2022 Bogies Seniors

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
John Rizzo called me today and wanted me to post that the dates have been confirmed for this 2022's Seniors tournament.

This years dates are Thur 9/29 - Sun 10/2. Players meeting at 7:00 Thursday with one round following .

$200 entry fee with Bogies adding $2000. Last year poolactionTV added an extra $1000. Don't know yet about this year.

Last year's date in July had a lot of players miss because of heat and summer vacations. More info to follow.

Col Bille is 65 this year - he is chomping at the bit to play. Remember, just have to turn 65 in 2022 or before to play.

Bogies always treats the Seniors like royalty - also Non-Smoking during tournament. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Will add entry fee information tomorrow.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Send entries to ; Attn: John Rizzo
Bogies Billiards
3040 FM 1960 Ste 101
Houston, Tx 77073

Paypal address will be added ASAP. Looking forward to another great Seniors tourney. The level of play is amazing.

All of you young guys come on down and learn something.;):LOL:

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Bogies Billiards
3040 FM 1960 Ste 101
Houston, Tx 77073

Paypal address will be added ASAP. Looking forward to another great Seniors tourney. The level of play is amazing.

PayPal info : cody@bogiesbilliard.com
John Rizzo called me today and wanted me to post that the dates have been confirmed for this 2022's Seniors tournament.

This years dates are Thur 9/29 - Sun 10/2. Players meeting at 7:00 Thursday with one round following .

$200 entry fee with Bogies adding $2000. Last year poolactionTV added an extra $1000. Don't know yet about this year.

Last year's date in July had a lot of players miss because of heat and summer vacations. More info to follow.

Col Bille is 65 this year - he is chomping at the bit to play. Remember, just have to turn 65 in 2022 or before to play.

Bogies always treats the Seniors like royalty - also Non-Smoking during tournament. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Will add entry fee information tomorrow.

PayPal (Friends and family) to: cody@bogiesbilliard. com

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Super 8 right across street. Hilton Gardens Inn, Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn and Extended Stay Motel 6 just west of I-45.

Do not stay at Motel 6 on the east side of I-45. I-45 is 4 miles from Bogies East.

baby huey

Verified Member
Is playing one round on thursday different than past years schedules? And, what rules do we anticipate playing under? Are we going to use DCC rules?

thebaby

Verified Member
Good morning everybody , I'm thinking about playing in this one. Can somebody tell me what Airport , if we are flying in we should use. Thank you in advance .....

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Good morning everybody , I'm thinking about playing in this one. Can somebody tell me what Airport , if we are flying in we should use. Thank you in advance .....
Frank, George Bush Airport is a few miles away. Get your entry fee in. They cut it off at 32 because of table limitations.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If you fly SW, then you end up on the wrong side of town, you want to fly into Bush international. Alaska, United, all put you there

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bogies Billiards
3040 FM 1960 Ste 101
Houston, Tx 77073

This is a tough field. Every old time hustler show up for this tournament.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
This is a tough field. Every old time hustler show up for this tournament.
Yeah, Rizzo & Co. put on a first class event, for sure. But I decided early on that playing 65-year-olds and former pros gave me practically zero chance to cash. So despite how enjoyable it would be to participate along with some of my old friends, I decided to skip the arduous drive. It would also be a short flight for me, but since I'm going to Germany in July, I've pretty much used up my travel budget for 2022...:confused:

Should be a memorable event. Are you going, Bill?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I have a few resentments after streaming free for five years and then being dumped unceremoniously by Steve. I believe he made a deal with PATV because they are quite close. I will not do any more streams for OP.Org after all the effort I put in to promote the site. People thought this was a OP.Org event because of my promotion.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Doc, if your question was directed at me, I won't try to make that drive. I'm too old now and not as savvy as I would have to be to take on the Houston traffic. I went over twice to that event, and had I good time both trips. I did not try to play, but spectated up a storm and snatched up one of their free lunches. Couple of fine outings, but too far to repeat. I stayed at the Rodeway Inn - not bad and only a couple of blocks from Bogie's.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc, if your question was directed at me, I won't try to make that drive. I'm too old now and not as savvy as I would have to be to take on the Houston traffic. I went over twice to that event, and had I good time both trips. I did not try to play, but spectated up a storm and snatched up one of their free lunches. Couple of fine outings, but too far to repeat. I stayed at the Rodeway Inn - not bad and only a couple of blocks from Bogie's.
Yes sir, I recall chatting with you a few years ago-- probably at one of the original Bogies' "super seniors" events. It's always a pleasure to see you, my man. Living in BR you're 1.5 hours+ closer than am I in Pass Christian, but it would still be a 5-6 hour trek for you. I've lost my tolerance for driving any more....😕

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I have a few resentments after streaming free for five years and then being dumped unceremoniously by Steve. I believe he made a deal with PATV because they are quite close. I will not do any more streams for OP.Org after all the effort I put in to promote the site. People thought this was a OP.Org event because of my promotion.
It was not up to me at all Bill! I love and support Bogies Senior 1P but I have ZERO to do with running it.