Recurring shot scenario

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
This is for the non great players You have the bottom right pocket, there are a few good shots , but there is one that if you practice , can lead to big runs and becomes very high percentage. Do you see it? https://pad.chalkysticks.com/d09dc.png
Its not the 12 bank into the 2 off the 15 , I didn't realise that was there, until I looked again

Last edited:

OldSchool

Verified Member
This is for the non great players You have the bottom right pocket, there are a few good shots , but there is one that if you practice , can lead to big runs and becomes very high percentage. Do you see it? https://pad.chalkysticks.com/d09dc.png
Its not the 12 bank into the 2 off the 15 , I didn't realise that was there, until I looked again

14 ball cross-corner with the cueball going 3 rails around. Or, banking the 3ball 2 rails then it clips the bottom of the 2 and goes in your hole. Or, 13ball 3 rails with the cueball also going 3 rails around for shape and safe. I've shot each of those 3 shots countless times over the last 50+ years.

- Old School

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
14 ball cross-corner with the cueball going 3 rails around. Or, banking the 3ball 2 rails then it clips the bottom of the 2 and goes in your hole. Or, 13ball 3 rails with the cueball also going 3 rails around for shape and safe. I've shot each of those 3 shots countless times over the last 50+ years.

- Old School
All 3 excellent shots, which one do you think average players miss completely, and in my mind , if you understand the mechanics of the shot, it is usually the safest to play.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
bank the 3 ball 2 rails into the 2....2 off the 15 to pocket. CB freezes right there where the 3 was for shape if u make the 2 and blocks him from seeing it if you dont.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
Shoot into the 14, the cb makes the 15!
Whitey
As I see the shot you have to hit the 14 nearly full as the 15 blocks a cut. The cue ball will be going very slowly towards the 15. Additional energy will be lost since the 15 is shot mostly into the 2 ball. I don't think the 15 has a chance to reach the pocket. Of course it depends on the setup, but the diagram shown is not promising. Move the 14 an inch up-table and it has a chance.