Official Entry Thread for 2022 Member's Tourney @ Q-Masters

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I actually do think its a pretty good idea to have them participate in the wwyds to see their thought process. It helps get to know what kind of player they are in my opinion. Would be a nightmare to try and track it, but like the idea all the same :)
What does that really show though? After all, I know some guys who lemoned flyers for years but actually squeeze. Or some guy…. Ok me 😂😂😂. Kidding. I do love my flyers.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Mitch, There is quite a few of us that never miss and can do all the 5 railers from our keyboards. Sometimes, I think that I

am too old school, because all the top young guns can make shots that would never would have been attempted 20 years ago.

You are in both categories above. :ROFLMAO:
Hey. I just made a five railer the other day, then miss all the easy shots😢

Warning, I’ll be at DFW April 14✈️

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Jim, if your trip to DFW does not get cancelled, call me or text me a couple of days before. Stixx and Stones changed their hours.

5 - 2, Mon thru Thurs, Fri 4- 2 and 12 - 2 Sat and Sun. CK's on Skillman is open all day with six 9' Diamonds.

I think both places maintain their tables about the same. Stixx and Stones is in a little bit better part of Dallas area.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
Jim, if your trip to DFW does not get cancelled, call me or text me a couple of days before. Stixx and Stones changed their hours.

5 - 2, Mon thru Thurs, Fri 4- 2 and 12 - 2 Sat and Sun. CK's on Skillman is open all day with six 9' Diamonds.

I think both places maintain their tables about the same. Stixx and Stones is in a little bit better part of Dallas area.
If you guys go to Stixx and Stones, give my 2nd daughter April Larson a big hug for me if she is there!!!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

CKs dumped their crappy GCs and got diamonds. Nice
There’s only one tight Diamond at Stixx. What are they like at CK’s? There’s more 1P there

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
its really simple everyone that plays gets a spot or gives one based on their fargo rate or the rate that a group of the players give him based on where his game fits in with the others.
this way everyone has a chance to win or at least gets close enough that he sees a chance.

why would anyone object as they give and get spots for the cash games. and if you want it to grow you get players that want a chance, to join here.
Very astute

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Mitch, There is quite a few of us that never miss and can do all the 5 railers from our keyboards. Sometimes, I think that I

am too old school, because all the top young guns can make shots that would never would have been attempted 20 years ago.

You are in both categories above. :ROFLMAO:
Old school is why I jump on you every chance I get. Hopefully Ill see you soon. Come up to Lincoln City. BCA tournament.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I would love to go to the Chesapeake area and the Bristol area, the Norfolk area. Really beautiful part of our great country. And plenty of clear thinking American Patriot Liberals. But how do you spend three thousand dollars to go there and then the European version? My plans include The Hague and if Mitch the Beast is lucky, Norfolk on the way to the Azores.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Local guys - any thoughts about a mini banks or 1 ball one pocket on thursday evening?

How are cabs/uber from the beach front/pool room/airport? (trying not to drop $500 on a car rental for a week's stay....lol....)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Local guys - any thoughts about a mini banks or 1 ball one pocket on thursday evening?

How are cabs/uber from the beach front/pool room/airport? (trying not to drop $500 on a car rental for a week's stay....lol....)
Ditto to this, and also I am interested in either a roommate or reasonable cost room suggestion... since the airbnb I picked turned out to be in the "wrong" neighborhood.

FreeMoney

Verified Member

Yes we can have a mini on Thursday...is 5 tables enough? let me know & I can reserve the tables. Also, UBER from the oceanfront is about 12 miles. I've noticed uber is getting very pricey lately......car rental shortage has driven prices up too.........UBER may cost less..................BUT you can also save $200 a week with TURO....................Find the perfect car, shared by trusted hosts around the world (turo.com)

FreeMoney

Verified Member
Ditto to this, and also I am interested in either a roommate or reasonable cost room suggestion... since the airbnb I picked turned out to be in the "wrong" neighborhood.
HOUSING------------Steve I looked through the AIR B & B listings. The rentals that have pricing lower than a hotel are generally in 'less than desirable areas'. I found one place located in the Greenbrier area of Chesapeake Va (12 mins to pool hall). This rental is in a condo community (it is a condo) and offers a lot of amenities. The only negative I saw was the misc fees tacked on the bill.

Luxury Apartment in beautiful Greenbrier - Apartments for Rent in Chesapeake, Virginia, United States (airbnb.com)

In comparison, if you booked Springhill Suites (2 mins) & had a roommate you would pay $800 each. (7 nights 2 Queen beds, living room etc). I would choose Marriott (because it's closer & you can literally walk to Q's)

Marriott Find & Reserve - Review Reservation Details

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Unfortunately I've made a tough decision and decided not to attend this one so I told Matt to take me off the list. I can't afford to do all three and this one is the most time consuming and expensive. Guess I'll have to finally get to see the Ocean another time.. 😆
I do plan on attending Buffalos and me and Miller will be doing the tournament at Memphis again in November so you bums won't miss seeing me a whole lot.. GL to everybody. See you all in May.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Yes we can have a mini on Thursday...is 5 tables enough? let me know & I can reserve the tables. Also, UBER from the oceanfront is about 12 miles. I've noticed uber is getting very pricey lately......car rental shortage has driven prices up too.........UBER may cost less..................BUT you can also save $200 a week with TURO....................Find the perfect car, shared by trusted hosts around the world (turo.com)

guess it depends on a few things.....(1) if everyone is interested in it or would rather just match up, (2) if the local players are interested in mixing it up with the 1p.org crew, (3) what game - historically have done a single elimination banks or one ball one pocket (races to 3).

an any event, a single elimination "open" 32 field has worked well in the past ($50 entry seems to be the sweet spot). think we'd need more than 5 tables (at least to start). field isn't exactly filling up - only 20 or so entries so far and there's always a late drop or two (as well as a couple/few late entries).... but it's been a cool thing to get some of the home room players involved (future 1p.org members?) before the MOT next day.

up to you, Birdman77, Keith E, B_White....if you'd be down for handling it and think it would work.

:)