famous (like JJ or Bill I.), or to really promote yourself (like Joey A.) to get picked. For pay streams the subscribers deserve experienced and knowledgeable name commentators.

JJ is excellent, and I always loved Bill I. and Grady's commentary. Some of the best technical and game & shot strategy commentary I've heard was from Artie Bodendorfer on a couple of streams with Larry Schwartz. There's no one better in that area than is Artie. For excellence plus humor, Bill and Grady could never be beaten.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Thanks, Bill. I have done a little commentating, but you either have to be famous (like JJ or Bill I.), or to really promote yourself (like Joey A.) to get picked. For pay streams the subscribers deserve experienced and knowledgeable name commentators.

JJ is excellent, and I always loved Bill I. and Grady's commentary. Some of the best technical and game & shot strategy commentary I've heard was from Artie Bodendorfer on a couple of streams with Larry Schwartz. There's no one better in that area than is Artie. For excellence plus humor, Bill and Grady could never be beaten.
Where can one find matches with Artie doing commentating?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Congrats to Dr. Bill and Larry Schwartz for hanging in there during the Fedor G/Calderone match that ended way past dawn (my time) , doing good commentary....