Tony vs Alex

Trebor

Verified Member
From
Action, USA
This is why I’d never do anything with Tony. Absolutely nothing at all… If you can’t find the motivation to bear down for this kind of dough you might wanna evaluate what’s important to you in life. Take up oil painting

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I've watched both days. Seems Tony get a lead in most game (4,5,6 balls) and then does something stupid to allow Alex to run 8,9,10 balls and out. Alex is very special and runs balls like nobody's business. But, I feel if Tony could just protect his lead once he has it he could win. He does seem very uninterested at times though.

Trebor

Verified Member
From
Action, USA
Filler is amazing and he represents the style of today. Elite level 1P has changed so much. In today’s game, the better ball striker and shot maker usually wins. In yester year, 1P favored the savvy mover and strategist. A guy like Chris Gentile would’ve robbed Filler….. Those days are long gone! These new guys not only shoot straight, they understand all the little nuances of the game now.

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
Day 2 ends 27 to 20 Alex, IMO we all have a few guys we just can't beat and that's why we see Tony looking down, although that is kind of his demeanor in general.

Alex is the best One Pocket player on the planet, his interest in the game at hand is his only handicap. The rumors ( lol ) of his demise were greatly exaggerated by people with money in the other side.

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Day 2 ends 28 to 20 Alex, IMO we all have a few guys we just can't beat and that's why we see Tony looking down, although that is kind of his demeanor in general.

Alex is the best One Pocket player on the planet, his interest in the game at hand is his only handicap. The rumors ( lol ) of his demise were greatly exaggerated by people with money in the other side.
Alex went from 3 ahead to 8 ahead. That's pretty awesome.

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
I have said this many of times but I will say it again (even though Ray/Terry may not see it)...I wish there was a way you could take the match and put it on a thumb drive, a DVD or some sort of secure download area where I can buy it and then watch it on my own time whenever I want. Rewind, fast forward, pause, etc. I know they do playbacks over night, but I still may not get to see it all that way.

Good luck to both players!
Just download a screen recorder, I've recorded most of these to my PC.

Screen Recorders

OldSchool

Verified Member
Filler is amazing and he represents the style of today. Elite level 1P has changed so much. In today’s game, the better ball striker and shot maker usually wins. In yester year, 1P favored the savvy mover and strategist. A guy like Chris Gentile would’ve robbed Filler….. Those days are long gone! These new guys not only shoot straight, they understand all the little nuances of the game now.

No he wouldn't. For example, six years ago Chris got Danny Smith to come and play him on Chris's home court/table in Chicago. They played an 8 ahead set, playing even. Danny tortured Chris, getting 8 ahead to win the set in just 5 hours.

Old School

Trebor

Verified Member
From
Action, USA
OldSchool I see your point but i don't think you get mine. The point i'm making illustrates how the new era of 1P champions have more of a well rounded game than that of years past. Guys like Filler and Danny can do it all and do it all well. The oldschool 1P champions use to love to play the straight shootin 9ballers some 1hole because they lacked the knowledge to consistently compete. Those days are long gone. The new age of 1P players are far more advanced

OldSchool

Verified Member
OldSchool I see your point but i don't think you get mine. The point i'm making illustrates how the new era of 1P champions have more of a well rounded game than that of years past. Guys like Filler and Danny can do it all and do it all well. The oldschool 1P champions use to love to play the straight shootin 9ballers some 1hole because they lacked the knowledge to consistently compete. Those days are long gone. The new age of 1P players are far more advanced

Trebor, I agree 100% with what you say here.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
tony wins first game today on alex break
alex comes back from minus 4 to 4 to win the next game !!!
28-21 alex ahead