To kick or not to kick

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve; In example #1,why didn't you just bank the 15 and leave the CB in the same location, seems like that would be a more reliable choice? NOT trying to make it of course!

The 15 definitely did not bank to the hole as it was positioned, whereas coming from behind it could have gone to the hole cleanly. That was my main reason. Plus there was a nice wall of balls to catch the cue ball as long as I got a little on that side with my kick.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
# 1 takes a very precise kick. Maybe some amount of English to make certain you go down to the rail and hide the 15 ball.

As lucky as I am, I'd play all CB and hope the 15 ball stopped on my side.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I'm banking the 15 towards my hole and putting my cue behind the balls. Hopefully the 15 lands where it presents a problem for my opponent. Not kicking the second. 3rd Looks like several good kicks. Although the ball count does not favor me in this situation, Im kicking if it is a cash game, playing safe if a tournament.

baby huey

Verified Member
In scenario #3, there is a shot not many people play which is pretty safe and can yield some nice results. You can bank the 15 two rails with no intention of hitting any balls and draw the cue ball into the bottom rail and stick it there and the 15 goes towards your hole and is in play with your opponent hooked on the 15 and scrambling.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
In scenario #3, there is a shot not many people play which is pretty safe and can yield some nice results. You can bank the 15 two rails with no intention of hitting any balls and draw the cue ball into the bottom rail and stick it there and the 15 goes towards your hole and is in play with your opponent hooked on the 15 and scrambling.

You mean #1. I would rather shoot straight into the 15, not to hard and follow the CB two rails to the bottom rail around the first diamond. The ball don't favor you so they need a little nudge

tylerdurden

Verified Member
# 1 takes a very precise kick. Maybe some amount of English to make certain you go down to the rail and hide the 15 ball.

As lucky as I am, I'd play all CB and hope the 15 ball stopped on my side.
Rod.

I really don't think that is true. You are aiming at a half ball, which is the most forgiving hit to be going for. There is a huge buffer with the hit and the cb direction there. I very much like the shot he chose there in contrast to what many here are saying. I think it is pretty easy to execute, and there are a lot of positives to it. I hope somebody can replicate it and try it if you get the time, I would love to know the results.

I personally see the shot as kicking the 15 a little higher up his side rail, but that is just the way I see it. I think it is a lot stronger to have a ball laying on the side rail in that spot too.

Last edited: