HALL OF FAME

baby huey

Verified Member
A couple of years ago I nominated Eddie Robbins for the HOF. I'd like to rekindle that nomination process again.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I heard a 'Rumor' that he has been MIA for awhile. Also that someone sent the cops/someone for a, 'Wellness check' because no one has heard or seen of him.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
A couple of years ago I nominated Eddie Robbins for the HOF. I'd like to rekindle that nomination process again.
Yeah, I too brought him up a couple of times for the "Teachers and Promoters" category. After all, his books were the first and only go-to manuals for one-pocket for many years.

ICBW, but it seems to me that Beard was against his nomination, but I could be all wrong on that. As you recall, Eddie posted here for a few months years back, but there were too many beefs. I hope he's not ill.

Ervolino was not a stellar guy either, but he deserves to be in the HOF.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Yeah, I too brought him up a couple of times for the "Teachers and Promoters" category. After all, his books were the first and only go-to manuals for one-pocket for many years.

ICBW, but it seems to me that Beard was against his nomination, but I could be all wrong on that. As you recall, Eddie posted here for a few months years back, but there were too many beefs. I hope he's not ill.

Ervolino was not a stellar guy either, but he deserves to be in the HOF.
Doc, Johnny was a Way Better 1p player and most likely a better straight pool player than Eddie, And a action guy.

beatle

Verified Member
either start a hall of shame.

or have a hall of fame for all those that only claim was they played great. then nominate 100 players every year.

beatle

Verified Member
since i really dont know, but how did robin teach and or promote other than make a small limited run of a few books about the game.

lfigueroa

Verified Member

Eddie should be in.

His books were a monumental and beautiful publishing achievement that not only taught many of us how to play the game in a more creative fashion but also showcased much of the game's history.

Lou Figueroa

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Re: Robbins: I believe he told Steve he would only accept the HOF as a player, not as a promoter/teacher of the game.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Eddie told me when he was around CA Billiards in the 80’s, his best game beside three cushion, was banks.
John, Eddie was around Chicago with NY Pancho in the mid-late 60's. He hung around the, 'Golden 8 Ball' on Rush st. They had Harold Worst 4'x8' tables with a, 'non-slate' material. They had no 3C table, so I went there occasionally. But, George Fels was a regular there everyday. Eddie did play well on those tables, I Never heard of him playing one person playing banks! He at a minimum of at least 25 Black players from the, Southside' to choose from. He was a typical East Coast 60's 100 ball runner in straight pool. I watched him play that and Pancho told me this was Eddie's Best game. But, in those days, everyone knew that 90% of all East Coast road players played very good straight pool, that's what they at the time, played the most. And. The 3 cushion winners of Nationals were averaging, 0.700-0.850. Eddie was National 3C champ in 72 & 79, both events held on the West coast. It was a strange era in the late 60's early 70's for 3 cushion in the US. New organizations were forming, Brunswick was pushing their, 'New Look' in pool rooms with introduction of GC tables. The GC 3C tables were Not very good at all, so, rooms/many players fell off to the wayside. Anyway, this is the info "I" know.

BTW, I mentioned before that someone close to Eddie had contacted authorities to do a, 'wellness' check on him. I just got off the phone with someone that told me the same person recently asked for another. When he contacted the agency again, they told him they "We can only give the info to a relative."

Last edited: