Need a ruling

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Me and Miller playing tonight. He hangs a ball in his pocket. Not his out ball. My shot now...i make a ball and while the cueball is rolling for shape on my next ball his ball falls in his pocket without being touched. So does his ball spot back up? If so when does it spot? Before my next shot or after my inning is over?

Renegade_56

Verified Member
Good question. I would think it's his point though. If not, whats to keep someone from "accidentally" bumping the table to clear an opponents pocket?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ball dropping in pocket rule.png
john the above is from the BCA rules
if Miller's ball fell after 5 seconds i would think it gets spotted back where it was immediately
if Miller's ball fell before 5 seconds it stays down
regardless you keep shooting since you made a ball
jmho

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
View attachment 437464
john the above is from the BCA rules
if Miller's ball fell after 5 seconds i would think it gets spotted back where it was immediately
if Miller's ball fell before 5 seconds it stays down
regardless you keep shooting since you made a ball
jmho
Yea, that's what I thought the rule is but we weren't sure. We ended up leaving it down which didn't seem right to me. I needed 2 or 3 more and it was his only threat.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Yeah for sure comes back up immediately. Im
Jealous! Who got the cheese?

Of course, when crabb man told me that ball spots, I lost my shit....."fuk you, crabby, that ball falls in my hole, it's mine".....blah, blah, blah.....etc....

Couple other weird things as well....left me awkward shooting with the bridge....pocket a ball, getting the bridge outta the way, disturb a ball, whitey hits the ball I disturb (getting on top of them to get some more)....crabby calls foul, "ball spots and you owe one"....lost my shit again....he was so positive and resolute about it, Miller says "fuk it"

The other thing, I was getting ready to spot a ball (not even close to it) and a ball inexplicably moves on its own (no shit....is there a ghost in the house?) above the spot.

Three weird things never seen before, let alone in a single $ set at DCC.....

Yeah. As much as it *pains* me to say....Crabb Man booked a W. Stings like a bitch.

😑

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Good question. I would think it's his point though. If not, whats to keep someone from "accidentally" bumping the table to clear an opponents pocket?
I would relate this situation to a game of eight ball and go to the five second rule. If your opponent hung the eight ball and your are in position to shoot after the five seconds and the eight falls you lose because you just scratched the eight in and he wins. It's only right that it gets repositioned to where it was.

Renegade_56

Verified Member
I would relate this situation to a game of eight ball and go to the five second rule. If your opponent hung the eight ball and your are in position to shoot after the five seconds and the eight falls you lose because you just scratched the eight in and he wins. It's only right that it gets repositioned to where it was.
Yeah I kinda knew what the rule was after thinking about it a little

beatle

Verified Member
think about it as the same if a passerby went and bumped a ball or balls. you would put them back where they were.

bobt64

Verified Member
From
Green Valley, AZ
This happened to me. I had a hanger, my opponent had a hanger. I shot my ball in and tried to make his at the same time . Made mine and as the cue went toward his pocket the ball dropped and the cue scratched. This was more than few years ago and was discussed on here. If I remember correctly it was determined that both balls should be restored and shot over. Not quite the same situation but just shows weird things can happen.