Full Rack Banks?

joe_jaguar

From
Jacksonville, FL
Welcome to 21st century Bank pool!
yeah it is one of those things I'd like to see. People always go "oh well play full rack" but I've never seen it. Same with the people that make the comments about old 9 ball push out style games. Never seen it. Guess a lot was too early for streaming but didn't know if there are maybe some rooms in places that play these and they might have a house stream where recorded sessions are up online.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
yeah it is one of those things I'd like to see. People always go "oh well play full rack" but I've never seen it. Same with the people that make the comments about old 9 ball push out style games. Never seen it. Guess a lot was too early for streaming but didn't know if there are maybe some rooms in places that play these and they might have a house stream where recorded sessions are up online.
Joe, IMPO, full rack banks compared to 9 ball rack banks is like, Chess compared to Checkers.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
joe
the link above is a link to john brumback 2nd dvd on banking
he walks you thru 13 racks of short rack banks and 4 racks of full rack banks and 45 minutes of common bank pool situations
its not free but it should be educational

joe_jaguar

From
Jacksonville, FL
joe
the link above is a link to john brumback 2nd dvd on banking
he walks you thru 13 racks of short rack banks and 4 racks of full rack banks and 45 minutes of common bank pool situations
its not free but it should be educational
Got both of those DVDs but the blu-ray got fried by a lightning about three years ago and never watched them. Been hit three times in five years. Now that I think about it I believe this PC has a DVD drive. Might give it a try.

Any matches out there?

Thanks.

Reactions: lll

RabbiHippie

Verified Member
Danny Harriman matched-up with Justin Bergman at full rack banks for a STL Players Club livestream last year. There's a highlight reel from the match available on YouTube and the full match may be available elsewhere for subscribers.

joe_jaguar

From
Jacksonville, FL
Danny Harriman matched-up with Justin Bergman at full rack banks for a STL Players Club livestream last year. There's a highlight reel from the match available on YouTube and the full match may be available elsewhere for subscribers.
Thanks, I'll check that out. I saw on AZB Harriman was supposed to play one the other night but I had never heard of the streamer before.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
There was a video of Buddy Hall and another top pro playing full rack banks, but I can't find it on YouTube.
But there are a bunch of good 9ball banks matches there. I like the Brumback/Spaeth matche from the first DCC, Billy and Grady commentating.

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Was curious if anyone had any links to some full rack matches? I've looked and can never find any. Thanks.
joe_jaguar, Howdy;

Just like 14.1 and other games that don't move quickly it's going by the way side so-to-speak.
only my humble opinion sad to say.

hank

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
There was a video of Buddy Hall and another top pro playing full rack banks, but I can't find it on YouTube.
But there are a bunch of good 9ball banks matches there. I like the Brumback/Spaeth matche from the first DCC, Billy and Grady commentating.

I believe this is the one you were looking for Doc - https://store.accu-stats.com/gary-spaeth-vs-buddy-hall-full-rack-dvd-2000-derby-city-banks/

There's another one from the year before - Varner v Daulton - https://store.accu-stats.com/daulton-vs-varner-full-rack-banks-dvd-1999-derby-city-banks/. A good match, too!

I don't believe Pat ever released either of them for public viewing (on youtube or elsewhere). I should have both DVDs in one of my boxes with pool stuff