WWYD shot after the break

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Post #15. 3-4 rail cue to the left side of 2.....hope to make a legal hit but will take a scratch

Last edited:

Renegade_56

Verified Member
Last edited:

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Thin the left edge of the 10 and come back to the long rail you shot from and then bank into the stack to nuzzle the 9 and 14. I’ve shot this several times after the break.

Rt66

Verified Member
Mitch, thank you for the post!

Like Androd, my go shot, after some calculation, is moving traffic toward my hole by coming off the 15 four-five rails with goal of cue ball parking near my adversary’s hole.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Quite a few good options here! I believe banking the 13 ball into the 5 ball is my shot choice. Just cut the 13 ball and let the cb glance off the 14 ball and let the cb track behind the 2 ball.
Well Kybanks nailed my shot. And I’m sure he would have hit it better than I did! I hit it reallll weak. The cue was tracking to go behind the 2 but I was worried about the scratch so I babied it
Just too soft. Here is how it ended up. LAME! F290E004-F721-4B47-ADB2-33B6ABB13004.jpeg7FBB6242-FB15-41A1-876C-20D0F25BDAC7.jpeg

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
If I had it to do over Seeing this thread I would have either shot Rod’s shot, or mine but hit it with a bit more speed.

I didn’t like coming off the 6 because I was afraid of leaving a bank if I don’t hide it under the 2.

Reactions: lll

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
knowing Mitch, he probably shot the 11 like a cross corner but into the back of the 2 / 5 with some speed and drove some balls towards his hole while swinging the CB 2 or 3 rails around to have his opponent straight in on the 10 or a sell out cut on the 3. :)
Funny. I did consider banking the 11 back into the 13 caroming towards my hole but didn’t like leaving Jojo uptable.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Grady 3 rail safe off the 10
Fraught with peril… 😂. Never thought of it. Thanks. My only worry would be running into that lone ball near his hole. Looks like the path. But maybe it gets knocked away. That’s a good idea John thanks.

that’s why we need to adjust if we play another match at Buffs next month 😇. (Just bought my plane tickets)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Mitch, thank you for the post!

Like Androd, my go shot, after some calculation, is moving traffic toward my hole by coming off the 15 four-five rails with goal of cue ball parking near my adversary’s hole.
My pleasure and good call. That’s a man’s shot right there! I’m sorry I didn’t give it more credence. Looks like the most fun shot for sure :)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Thin the left edge of the 10 and come back to the long rail you shot from and then bank into the stack to nuzzle the 9 and 14. I’ve shot this several times after the break.
Seems like one of those “break glass in case of emergency” shots. Never would have thought of it. Thanks.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Post #15. 3-4 rail cue to the left side of 2.....hope to make a legal hit but will take a scratch
It’s been a while Frank and I’ve heard good things about your game. Time for you to come to BG one day so we can have us a match!!! Always great seeing you my friend it’s been too long.

Kybanks

Verified Member
Well Kybanks nailed my shot. And I’m sure he would have hit it better than I did! I hit it reallll weak. The cue was tracking to go behind the 2 but I was worried about the scratch so I babied it
Just too soft. Here is how it ended up. LAME! View attachment 437916View attachment 437917

Looks to me like the 5 ball was tracking to go in or hang. Still the best shot in my opinion.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Mitch,
As in mr3c picture shot selection or a variation of this depending on the actual cue ball to 11 ball relationship, did you consider this?
Jakie also had this, and I also liked it!
thanks, Whitey

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Smack the 15ball, take the CB around the world, hope to fall safe.
looks like a hopeful chance.
Reason 2020 why you are one of my main hero’s on this site. Rod PLEASE consider coming to one of our tournaments sometime so we can hit em. I’ll donate just to see your game.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I love the 13 into the 5 shot, I would have picked that probably, but in the first picture it looks like you will hit too much 14 ball going past and in the second lower view it looks more possible , but still off a bit and I figured the second was an optical illusion because the first was a closer view. Nice shot anyway .
I would have just a 3/8 ball long one rail to the bottom rail for an intentional. I practice that shot quite a bit becasuse it not only comes up in games a lot , it usually determines who goes first and in a race to 3 and as you know thats huge! Whenever I watch a very good player and they can't get within a diamond lagging , I have to wonder .