Eengat

Verified Member
I am looking to go DCC 20-25th
Anyone that wants to share a room?
Players i know all staying longer so not compatible
And i will stay on dutch time, sleeping from 3 - 10 pm

chicagomike

Verified Member
Hey guys, (4 fingers here) I know I have been quite a while out of the groups discussions, hope you are all doing well.
So I have made room reservations for One Pocket at DCC , looking forward to seeing all that attend.
Good to hear from you Cal! Hope you’re doing well!

chicagomike

Verified Member
Don’t think I’m going to make this one…I’m thinking about doing some other events throughout the year.

baby huey

Verified Member
I'm booked for the Banks and OP. I got the rate from the 20th to the 27th for $119 plus resort fee's. Leaving thursday the 27th unless I'm undefeated thursday morning LOL. Hope too see some of you and have dinner etc. maybe take over a blackjack table.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I be there 20 January and leave 25 January. Not playing the tournament, but I'll be sniffing around.

beatle

Verified Member
until they prove the new variant is not causing more severe illness than delta, it may be prudent to reconsider going to a place you may likely get infected.

Reactions: lll

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I have to just live life. Being afraid of the virus may be prudent, but I'm not too prudent. I had it, got the shot, got the second shot, I'm going to hope that's enough. But thanks for the advise, Beatle. I know it comes from a good place.

beatle

Verified Member
good luck to you. sounds like you did most of the prep to give yourself the best chance.

we all everyday take chances with our lives. driving a car, walking across the street, eating junk food. it all is a risk of some sort.

with each risk you personally have to weigh the risk reward ratio to decide if its worth doing. and you cant take it back after its done.

beatle

Verified Member
steve be careful. without you this site would go to hell in a hand basket.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Planned to get our booster shots this week but now they have me wondering if I shouldn't wait until they have an omicron specific booster ready early 2022. I'm just afraid it's going to be after the Derby...

Edit - Actually, since Pfizer's booster is showing to neutralize the omicron variant, we are switching from Moderna to Pfizer and have our appts set! That means, if no new crazy variant comes out before the derby, I should be attending, woot!

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I guess that means no HOF dinner at DCC again this year?
No, but they did recently approach me about a new lounge space this year that may be available, but I could not see how to get it together with that short notice. I'm going to look at the space and talk to the catering dept when I go -- that is the other reason I want to go for at least a short visit. The DCC tournament staff wants to push the dinner back to Thursday night, which is the One Pocket finals night. That is later than we have ever been in the week, and there are a number of our One Pocket people that do not actually stay that deep in the week. I would want to be able to give plenty of notice for planning so people could schedule the timing of their visit to coordinate with our HOF dinner.