WWYD shot after the break

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
With my shot you get the 13 by your hole and lock your opponent up behind the 2/5. It's the easiest to execute because you don't have to carom off another ball or be afraid of scratching. Unless I am seeing the angle wrong, I can't imagine a stronger shot in this situation.

1649252255247.png

Thanks for the WWYD buddy!

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Fraught with peril… 😂. Never thought of it. Thanks. My only worry would be running into that lone ball near his hole. Looks like the path. But maybe it gets knocked away. That’s a good idea John thanks.

that’s why we need to adjust if we play another match at Buffs next month 😇. (Just bought my plane tickets)
I do like shooting the old Grady shot on occasion but it seems these days moving balls towards your hole is preferred.
..Im still pondering going to NO. I can't justify going to them all.. But a positive about Buffs is I can sleep in the parking lot next to the other camper rigs.
Of course this all depends on my first tests and scans next week. These will be the first ones 6 months after my surgery.

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
With my shot you get the 13 by your hole and lock your opponent up behind the 2/5. It's the easiest to execute because you don't have to carom off another ball or be afraid of scratching. Unless I am seeing the angle wrong, I can't imagine a stronger shot in this situation.

View attachment 437923

Yeah if the 13 banks into the 5 and the cueball goes straight thru , the angle should be ok for this shot, {unless we are both crackheads}
I rmemebr seeing this shot also but it didn't seem like the 13 got past the 5
I guess I just don't visualize these photos correctly.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

View attachment 437923

We wouldn't have this thread if the 13 bank was available, the 5 is blocking. Mitch, I thought you were working out :ROFLMAO:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Yeah if the 13 banks into the 5 and the cueball goes straight thru , the angle should be ok for this shot, {unless we are both crackheads}
pics can be deceiving for sure, but it appears I can bank the 13 near my hole and miss the 5, but I could be wrong, Mitch did you have room to do that and just elected the bank combo instead? Just curious, thanks!

Jimmy B

Verified Member

View attachment 437923

Yes, I saw your shot but It looks like to me that to get JoJo to go over there into his long rail with left hand spinning English and then to spin down behind the two, that you would have to shoot with a force that would not allow the 13 to come over and stop at that point you indicated. It seems like it would bank back over to his section, but I could be wrong

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
We wouldn't have this thread if the 13 bank was available, the 5 is blocking. Mitch, I thought you were working out :ROFLMAO:
Not necessarily true, but point taken.

I am banking it to miss the 5, I dont want to make it, I am trying to freeze on the 2. Just want the 13 in my quadrant.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL

View attachment 437923

Cincy, according to the way the, 'ball lines' are drawn, it looks like u r cutting the 13 lightly to the right, if so, u will get a 'Kiss' before the CB gets to the side rail. And to get behind the 2 ball, the CB needs 10 or 11 O'clock English. If this a little more than pocket speed, the 13 will still have a little reverse juice on it when it contacts the long rail and will stiffen up a little more than diagramed.

Note; If this shot is played with, 'Firm' speed the OB will be gone before the CB gets to the, 'Kiss junction,' also the OB would really shorten up. I doubt that was your intention.

Last edited:
Reactions: lll

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Cincy, according to the way the, 'ball lines' are drawn, it looks like u r cutting the 13 lightly to the right, if so, u will get a 'Kiss' before the CB gets to the side rail. And to get behind the 2 ball, the CB needs 10 or 11 O'clock English. If this a little more than pocket speed, the 13 will still have a little reverse juice on it when it contacts the long rail and will stiffen up a little more than diagramed.
That's just my drawing error lol... I didn't mean for it to look that way, just shoot it straight on with some LHE and spin behind the 2. I am sure the angle wasn't there or Mitch would have shot it...

Ok, I choose my 2nd shot then ala KYB and what Mitch actually shot.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
That's just my drawing error lol... I didn't mean for it to look that way, just shoot it straight on with some LHE and spin behind the 2. I am sure the angle wasn't there or Mitch would have shot it...

Ok, I choose my 2nd shot then ala KYB and what Mitch actually shot.
That's why I mentioned, "Drawn ball lines." I will mention this, applying LHE, even at slow-med-slow speed, the CB will push to the right a little bit going towards the OB.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Mitch,
As in mr3c picture shot selection or a variation of this depending on the actual cue ball to 11 ball relationship, did you consider this?
Jakie also had this, and I also liked it!
thanks, Whitey
I did, Whitey, but the angle looked off to me from the table to miss those balls and get the cue underneath. I ruled it out quickly.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
As usual you are correct, Billy. 13 did not get past the 5 clean.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
pics can be deceiving for sure, but it appears I can bank the 13 near my hole and miss the 5, but I could be wrong, Mitch did you have room to do that and just elected the bank combo instead? Just curious, thanks!
Nope. No room at the inn.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I like C k's shot. When I looked at it I never considered trying to get the 13 past the 5 ball. I would focus on spinning the CB behind the 2 and be happy getting the 5 and maybe the 13 on my side of the table. A good outcome could put him in some trouble.........

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Good WWYD Mitch....thanks for providing some interest on here.......hey, how bout you taking a short road trip and meet me at Top Hat north of Baltimore for a warm up.....it's an hour drive for me and a couple of hours for you (but you're younger)...;)