Official Entry Thread for 2022 Member's Tourney @ Q-Masters

Tnusbaum

Verified Member
Hey guys, I want to invite my Massage therapist to set up shop at the MOT. I spoke to her today & she is open to it. Rates would be 10 mins for $15. Can I get some feedback on that??
I could use a good massage! Thanks Steve!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thomas...we have the room reserved at 5:00 pm. The members have not made a decision on the particulars !
What we did last year was I believe $50 entry, double elimination races to 3. No onepocket.org qualifications requirements for entry -- the mini would be an "open" tournament. That sounds good to me! I would want to use one of the forms of One Ball One Pocket we came up with here -- options or not we could vote on.

One Ball One Pocket
An abbreviated form of One Pocket, beginning with just one object ball on the table.

The Game:

Begin with one ball frozen to the center of the foot rail, B-I-H from the kitchen. Breaker must open with a defensive shot. If the opening break leaves the object ball within one diamond of the breaker's own pocket, the opponent has the option of accepting the balls as they lie and continuing play, or calling for a re-break. Standard One Pocket rules apply thereafter.

Continuing Play:

In the event of a scratch or foul, the offending player spots up an additional ball, and play continues with the offending player now needing the additional ball/s for the win. The first player to score game ball wins, as long as any applicable scratch penalties have been paid.

Options:

“Sudden Death” One Ball One Pocket: Played the same as above, except any scratch or foul is an immediate loss of game. There is no penalty for pocketing the object ball in a neutral pocket; it simply spots on the foot spot and play continues.

“Foul Limit” -- needing 3 is loss of game: To avoid longer games due to back scratches, in the event that a player already needs two balls (due to an earlier scratch or foul not yet repaid), any additional scratch or foul that would normally result in that player needing three balls, instead results in loss of game. If this rule is in place, the scratches or fouls do not need to be “in a row”, so no warning is necessary.

“Bare Ball” (Philly style One Ball One Pocket): Played the same as above, except any scratch or foul results in ball in hand anywhere on the table. Only the game ball is spotted; extra balls are neither spotted nor owed.

Optional “California Break” – Played as above, except the game begins with one ball frozen to the center of the foot rail and cue ball frozen to the center of the head rail. Breaker may shoot either offense or defense on the opening break.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
What we did last year was I believe $50 entry, double elimination races to 3. No onepocket.org qualifications requirements for entry -- the mini would be an "open" tournament. That sounds good to me! I would want to use one of the forms of One Ball One Pocket we came up with here -- options or not we could vote on.

One Ball One Pocket
An abbreviated form of One Pocket, beginning with just one object ball on the table.

The Game:

Begin with one ball frozen to the center of the foot rail, B-I-H from the kitchen. Breaker must open with a defensive shot. If the opening break leaves the object ball within one diamond of the breaker's own pocket, the opponent has the option of accepting the balls as they lie and continuing play, or calling for a re-break. Standard One Pocket rules apply thereafter.

Continuing Play:

In the event of a scratch or foul, the offending player spots up an additional ball, and play continues with the offending player now needing the additional ball/s for the win. The first player to score game ball wins, as long as any applicable scratch penalties have been paid.

Options:

“Sudden Death” One Ball One Pocket: Played the same as above, except any scratch or foul is an immediate loss of game. There is no penalty for pocketing the object ball in a neutral pocket; it simply spots on the foot spot and play continues.

“Foul Limit” -- needing 3 is loss of game: To avoid longer games due to back scratches, in the event that a player already needs two balls (due to an earlier scratch or foul not yet repaid), any additional scratch or foul that would normally result in that player needing three balls, instead results in loss of game. If this rule is in place, the scratches or fouls do not need to be “in a row”, so no warning is necessary.

“Bare Ball” (Philly style One Ball One Pocket): Played the same as above, except any scratch or foul results in ball in hand anywhere on the table. Only the game ball is spotted; extra balls are neither spotted nor owed.

Optional “California Break” – Played as above, except the game begins with one ball frozen to the center of the foot rail and cue ball frozen to the center of the head rail. Breaker may shoot either offense or defense on the opening break.
There will be one ball one pocket coming from Buffalo’s on Weds night.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
southwest changed our flight to such odd hours - it's literally taking 2 days off the trip (and arriving when all the car rental places are closed and departing when none are open). so, alternative is to drive - it's 18 hours (4 total days behind the wheel) which comes out to about 25% of my vacation. reservation is over $200/night to stay at a super 8 few blocks from the beach. i'm done dicking with this entire trip - been a pain in the ass trying to make it work from the word go.

miller is dropping out.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
southwest changed our flight to such odd hours - it's literally taking 2 days off the trip [..]

miller is dropping out.
This bites.
I know it needn't be said, but; it bites.
Yet it does open up other possibilities, eh?

Best to you in every pursuit.