One Pocket instructors Where are they?

Gettherack

I may be moving from my current location.
I'll hate to have to do it because I have a great instructor now and don't want to lose him.
But things may force me to move out of this area.
I love One Pocket but I'm still learning.
I will be remaining on the east coast
Who can you recommend to take his place?

Don't ask who is teaching me now, I ain't tellin'.....yet

Gettherack

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I can think of 2 off the top of my head and maybe some will chime in with others.

Tom Wirth - in Florida
Ghost - in Chicago

I only listed these 2 because I remember seeing people say they have gotten one pocket lessons from both and have been very happy with their experience(s). They both have tons of knowledge.

Good luck!

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I may be moving from my current location.
I'll hate to have to do it because I have a great instructor now and don't want to lose him.
But things may force me to move out of this area.
I love One Pocket but I'm still learning.
I will be remaining on the east coast
Who can you recommend to take his place?

Don't ask who is teaching me now, I ain't tellin'.....yet

Gettherack

There are 1pocket instructors in every pool room.

You can usually get lessons for as cheap as $10-$20 a game. When I moved to St. Louis in the 90's and had never played the game I found that everyone in town was more than willing to teach me how to play 1pocket. It took me a couple of years to get through the undergraduate program before I was able to move on to the graduate program.

Lou Figueroa

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Tom Wirth in Florida. A better 1P instructor cannot be found. He understands the game as well or better than anyone. But mainly knows how to teach. Knows how to describe what and why. Just listening to him talk about 1P is educational. Yes there are 1P instructors in everyone pool room or bar ...and yes go blow x amount trying to learn by losing...or learn from a player/winner that is passionate about promoting 1p. Aside from being more than rea$onable he is pleasure to be at the table with. 1P is what Tom does best.

Gettherack

You can usually get lessons for as cheap as $10-$20 a game. When I moved to St. Louis in the 90's and had never played the game I found that everyone in town was more than willing to teach me how to play 1pocket. It took me a couple of years to get through the undergraduate program before I was able to move on to the graduate program.

Lou Figueroa
That’s one way to go if your a money queer and like to blow money

Gettherack

Tom Wirth in Florida. A better 1P instructor cannot be found. He understands the game as well or better than anyone. But mainly knows how to teach. Knows how to describe what and why. Just listening to him talk about 1P is educational. Yes there are 1P instructors in everyone pool room or bar ...and yes go blow x amount trying to learn by losing...or learn from a player/winner that is passionate about promoting 1p. Aside from being more than rea$onable he is pleasure to be at the table with. 1P is what Tom does best.
I agree he is a class act

Gettherack

i am not telling you where i am now and where i am moving to, and who i am using now but please help me out and maybe i will tell you thank you.

thats about how your post sounds to me.

the few posts you have on the site are great but this one is off the wall.
Ocala ares Florida

Gettherack

If you wont tell us
Why should we tell you?.,...yet
:cool:
tom worth is in florida and posts here
Ghost ... bruce perry in chicago posts here ( not lately)
Highly recomended
Northern Florida sorry I was so evasive

Gettherack

I can think of 2 off the top of my head and maybe some will chime in with others.

Tom Wirth - in Florida
Ghost - in Chicago

I only listed these 2 because I remember seeing people say they have gotten one pocket lessons from both and have been very happy with their experience(s). They both have tons of knowledge.

Good luck!
Thanks

Gettherack

Tom Wirth - in Florida
Ghost - in Chicago

Good luck!
Thanks

Gettherack

Thanks

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
oh, you're going to fit right in here.

Lou Figueroa
just not for long, lol

Gettherack

Lou Figueroa

Gettherack

That’s old school I don’t want to learn from nits your not one of those guys are you, Lou?
I figure you're just trying to help.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Gettherrack,
Since you are in Florida, mr3c Bill Smith is an instructor. He is regarded as one our best American Billiard players. Which means he knows where the cb and ob are going, kicking & diamond systems, cue ball and object ball control. His stroke mechanics are second to none. He has really help me in that area, my pocketing went up 20%.
Plus beings from Chicago he has a tremendous OP background, for one coming up along side Artie B. plus many others. He knows OP as well as anyone.
Many of his threads are geared towards instruction, he likes helping. He authored an instruction book and dvd. Whitey

Last edited:

Gettherack

Lou Figueroa
V
i am not telling you where i am now and where i am moving to, and who i am using now but please help me out and maybe i will tell you thank you.

thats about how your post sounds to me.

the few posts you have on the site are great but this one is off the wall.