One Pocket instructors Where are they?

Wybrook

You ever come out loser in this scenario? !!
Never...
However, I'm not greedy and I try to make it fair for the person taking a lesson. I enjoy playing pool, and growing up, no one taught me how to play. I learned by playing better players until they would not play me anymore. Happened every time :)
I am glad to pass on knowledge and have people grow their games and enjoy One Pocket more and more. Its nice to see someone getting better and attribute it to your guidance.
Some players don't teach as they want to limit their competition. They feel if they teach people, it makes it harder for them to win. This is bs as far as I'm concerned and I won't stop learning myself, so where is the harm in growing people around you?

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Adam, How ya doing? I try not to encourage my students to gamble with me but some do feel they get more out of the experience that way. A friend of mine came up with an interesting way to make a game which force us both to give a concerted effort. The first game was played even for whatever price we determined. $20.00 per was reasonable at the time. For every game I was ahead i handicapped him one ball. 8 to 8 first game. I win; 8 to 7 the second. 8 - 6 the third if I won the second and so on. If he won a game the handicap would revert back one ball. This assured me an income but also assured him that his expense would be manageable because it would be highly unlikely that I would win many games once the handicap reach a certain point.

Cheers from south Fl.

Tom

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
actually i am a tennis player.
thanks for the well wishes
I played Tennis in high school, I enjoyed it. I was #1 singles player my Junior/Senior year but we never beat any of the good schools any way so that wasn't saying much lol...

Wybrook

Adam, How ya doing? I try not to encourage my students to gamble with me but some do feel they get more out of the experience that way. A friend of mine came up with an interesting way to make a game which force us both to give a concerted effort. The first game was played even for whatever price we determined. $20.00 per was reasonable at the time. For every game I was ahead i handicapped him one ball. 8 to 8 first game. I win; 8 to 7 the second. 8 - 6 the third if I won the second and so on. If he won a game the handicap would revert back one ball. This assured me an income but also assured him that his expense would be manageable because it would be highly unlikely that I would win many games once the handicap reach a certain point.

Cheers from south Fl.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Hope you're doing well down there..
Sounds like a very fair way to learn to play with a better player.. I may incorporate that with some students!