Early Buffalos

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That's a nice event. I think the last time Buff held one of these, I believe the winner was Tre, and he sold his entry to someone else for a nice profit.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
That's a nice event. I think the last time Buff held one of these, I believe the winner was Tre, and he sold his entry to someone else for a nice profit.
Doc, Hope to be back hitting balls by then. Have not hit a ball in 3 months. BUT, I have entered this tournament, hoping the desire to do good will help me get back in shape after my long hospital stay.
Had one Dr tell me that 27days in hospital means 27 weeks recuperating. Going to try to beat that by about 4 months.
Not selling my spot for love nor money. Just take my spanking and go home - maybe learn something, too.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Doc, Hope to be back hitting balls by then. Have not hit a ball in 3 months. BUT, I have entered this tournament, hoping the desire to do good will help me get back in shape after my long hospital stay.
Had one Dr tell me that 27days in hospital means 27 weeks recuperating. Going to try to beat that by about 4 months.
Not selling my spot for love nor money. Just take my spanking and go home - maybe learn something, too.
I have thought about registering myself except its smack dab in the middle of my busy season. Good luck and get well soon Robert!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Wow, 27 days in the hospital. What a long grind. Glad you're back trying to be active. The more you move around and do your daily activities, the quicker you'll be back to your old self. Did they give you any rehab?

I doubt that I'll play the event, but might come over on Saturday to harass y'all..;)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Hey, Jim. I received an email from Buffalo's that said due to Mardi Gras, they may have to move dates ?

Unable to procure a block of rooms. I looked on Booking.com and Expedia - full price allowed for rooms at nearly

all hotels. I sure hope they move dates.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Hey, Jim. I received an email from Buffalo's that said due to Mardi Gras, they may have to move dates ?

Unable to procure a block of rooms. I looked on Booking.com and Expedia - full price allowed for rooms at nearly

all hotels. I sure hope they move dates.
I have a trip on Sunday before and return Saturday after Mardi Gras. I figured I could play Friday and Saturday. Hotels are always a problem during that time. The town is crazy, that's why the Boss flies out. Great to hear you're out of the hospital and recovering. Say hi to Paula from Kathy.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
This year Mardi Gras carnival season will be running the full month of February, and starting Jan. 6 to March 1 (Fat Tuesday).
Anyone privy to when Buff is considering changing the dates?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
This year Mardi Gras carnival season will be running the full month of February, and starting Jan. 6 to March 1 (Fat Tuesday).
Anyone privy to when Buff is considering changing the dates?
I just rode my bike down Bourbon Street. City looks pretty packed already.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Per Buffalo on Facebook

Since we got to talking about it over here just now... ....Our May One Pocket ( and bar table 9 ball ) events will go like this ....
One Pocket ....$20,000 added
9 Ball .....$5000 added....
( last year it was 10 and 3 )....

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Per Buffalo on Facebook

Since we got to talking about it over here just now... ....Our May One Pocket ( and bar table 9 ball ) events will go like this ....
One Pocket ....$20,000 added
9 Ball .....$5000 added....
( last year it was 10 and 3 )....
I think we can probably thank Joe Long for those burgeoning prize funds! He works hard to increase money for the pros.