busty vs danny

powerball

Verified Member
I can't really see the angle I have, but it looks like I might attempt to move that ball in front of his hole using the 14 ball and then drifting whitey to the side rail. Hoping for my usual good roll.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
busty's shot
wwyd??

I'm either kicking long rail, short rail behind the 11 (I may need to hit the long rail above the natural path using LHE if the 7 is in the way) or 2-railing the 10 and parking the CB near the top right pocket (but I have to hit it real good as otherwise he will remove both 8 and 3 from my side). The 1 is in the way to make the two-railer so I am playing it wider for the 10 to come to rest by the 2nd diamond.

Alternatively, it looks like the 2 is over-kissing to my pocket just a hair. Can't really tell from this angle. If that's the case and given the trouble I'm in I may try to throw it with bottom left to make it. A risky shot but it's not going to get better for me from here unless I get aggressive

Last edited:

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I think I'd gently send that 3 up to the corner leaving CB close as possible past/at/on the 6.
More predictable than trying to clear the 11 now.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Bank the 1 back at you 1 time long with a lot of LHE. CB comes back across table to double and triple him up

If that's too extreme of cut when at table I may just come off 13? 2 rail it to my side. Low left and bring cb back to his long rail then foot rail.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
A genuine billiard emergency - I think I will warm up my arm and do my best to move everything south of the foot spot. That probably means framming the 9 ball or the 10 ball. Heads up, everybody - incoming!

beatle

Verified Member
for the safety type shot combo the 3,6 both around the table towards our hole and leave him down at the bottom .

this gets a ball or more on your side he may have to deal with next turn.

beatle

Verified Member
or more aggressive, the 9, 12, 11 sending them away something on vapos line of thought, that looks best from the tableside.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Bank the 1 back at you 1 time long with a lot of LHE. CB comes back across table to double and triple him up

If that's too extreme of cut when at table I may just come off 13? 2 rail it to my side. Low left and bring cb back to his long rail then foot rail.
Yep, a free shot with possible blockers. Busty can fan his cue ball with the best of em.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I agree with Chris and Bill = the shot I like best here, and am shooting, is the twist-cut bank on the 1ball...pretty free shot, should leave Danny doubled/tripled up, and you might be able to have your cueball end up behind the 6-3 hiding that 1ball that ends up near your pocket. (y)

squeezeplay

Verified Member
With so many possible solutions, maybe taking a scratch 1 rail down by Dannys hole is the easiest and risk adverse shot. Maybe.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Twist banking the 1ball is a very good option, I also like banking the 4ball into the 15ball or the 12ball sending the cue ball near the top rail behind the 1ball. This shot is fairly easy to control and if you happen to position a ball near your pocket it will be protected which will be huge in escaping this position.

Dr. Bill

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I'm banking the one also, just to have a ball that goes near my pocket , kicking under the 11 is just going to get you frozen on the wrong side of the stack next shot. imo If I were going to kick at the 11, I would stiff it off the top rail and try to pinch in between the ball and rail , just hit hard enough to have the reverse still on the cueball when it hits the top rail, no need to murder it, I don't see the need for this extreme shot here though.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK

Banking the 1 looked too extreme a cut for me and a scratch cross corner was looming large so I opted for a two-railer but apparently I was wrong as most of you chose this shot.

So my question to you guys - how do you avoid scratching cross corner on these extreme cut shots ?

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
usually top English not draw or just side ball. Mostly I think it gets to be a feel think like missing the kiss on cross over cross corners

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Banking the 1 looked too extreme a cut for me and a scratch cross corner was looming large so I opted for a two-railer but apparently I was wrong as most of you chose this shot.

So my question to you guys - how do you avoid scratching cross corner on these extreme cut shots ?
At the angle you have to cut the 1 in order to bank it toward your hole, there is no way to cross corner scratch. If you were banking it 1 rail to your opponents pocket maybe, but the cb will coming off the 1 pretty thin so the cb will hit the long rail and then short rail about mid diamond, at least that's how I picture it.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
At the angle you have to cut the 1 in order to bank it toward your hole, there is no way to cross corner scratch. If you were banking it 1 rail to your opponents pocket maybe, but the cb will coming off the 1 pretty thin so the cb will hit the long rail and then short rail about mid diamond, at least that's how I picture it.

Chris, now I don't have to post that - you took the words out of my mouse. :)

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK

I usually play these shots with bottom left (Bugs’ style, sort of). So you think the CB will still hit the short rail way above the corner pocket even if played that way? Maybe you are right. My spatial awareness is rubbish when I try to gauge the CB path from the pics, especially if a shot needs a lot of bottom and side.