$3,000 Added 6th Annual Seniors One Pocket Tournament July 1-4th, 2021

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I booked John Smith and I also at the Hilton Cypress Garden. We won't be renting a car (for about $120 a day for crying out loud), so if a ride works once in a while that would be nice -- otherwise Uber or Lyft it is -- still a lot cheaper than a car rental, when we are not really planning to go anywhere but back and forth from the hotel -- and airport of course!

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
24 Entries with the addition of David Jones from Florida.

Eight spots left with only 18 days to go. Going to be a great tournament as always.

Senior players always get the best treatment from Bogies.

See post #3 for complete list of confirmed entries.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
A bump it up thread. We expect 2 local players to be added to list. That would be 26.

Know it is July 4th weekend. But, how could it be better than to be playing 1-pkt with your friends, telling stories and

possibly getting to upset Efren ? My wife will be making excuses for me at our family get together. :) :)👍

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Maybe one day they’ll spell my name correctly😜
If you sent a check, that would do it, right :)

There is a long-time tradition of names being wrong in tournament charts and in tournament press coverage. I always wondered if part of that was on purpose -- meaning the players were quite happy to see their name butchered because if it was bad enough, they could still fly under the radar lol. The early National Billiard News was particularly bad -- or should I say good -- at playing along with that :LOL:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
In years past, RedCard has been putting together a seniors event poster that had player photos on it so that they can be printed and given to the players as a commemorative type memorabilia. I know it's right around the corner but in speaking with him about the MOT poster, he said if you guys wanted one this year, he can still get it done in time and has most photos on file but would need any updated pics or new pics sent right away since July 1 is almost here. Please reply here if there is interest and any updated player pics. Thanks!

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
RedCard does the best, most professional posters. Would be glad to help pay for the cost.

So far, we are stuck on 24 players. Two other Seniors are on the fence.

Please call John Rizzo @ 281-813-3886 or Robert Newkirk @ 817-875-1254 to be added to list.

Only 10 days left - going to be a lot of competition and tall tales. Efren is playing 👍 🏆 Come beat the GOAT

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
In years past, RedCard has been putting together a seniors event poster that had player photos on it so that they can be printed and given to the players as a commemorative type memorabilia. I know it's right around the corner but in speaking with him about the MOT poster, he said if you guys wanted one this year, he can still get it done in time and has most photos on file but would need any updated pics or new pics sent right away since July 1 is almost here. Please reply here if there is interest and any updated player pics. Thanks!
i would be interested

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
You qualify for this, and when I look at the names up there, I believe I see at least two that are in their 80's and a 3rd that carries an oxygen tank. Honestly, I would like to see you come out and play in this.
I qualify and invited to play in all 3C events, and I haven't! I've been in a PR 3 times since 12/19, I now officially have only 1 eye. If everyone wants to wear a patch on 1 eye, I might consider it. For sure if it is in Chicago. I'd trade my age for them in 80's and 1 eye for the oxygen tank. My abilities for me are not in question, knowledge, fundamentals and stroke are in tack.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I qualify and invited to play in all 3C events, and I haven't! I've been in a PR 3 times since 12/19, I now officially have only 1 eye. If everyone wants to wear a patch on 1 eye, I might consider it. For sure if it is in Chicago. I'd trade my age for them in 80's and 1 eye for the oxygen tank. My abilities for me are not in question, knowledge, fundamentals and stroke are in tack.
I have similar feelings. I played one super-senior and one senior event, and enjoyed both of them. But now with the one eye gone, it combines with my already deteriorating game to where it's a little frustrating. My criterion for playing a tournament is if I believe I have a chance to cash. With the younger good players entered, along with the pros, cashing is probably out of the question. So I have to think, "Do I wanna drive 14 hours round trip, and spend a grand just to play 6 games of one-hole?"..😅 The camaraderie would be nice, but I can get that an hour away at Buffalo's..:) The guys will have a blast though! Bogies treats the players like kings.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire