Really IKE?????

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Since you brought it up I figured you really knew…no worries if you don’t.
I do know, but I don't speak for any of them. Imagine someone who watched law and order for 20 years thinking they can question you on actual police procedures? Imagine them calling you out and ridiculing you and your colleagues? Imagine them blaming you for what some bad cop did in another state? You would be right in avoiding that forum because you don't feel welcome. It just wouldn't be worth it.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Wow, the Midwest plains Homies have circled the wagons! How many does it take to rescue a drowning Fact less AB historian! LOL!

One fact is 100% sure, NO player from St. Louie area ever came to Chi-Town and got the CASH! And that includes, St. Louie Louie!

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I do know, but I don't speak for any of them. Imagine someone who watched law and order for 20 years thinking they can question you on actual police procedures? Imagine them calling you out and ridiculing you and your colleagues? Imagine them blaming you for what some bad cop did in another state? You would be right in avoiding that forum because you don't feel welcome. It just wouldn't be worth it.
You may be the New voice of, 'Logical/Common sense' reasoning here!

chicagomike

Verified Member
Ok then I assume they told you they felt shunned…that’s good enough for me.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Pro players have stopped posting on ALL pool forums for a lot of the reasons you stated Joe. I've never seen that in my 6 or 7 yrs here
The fact is most pros only post on Facebook these days...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
wow, there you go, again, ready to string me up without a hearing.

"Just the facts ma'am" was a classic line from the old 1950's, TV show "Dragnet" utter by Detective Joe Friday. They even included that line and many other memorable ones, in the movie remake featuring Dan Aykroyd, lol. You can hear it in this movie trailer at about the 48 second mark:

Lou Figueroa
With your history of stirring up sh*t and belittling other posters, closing with "ma'am" came across to me as just yet another poor choice from you Lou. Maybe you are totally unaware that you do this all too often. But I often end up having to deal with the fallout so yes, I am a bit sensitive. I am also aware that mr3cushion does have a short fuse, so the fact that you would use that expression to him, did put me on high alert. I actually really appreciate that mr3cushion did not bite, or even bark much, at your use this time. Thank you mr3cushion, too!

That said, which I also said a bit earlier, I appreciate you have been contributing and NOT stirring up sh*t lately. Thank you. Also, is it not clear I did not "string you up" this time, but rather I actually complimented, more than once, along with the warning about continuing down that path?

Chandler1968

Verified Member
From
Saint Louis
Wow, the Midwest plains Homies have circled the wagons! How many does it take to rescue a drowning Fact less AB historian! LOL!

One fact is 100% sure, NO player from St. Louie area ever came to Chi-Town and got the CASH! And that includes, St. Louie Louie!
This may be true, however, we have one player right now that has openly invited anyone to come here and play. I am going to ask him if he would post on this forum as well because his one pocket knowledge is up there with the best.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
With your history of stirring up sh*t and belittling other posters, closing with "ma'am" came across to me as just yet another poor choice from you Lou. Maybe you are totally unaware that you do this all too often. But I often end up having to deal with the fallout so yes, I am a bit sensitive. I am also aware that mr3cushion does have a short fuse, so the fact that you would use that expression to him, did put me on high alert. I actually really appreciate that mr3cushion did not bite, or even bark much, at your use this time. Thank you mr3cushion, too!

That said, which I also said a bit earlier, I appreciate you have been contributing and NOT stirring up sh*t lately. Thank you. Also, is it not clear I did not "string you up" this time, but rather I actually complimented, more than once, along with the warning about continuing down that path?
I do have a short fuse, for, Ignorant/Uninformed/Non fact based replies or innuendos!

IMO, anyone that doesn't stand up for who and what they are in this world is a weak individual.

lfigueroa

Verified Member

Your characterization of my posts as shit stirring is highly offensive in that that term carries with it an implicit desire to cause trouble for its own sake.

It’s also telling in that it highlights the lense through which you view what I write. And what write is just my opinion, which I am inclined to speak forthrightly and without sugar coating. And, I don’t fire the first shot but am not shy about engaging in a lively exchange.

No matter. I write what I write the way I write. That’s not ever changing for you or anyone else.

Lou Figueroa

youngstown

Verified Member
To get back on topic, and stop with the childish BS… I can only speak for one pro that I’ve talked to about posting on this forum and the response was “too many keyboard warriors” and what he meant was people over estimating their abilities about the shot they would take…although another meaning would probably be suitable as well…

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
My opinion ( and you all know I've never been wrong ) is that the people we "should" be most interested in recruiting to 1P dotOrg are people who are recently developing an interest in one pocket for the first time. My guess is that more participation from top pros might even be detrimental to that objective, making Newbies stick to lurking out of fear of embarrassing themselves.

BTW, I'm still way behind the curve on 1P knowledge here, but when I look back at some of my early posts I cringe at how ignorant they were. (I thought I knew how to play one pocket, but I didn't have a clue.) I really appreciate that people kept to silently thinking "dumbass" instead of pointing it out.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
To get back on topic, and stop with the childish BS… I can only speak for one pro that I’ve talked to about posting on this forum and the response was “too many keyboard warriors” and what he meant was people over estimating their abilities about the shot they would take…although another meaning would probably be suitable as well…
I remember the first time I played SVB. It was a tight table in his home room. He shot at everything. I said to myself WTF is he shooting like that, he’s selling out like a crazy person.

With a small spot I had him stuck for most of the night, at least till he quit selling out🤣
The Pro’s shot selection is sometimes different from mine😁

chicagomike

Verified Member
This may be true, however, we have one player right now that has openly invited anyone to come here and play. I am going to ask him if he would post on this forum as well because his one pocket knowledge is up there with the best.
I like you already!!! I think I know who you have in mind at he would be an awesome contributor. Just do me a favor and leave me with some gas money back to Chicago after our session.😀

Chandler1968

Verified Member
From
Saint Louis
I like you already!!! I think I know who you have in mind at he would be an awesome contributor. Just do me a favor and leave me with some gas money back to Chicago after our session.😀
Lol, i have the privilege of playing with, hanging out with Justin and picking his mind. His cue ball control is awesome. Jtom has my gas money.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
From 1963 till 2004 I can't remember any player from the St. Louis area that CAME to Chicago and got the Cash! That includes a, National 3C Champion!

I'm not going to speak for others, but, I would venture to say, Chris Gentile or even Ike would be willing to make some kind of gambling game. JMO.