WWYD? -- #91005

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
it looks like you could possibly spin the CB off the bottom rail into the stripe on your opponents side and bank it towards your side sending the CB up table.???
If I can reach it- 2 rail kick at the 13.
when i first looked at the diagram
i didnt think you could get to the 13
from my diagrams is does look doable to hit either side of the 13 via 1 or 2 rails
not sure how confident i would be to hit it good to not sell out
kick 13 1.pngkick13 2.png

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Softly roll into the 12 and back onto the 5. Regardless of what your opponent does you will likely have opened up some avenue to escape this difficult situation. When in extreme difficulty don't panic and seek to survive the moment with the simplest of solutions methodically working your way out step by step.

Tom
I see this as the only logical option.

Reactions: lll

unoperro

Verified Member
Am I the only guy who upon seeing the the little bumps shot safety back against the 5 can hear the legendary Billy I say - "What has he done? I don't like that. Yes he bought some time , but he is going to get the worst of it." ?

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
from my diagrams is does look doable to hit either side of the 13 via 1 or 2 rails
View attachment 437862View attachment 437863
Larry remember, balls have edges, like the 2 ball, if the line you have drawn is the, 'centerline' of the CB. Also the distance the CB is from the 1st rail and the angle going into it from the CB's position. Just a thought.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
View attachment 437862View attachment 437863
Thx Larry. I feel kicking it 2 rails is way tougher than the one rail kick even though the angle to the 13 is wider. You would be stretched across the table, over the group of balls and over the ball by the CB. Even if you use a bridge your cue would be way jacked up so would have to deal with masse effect.

Reactions: lll

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry remember, balls have edges, like the 2 ball, if the line you have drawn is the, 'centerline' of the CB. Also the distance the CB is from the 1st rail and the angle going into it from the CB's position. Just a thought.
thats why i showed lines to the inside and outside of the 13
and yes i tried to show the center of the cueball line
going to the inside of the 13 the 2 ball is definitely a "big" ball

B_White

This is a few shots after the break, score is 0-0, what would you do?

Not a lot of options I see but curious what others like here.

View attachment 437849

View attachment 437850I think I would bank the 12 away and freeze the cue ball to the five ball. That way if he takes a foul he is on one before you are. That way you should be able to have an opportunity at some point to get out of it. I think the average player does not take enough fouls. If you’re ever in a situation where you could potentially give up 3,4,5 or more balls just take a foul and maybe your next opportunity will be better.

View attachment 437851
I think I would bank the 12 away and freeze the cue ball

unoperro

Verified Member
I set up a approximation.

2 rails is hard to reach but doable.

1 rail is doable to hit middle or higher on that 13. The 2 kept me from hitting the bottom of the 13.

For me either shot is difficult to strike firm enough to sufficiently clear the 13. A firm strike on whitey straightens out whitey's path making them less predictable.

Perhaps the bump and buying time is the best option. It appears to offer the greatest chance of letting your opponent stumble.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL

1 rail is doable to hit middle or higher on that 13. The 2 kept me from hitting the bottom of the 13.

For me either shot is difficult to strike firm enough to sufficiently clear the 13. A firm strike on whitey straightens out whitey's path making them less predictable.

Perhaps the bump and buying time is the best option. It appears to offer the greatest chance of letting your opponent stumble.
A video is worth a thousand words!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Wasn't much there for sure. I like freezing on the 5 too I guess, trough situation.

This was Alex vs Danny and Danny just put Alex in this situation and here is the video of the Danny's shot and Alex's return and you can listen to Dr. Bill and JJ discuss it.

Where was Alex trying to get? On the bottom side of the 3? No matter how far you get into the catcher's mitt, the 3 looks like it's shootable.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I know this would be a hard shot but is it even possible?

Shoot the 12 ball 3 rails at your pocket with some RHE on the CB and come back 2 rails under the 3?

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
If I can reach it- 2 rail kick at the 13.

Am I the only guy who upon seeing the the little bumps shot safety back against the 5 can hear the legendary Billy I say - "What has he done? I don't like that. Yes he bought some time , but he is going to get the worst of it." ?

this is the first thing i saw also - me and mitch watched the hacker a few years back hit a similar shot at dcc (dr. bill was sweating the game also). i didn't post anything on it, because i don't know it (or didn't)/never took the time to learn it.

played around with it last night. get too high and cue ball skips off the rail. get to low and it flattens out the angle. inside runs too much. i think a tad bit above center left (outside) it runs pretty good.

great wwyd.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
So I guess I can't see the 9. I'd play it as simple as possible: feather the 12 sit on the 5.
Thanks, Cincy.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Softly roll into the 12 and back onto the 5. Regardless of what your opponent does you will likely have opened up some avenue to escape this difficult situation. When in extreme difficulty don't panic and seek to survive the moment with the simplest of solutions methodically working your way-out step by step.

Tom

So, I guess I can't see the 9. I'd play it as simple as possible: feather the 12 sit on the 5.
Thanks, Cincy.

As the balls lay in the photos, I would probably feather the 12-ball onto the 5-ball. But as Tom stated in his post, "seek to survive the moment with the simplest of solutions methodically working your way-out step by step."

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I know this would be a hard shot but is it even possible?

Shoot the 12 ball 3 rails at your pocket with some RHE on the CB and come back 2 rails under the 3?
If you knock the 12 out , you leave the5 ball into the nine and drag the cueball up behind the stack return. Unless the ball goes 3 rails and gets in the way.