3 Cushion Tourney...What Have I Done?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Dave played a GREAT event! For a guy that hasn't played regular in a couple of years and only practiced for 4 weeks!

He just lost his last game but, once again, Dave, GREAT playing!!!!

I'm not sure if he still has a chance for 8th-16 somewhere.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah, I 2nd that! He is our Harold Worst of OP.org.! Does he play snooker too, watch out!
Whitey
Harold Worst? I'm not even a Bill Smith. My head starts spinning just thinking about what I don't know in both 3c & 1p.

But thanks so much to all, all the love makes it worthwhile sharing with my friends.

Now the long drive home...I'm in St. George, UT gassed up to see how far I can make it. I miss my wife, Diane.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Harold Worst? I'm not even a Bill Smith. My head starts spinning just thinking about what I don't know in both 3c & 1p.

But thanks so much to all, all the love makes it worthwhile sharing with my friends.

Now the long drive home...I'm in St. George, UT gassed up to see how far I can make it. I miss my wife, Diane.
I always have respect for you Dave! You beat me in the Finals in the Nationals in 94.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Dave you're my hero, great playing and i'm still buying hotdogs . I need 10-6 in onepocket and 10-6 in 3CS . 10 dollars a game, I forgot the break too. hurry up I'm going to be 80 soon. Again great Playing .

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I thought I'd close this out with a few pictures my sister-in-law sent me that she took while sweating the tourney.

Me waiting to play my final 16 match:
IMG952822.jpg

Playing during the round of 32:
IMG952808.jpg

The room:
IMG_2812.jpg

And finally, how we all felt after finishing the event: 😂🤣
IMG_20210831_175528.jpg

Last edited:

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Looks like you had a great time, Dave, and gave those guys a run for the money. Wish I could have watched you play. We're most people wearing their masks or was it player optional? I'm not sure I'd want to use a cushion mask like that guy in your picture...seems extreme to me.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Looks like you had a great time, Dave, and gave those guys a run for the money. Wish I could have watched you play. We're most people wearing their masks or was it player optional? I'm not sure I'd want to use a cushion mask like that guy in your picture...seems extreme to me.
Split on mask usage walking around the room for the first couple days, but not while playing although some kept them on. The last couple days some people stopped wearing them all together which I did not understand. I had a headstrap version that folded the top strap over my head while playing allowing me to quickly put it back on.

I skipped the players meeting wed night to avoid all 78 players at one time, the rest of the play was spaced out since only 7 tables. I'm hoping I didn't bring anything back.