Round robin tournament

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
Please, looking for suggestions on holding a round robin tournament. Only have six tables available to me and only one day. Do i handicap it, limit it to a certain fargo rate number. Have an open, number of players etc. Thanks in advance, stay safe

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
If you follow the pattern we are using at The Jointed Cue, you could have three four man groups, and a playoff with the winners of each group. You can run races to three and you have to stick to a two hour time limit to get it done in 8/9 hours. We are running one next Sunday and I will post the streaming info later.

If you want every player to play each other, you would need to make it two days IMO.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Here is my straight up suggestion.
Play 10 ball, just because of the racking. Either opponent racks or breaker.
12 players, groups of 4 players on 2 tables, each player plays 3 matches. 2 players out of each group advancing to 2nd rd.
Race to either 2 or 3 games, depending on time allotted.
2nd Rd. 6 players, 3 players on 1 table, playing RR. 1 player advances from each group to finals.
You will have to keep track of games won, and scores.
Or,
a ring game format if you get more playersor it can be done with 8 or say 12 players, but say like16 then 4 players playing on 4 tables, 18, then 6 players on each table. Or 20 players w/ 4 players on each table. Top 2 players advance.
You will need to raise the chip value aggressively if time warrants it.

I do not have a clue about handicapping, and fargo rate when it comes to banks. There might be a way to do this. But fargo rate does not have much to do with banks, I would think.
Whitey

Henry

Verified Member
If you follow the pattern we are using at The Jointed Cue, you could have three four man groups, and a playoff with the winners of each group. You can run races to three and you have to stick to a two hour time limit to get it done in 8/9 hours. We are running one next Sunday and I will post the streaming info later.

If you want every player to play each other, you would need to make it two days IMO
Great tournament concept at the Jointed Cue. I have played in a couple of them. I like them because I go to the pool hall to play pool and in these tournament's you get to play all day. It is restricted to 8 so you can't play every week.