2021 MOT MEMPHIS SIGN UP

lfigueroa

Verified Member
That's every tournament for me :)

I was playing a match at the DCC a few years ago in the two table room upstairs and Louie Demarco and some other guy were about to start their match while they both moaned about not having played much lately.

The guy I was playing just looked at me and we both busted out laughing.

Lou Figueroa

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
To start with I haven’t been playing much. It’s five hours to the pool room one way. I think instead of going to Mississippi, I would rather go to Cincinnati. Cincinnati’s food and beverage choices are just a better match for my taste. Instead I’m going to ask John and sons to come here. Maybe da barbar might want to come too. So sorry, until conditions return to some what normal, I’m staying home. Keep my deposit.

FreeMoney

Verified Member
For you players in the MOT TOURNEY (& anyone who wants to visit Tennessee):

“Tennessee On Me” will provide a $250 airline voucher from American, Delta or Southwest to the first 10,000 people to book a minimum 2-night stay at a participating hotel. You can pick from one of four eligible cities including: Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis or Nashville. You’ll need to book by September 15, 2021 but travel can occur between July 11, 2021 and December 30, 2021.

Visit this website for more details: Tennessee On Me | Visit Nashville TN (visitmusiccity.com)

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Getting pretty bad in this part of the country. Lost a long time pool friend here this weekend. Tested and admitted friday, died Sunday. Another pool friend and close neighbor been very sick two weeks now. Adamant non vaccine guy until now...Looks like he's going to be admitted tomorrow because he can't shake it. Both my elderly next door neighbors got it last week, both were vaccinated early so they came through it good and are back up running. Its worse and more deadly here than at the peak before. I was in the ER yesterday for an issue related to my recent biopsy surgery and there was a line of little ones coming through the door while I was waiting. Heartbreaking. Please get your vaccinations.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Getting pretty bad in this part of the country. Lost a long time pool friend here this weekend. Tested and admitted friday, died Sunday. Another pool friend and close neighbor been very sick two weeks now. Adamant non vaccine guy until now...Looks like he's going to be admitted tomorrow because he can't shake it. Both my elderly next door neighbors got it last week, both were vaccinated early so they came through it good and are back up running. Its worse and more deadly here than at the peak before. I was in the ER yesterday for an issue related to my recent biopsy surgery and there was a line of little ones coming through the door while I was waiting. Heartbreaking. Please get your vaccinations.
I expect Buddy has quarantined himself. The #1 high risk group is the elderly. The #2? Obesity.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I'm sorry to say that because of the covid situation and my wife not doing well I will have to drop out. I would hate myself if I brought something home that would harm her.
I hope the next person in line has enough time to make plans. Hope to see you guys at the next one.

FreeMoney

Verified Member
I did not, but it is under consideration. Some hoops to jump through here health wise, and worried about the Covid situation. My main concern now is getting home, which will happen this week.
Best wishes with your health issues John !! Stay safe !

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
I spoke with Dustin Miller, who is handling the sign ups. With the Delta Covid surge, we consider that the kind of "emergency" so if anyone wishes to drop out and have their entry refunded, just let Dustin know or post here. No worries. Taking care of our own helath and those we love comes first for sure!

That said, the tournament is still "on" unless things get untenable. So check back as we get closer to November.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I spoke with Dustin Miller, who is handling the sign ups. With the Delta Covid surge, we consider that the kind of "emergency" so if anyone wishes to drop out and have their entry refunded, just let Dustin know or post here. No worries. Taking care of our own helath and those we love comes first for sure!

That said, the tournament is still "on" unless things get untenable. So check back as we get closer to November.

i'll get the entry list updated this week. anyone who feels its best to drop, just let me know. (personally, i think we'll know a lot more in a month or so....but its understood that guys need to make travel and lodging plans...)

steve (westefre) - hey pal, check your PM - let us know if you're in.